FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solution]Windows 8 - ADB/fastboot driver problem solved!!

1,112 posts
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2012, 11:35 AM |#11  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejakenixon

Hello, I was wondering if this would work for the Motorola drivers. I've been trying to install them so that I can fastboot my Razr, but it quits right after it recognizes that I'm on Windows 8.

I guess I might as well just try it in the meantime!

-Jake

Edit: In the ADB drivers link you posted, there's nothing to install. Just .sys files, .dlls, two .cat files, and some .infs. How exactly does one do anything with these files? Also, your second link for USB drivers was removed by mediafire.

To your edit. You have extracted the files. This is also called "installing" because you have extracted NEEDED files. Even when you extract a .zip/.rar/.tar/.tar.gz and so on, because you need files out of them, you are installing, but not to the system, but to yourself
20th July 2012, 10:37 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but this method is not working for me on Windows 8 Consumer Preview. When I'm trying to install the ADB drivers, it says the drivers cannot be installed because it's not digitally signed.

UPDATE: I got it to work by disabling the Digital Signature Enforcement on Windows 8. Steps: Restart Windows > Boot loader Menu > Other Options > Advance Options > *Computer Automatically Restarts* > Press F7 to Disable Digital Signature Enforcement
21st July 2012, 05:14 PM |#13  
2phonejones's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lansing,MI
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I cant get odin to work on win8 with my epic touch could this be my solution? Ive tried everything

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2012, 08:45 PM |#14  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones

I cant get odin to work on win8 with my epic touch could this be my solution? Ive tried everything

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Yes, it should work with all Android-modification applications. I have never really had problems, with Odin, with any version of Windows, mainly because this is the first thing I do, on any of my Windows machines, but it is always worth a try Tell us, what you have found out!

If necessary, I'll try to find a solution myself

Sent from some GS III in some country, to a server somewhere in the US...
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatsleigher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beatsleigher Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 09:12 PM |#15  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconicpaul

confirmed, it works, thank you...very fast and easy

No worries, dude That's what I posted this thread for.
23rd July 2012, 02:02 AM |#16  
2phonejones's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lansing,MI
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy59

Yes, it should work with all Android-modification applications. I have never really had problems, with Odin, with any version of Windows, mainly because this is the first thing I do, on any of my Windows machines, but it is always worth a try Tell us, what you have found out!

If necessary, I'll try to find a solution myself

Sent from some GS III in some country, to a server somewhere in the US...

thanks bro i didnt think anyone would repsond lol. Trying now, report back with results i want to flash so bad.
29th July 2012, 07:29 PM |#17  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Could someone pls. create a video tutorial, nad post this on Youtube, for me?

My laptop broke a couple of days ago, and my PC is only capable of running 98 - Vista, so, running on XP with 1GB of RAM.
I would appreciate this very much!

If you could do so and send me the link, via PM, I would be glad to pay 5€, via PayPal!
29th July 2012, 07:30 PM |#18  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones

thanks bro i didnt think anyone would repsond lol. Trying now, report back with results i want to flash so bad.

Ok, dude! Have fun!
15th October 2012, 11:21 PM |#19  
jorgefcbastos's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Didn't work for me.
16th October 2012, 08:53 PM |#20  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 595
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgefcbastos

Didn't work for me.

Did you follow the tutorial COMPLETELY, or did you leave stuff out? If you left something out, it's obviously not going to work

You may have to disable device driver signing, I've had quite a few people notify me about this.
But I'll sign the drivers, ASAP, so you won't have this problem

LG familyguy59/Beatsleigher

Edit: I forgot to mention, you need to tell me what exactly didn't work, otherwise I can't really help you
16th October 2012, 09:31 PM |#21  
jorgefcbastos's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think I did all you told me to do but it didn't work. Not telling you are wrong, but I'm frustrated because I can't contour this problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes