FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Ubuntu Galaxy Nexus Image

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By nullbesign, Senior Member on 21st February 2013, 05:57 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I believe that ubuntu team will be posting there galaxy nexus image rom here at this link
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

please dont yell at me if im wrong..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nullbesign For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nullbesign Ad-Free
 
 
21st February 2013, 06:30 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullbesign

I believe that ubuntu team will be posting there galaxy nexus image rom here at this link
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

please dont yell at me if im wrong..

Also check: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TouchInstallProcess
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickenfeeder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chickenfeeder Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 08:07 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
I haven't seen anyone link to this yet, what's this about?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...ntal/mwc-demo/
21st February 2013, 08:15 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkuzFoz

I haven't seen anyone link to this yet, what's this about?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...ntal/mwc-demo/

I wondered there too and was wondering myself. it has the codenames for all the nexus devices, Galaxy Nexus (GSM), Nexus 4, Nexus 7 ect
21st February 2013, 08:16 AM |#5  
adambala's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag patra
Thanks Meter: 365
 
More
i wlii try to flash the maguro file size 48mb....report at once....hope not to brick my gnex...lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adambala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adambala Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 08:20 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambala

i wlii try to flash the maguro file size 48mb....report at once....hope not to brick my gnex...lol

I would have gone ahead but I'm not sure why there are different versions. Totally confused on boot and recovery images, but I've been out of the ROM loop for a long time.
21st February 2013, 08:21 AM |#7  
adambala's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag patra
Thanks Meter: 365
 
More
nothing.....no boot.....just restoring my xenon rom...:P:P:P
21st February 2013, 08:21 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
The zip is flashable, contains a boot.img and has scripts to install stuff. the others are .IMG files, and the main phablet one is the biggest file at over 400megs.

edit: the one that is almost 500megs is a flashable zip too, has updater script. since that is the only one of that size, i bet that is the main ubuntu, and the others are the drivers, boot images, ect, specific to different devices.
21st February 2013, 08:25 AM |#9  
adambala's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag patra
Thanks Meter: 365
 
More
yeap...i am downloading the img file now but i am not sure if i want to enter fastboot to flash it...
21st February 2013, 08:28 AM |#10  
JKan Co's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Re: Ubuntu Galaxy Nexus Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambala

yeap...i am downloading the img file now but i am not sure if i want to enter fastboot to flash it...

We can flash it via fastboot like google images???????

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 08:32 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagouro

We can flash it via fastboot like google images???????

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

No one knows yet. but you can try, but you risk bricking your phone. My galaxy nexus is dead now, charging the battery. Not going to experiment with my nexus 4, since it's my daily phone. by the time my gnex charges someone will figure it out or they'll be instructions posted on the ubuntu site.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes