Ubuntu Touch OS Galaxy Nexus Thread | Everything Goes Here!

Search This thread

urko95

May 7, 2010
I flashed armel+maguro and phablet zips via TWRP and after google logo i just get black screen for 5 minutes. So I restored my XenonHD ROM back. Any sloution yo boot up ubuntu?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I done factory reset, dalvik and cash. Installed, booted and wait for more than 10 minutes. Still nothing, just black screen. And now TWRP couldn't find my restore files... :(

Only make a Factory Reset, don't wipe anything more, only make a factory reset. I have the same problem, I wipe all partitions and didn't work

pompatello

Jan 29, 2011
How long does it take for first boot? I done factory reset and I'm waiting for 5 minutes till now but nothing happening. Just black :(

It didn't take me that long tbh: after nandroid backup I just did factory reset (on TWRP), no cache/dalvik wipes, and after flashing it took maybe 2-3 minutes of black screen before it booted up.

I love it. I had put it on and done a backup so I can put it back on to show it off.

Have you tried restoring the backup you made? does it work? I don't remember where I read it might not restore it properly..

urko95

May 7, 2010

joaonds

Nov 6, 2010
Sao Paulo
Please:

I have CWM Touch, not TWRP. Can I install it?

After installation, if I need to return to Android, is the same process? (I use a CWM and flash my zip ROM)?

Or i lost my CWM after install ubuntu?

Thanks for help.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Please:

I have CWM Touch, not TWRP. Can I install it?

After installation, if I need to return to Android, is the same process? (I use a CWM and flash my zip ROM)?

Or i lost my CWM after install ubuntu?

Thanks for help.

It doesn't really matter what recovery you are using if the recovery isn't old or any alpha..
I use touch CWM (latest version).
CWM stays, if it disappears for some reason you can easily flash recovery back.
Returning to android I wiped cache and dalvik cache and then I flashed My ROM back...

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

It's like spamming when you post that link many times to the Ubuntu threads.. -_-

Last edited:
Reactions: Menelkir and urko95

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
So the quantal-preinstalled-armel+maguro.zip is CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1)
What I am going to do:
Update it to CM10.1 latest Nghtly (JB 4.2.2)
Delete videos and pictures to free more than 100Mb size, which may speed up Ubuntu.

and if all works then I would like to try AK kernel with it..

Somewhere I saw once Ubuntu SDK apps e.g. calculator, is there any way to get those SDK apps pulled from SDK and to put them to the Ubuntu touch preview image?

(I'm Bored) :D

urko95

May 7, 2010
So the quantal-preinstalled-armel+maguro.zip is CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1)
What I am going to do:
Update it to CM10.1 latest Nghtly (JB 4.2.2)
Delete videos and pictures to free more than 100Mb size, which may speed up Ubuntu.

and if all works then I would like to try AK kernel with it..

Somewhere I saw once Ubuntu SDK apps e.g. calculator, is there any way to get those SDK apps pulled from SDK and to put them to the Ubuntu touch preview image?

(I'm Bored) :D

I have made a modified version of phatblet zip without all videos, photos a messages in the 3rd post of my thread in Galaxy Nexus Developer Discussion [Developers Only]

Reactions: eng.stk

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
I have made a modified version of phatblet zip without all videos, photos a messages in the 3rd post of my thread in Galaxy Nexus Developer Discussion [Developers Only]

:)

I have done it, with some modifications on the lockscreen, to show also Michael Jackson's BAD "Deluxe Edition" Album, it's nice that Ubuntu developer(s) have added also Scooter's album to Ubuntu! :D

Now I just have to modify initramfs, add CM10.1 JB 4.2.2 kernel, add some files to /systen/bin/ and to /system/lib/

hopefully it works well.. :D

EDIT: I accidentally put wrong ROM files but at least it booted but it didn't boot to Ubuntu OS, I try again to flash different files, maybe them works, if not then it will end to boot loop, I have too small screen on my Ubuntu computer to do those things.. -.-

Last edited:
Reactions: eng.stk

jimmyco2008

Dec 12, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
For those who don't know if Ubuntu will boot or not from the black screen, I've found that if the black screen is lit, it's trying to boot... If the phone is just off (not lit), you did something wrong.

Don't be afraid of the dark!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mcinty25

Jan 5, 2013
just pushed it, still kind of buggy, or im not as proficient at linux as i supposed. settings buttons didnt work, gestures dont work with any case that sits higher than the screen, messaging layout is kind of ****ty, keyboard is terrible. Again im not complaining it is so flippin cool to have ubuntu on the phone, but im going to wait till smarter people figure out how to fix/change/use everything!

edit didnt know it was a preview! guess that explains all those tweets i never recieved

Last edited:

chinabull

Aug 10, 2009
ottawa
www.zibotronix.com
Yes, agreed. Played with os for a few hours on my galaxy nexus and revert back to Android again because you basically can not use it for everyday usage.
Phone works on voice call and SMS. But they pre stuffed some SMS threads and contacts that you can not delete.
Gestures are good but it doesn't always work.
Performance is very poor, too.

Personally I wouldn't even release this to public if I were Ubuntu.

Sent from my RM-878_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: retskrad
N

nono68200

Play with Ubuntu Phone since 21st February, 17PM (for me)!

My game is running on UP but video with PC to really see! ubuntuone.com/19spm7LxUGYOgcQmA16sts ;)
And on UP : ubuntuone.com/0fTDD0TEVvCzWjq8hkxc2k

rockr4Christ

Dec 25, 2009
"Personally I wouldn't even release this to public if I were Ubuntu."

Hence, why it was a developer preview, not a release, and certainly not a release to the public.

-trev

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Why are people whining like little girls that its only a preview release? Its not done yet! This is for developers to develop software, not for people to play with as a toy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: madquack

retskrad

Oct 7, 2010
Why are people whining like little girls that its only a preview release? Its not done yet! This is for developers to develop software, not for people to play with as a toy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Blame it on Cannoncial. I still have a bad taste in my mouth after trying what they released. They should have done a bit more then release it. Fix the smoothness and performance issues. We downloaded a 400 MB file, but you can't do **** on it.

Last edited:

mcinty25

Jan 5, 2013
yeah i never denied im a f'n idiot!
my friend posted the link on my fb. so i flashed it and didnt really research it much(because im so f'n smart).

for a preview its really awesome!

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Blame it on Cannoncial. I still have a bad taste in my mouth after trying what they released. They should have done a bit more then release it. Fix the smoothness and performance issues. We downloaded a 400 MB file, but you can't do **** on it.

Blame them???????? For releasing DEVELOPER preview????? It's not supposed to be smooth yet. It's not for you obviously unless you are a rev.

madquack

May 12, 2010
Seems this is far too complex for the idiots on this forum to understand. It's a free PREVIEW, fellas. Not the final product. I can do nothing but shake my head.

What he said.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for all Ubuntu Touch OS galaxy nexus information. All discussions/questions/suggestions/guides/updates etc go here, all others created will be (or are in the process of being) closed and/or deleted.

Regards,

Jonny
    When Ubuntu officially(final) released for gnx?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

You're so special that they've been waiting for you to ask before they'd post it.
    If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Now they have to put up with all this whining and trash talking.

Are you a developer?

If no, then why are you whining? It was NEVER intended to be made for you.

If yes, then what more do you need to make apps and familiarize yourself with the OS? I really doubt you'd need a calculator for developing apps.

Now do you understand? It's actually an amazing DEVELOPERS PREVIEW. It was never a beta and it was never stated it was a beta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but there are now daily builds being released for Ubuntu Touch for Galaxy Nexus.

Go here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/

Then click on the 20130226 folder and you'll find bleeding edge nightlies (similar to how they're doing it with the Nexus 7 Ubuntu desktop build)..I assume it will be regularly updated every day or almost every day (albeit without any discernable changelogs)

I installed the Feb 26 build and performance is much better than the initial build, and more "apps" are available (like amazon ubuntu one, which are really glorified links to the web sites)

Edit: This OS is so beautiful and smooth, it makes Android look awkward in comparison.
    If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Now they have to put up with all this whining and trash talking.

Notice it says Ubuntu DEVELOPER preview? Leave it to the pros. If people think it'll suffice as a daily driver, 100% functionality, they're in for a rude awakening. This forum has turned into nothing but a bunch of self-righteous, spoon fed, whiny, impatient brats. I want, what I want, and I want it NOW!

http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile/