No need to unroot to install OTAs.

Beamed from my Grouper.
28th October 2012, 12:58 AM |#12  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zAlbee

That sounds like a terrible decision on the app maker's part. Imagine if Outlook checked that you had Administrator rights on Windows and then refused to run. I wonder if you temp unroot with voodoo root keeper, etc, would that work?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

It's actually a setting that is enabled by the Administrator of the GOOD server, not a default setting designed by application maker.

Your analogy about Outlook checking for Administrator rights is not too far fetched. I've seen many deployments in the industry where employees do not have administrative rights to the pc/laptops/machines that their company gives them to use. The last thing you want is an employee accidentally installing something malicious that affects everyone on the network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil76

I have been using good on my rooted devices for about an yr (galaxy s and gnex) without any issue. Probably its not enforced by my sys administrator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Yea, it's a setting that your system administrator must enable, I just confirmed it with my IT Support team.
The Following User Says Thank You to MegaMan X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MegaMan X Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 02:03 AM |#13  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMan X

Yea, it's a setting that your system administrator must enable, I just confirmed it with my IT Support team.

I must thank my IT support for allowing this I can't imagine using my phone without root access.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
28th October 2012, 04:37 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 19

More
i get the best battery life with the ota stock 4.0 rom, i unrooted my phone to get the 4.0.4 update then i rooted it again, now every rom or kernel combo doesnt compare to the battery life. so i was going to try and do the same with the 4.1 ota update.
12th December 2012, 07:32 PM |#15  
Flag noneya
Thanks Meter: 755

More
Where there is a will, there is a way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35263292
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)