Unroot App?

Search This thread

fk.gregor

Feb 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Is there an application in the play store that will allow a user to unroot their gnex(vzw) device? I currently don't have access to a computer..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

vince7

May 20, 2012
Why would you want to unroot? How did you root in the first place?

MegaMan X

Apr 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Why would you want to unroot? How did you root in the first place?

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to unroot. My company is forced to used the "Good for Enterprise" email application which checks for root, busybox, and test keys inside the build.prop everytime you access the application.

It's the only email application for Android that allows remote device wipes, locks email, and encrypts/decrypts data. I would wager that most companies now support either a BB BES server or a GOOD server for their iOS/Android counterparts.

zAlbee

May 6, 2012
Toronto
zalbee.intricus.net
That sounds like a terrible decision on the app maker's part. Imagine if Outlook checked that you had Administrator rights on Windows and then refused to run. I wonder if you temp unroot with voodoo root keeper, etc, would that work?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore
That sounds like a terrible decision on the app maker's part. Imagine if Outlook checked that you had Administrator rights on Windows and then refused to run. I wonder if you temp unroot with voodoo root keeper, etc, would that work?

That app checks for busybox, would have to uninstall it too, and most likely many apps will break.

Will the next nexus have a longer screen?

anil76

Feb 18, 2012
Delhi
I have been using good on my rooted devices for about an yr (galaxy s and gnex) without any issue. Probably its not enforced by my sys administrator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

MegaMan X

Apr 24, 2011
Los Angeles

It's actually a setting that is enabled by the Administrator of the GOOD server, not a default setting designed by application maker.

Your analogy about Outlook checking for Administrator rights is not too far fetched. I've seen many deployments in the industry where employees do not have administrative rights to the pc/laptops/machines that their company gives them to use. The last thing you want is an employee accidentally installing something malicious that affects everyone on the network.

I have been using good on my rooted devices for about an yr (galaxy s and gnex) without any issue. Probably its not enforced by my sys administrator.

Yea, it's a setting that your system administrator must enable, I just confirmed it with my IT Support team.

Reactions: anil76

fk.gregor

Feb 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
i get the best battery life with the ota stock 4.0 rom, i unrooted my phone to get the 4.0.4 update then i rooted it again, now every rom or kernel combo doesnt compare to the battery life. so i was going to try and do the same with the 4.1 ota update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's actually a setting that is enabled by the Administrator of the GOOD server, not a default setting designed by application maker.

Your analogy about Outlook checking for Administrator rights is not too far fetched. I've seen many deployments in the industry where employees do not have administrative rights to the pc/laptops/machines that their company gives them to use. The last thing you want is an employee accidentally installing something malicious that affects everyone on the network.

Yea, it's a setting that your system administrator must enable, I just confirmed it with my IT Support team.