FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[update]Google wallet officially available for att. Workaround for T-Mobile inside!

528 posts
Thanks Meter: 51
 
By predation, Senior Member on 3rd February 2012, 03:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2012, 04:42 PM |#21  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,595
 
More
Turn on airplane mode, then wifi.
Visit market and install.


That worked for me.
 
 
3rd February 2012, 04:52 PM |#22  
mobilehavoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKoRTy

I have done that, and it took me to the market app, within which it still gave me a carrier notice.

I get the same thing, I just sideloaded the app in the end. I think it might be when we activated the phone initially whether we had T-Mobile SIM in. Even in airplane mode and wifi it doesn't work.
3rd February 2012, 04:55 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj

Just go to the dev section and sideload the apk...

I did. I sideloaded the apk and when I start the app it says:

NOT SUPPORTED
Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.

I'm in the US, have T-Mobile and I'm using a Galaxy Nexus GSM version 4.0.2 build number ICL53F.I9250XWKL2

Any help would greatly appreciated...
3rd February 2012, 05:01 PM |#24  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,595
 
More
It won't work on any build that is listed as anything other than yakju or mysid in the build.prop.
3rd February 2012, 05:02 PM |#25  
mobilehavoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryvand

I did. I sideloaded the apk and when I start the app it says:

NOT SUPPORTED
Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.

I'm in the US, have T-Mobile and I'm using a Galaxy Nexus GSM version 4.0.2 build number ICL53F.I9250XWKL2

Any help would greatly appreciated...

Try this. Turn off phone, take out your T-Mobile SIM. Start up with just WiFi. Now try launching Google Wallet.
3rd February 2012, 05:02 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATnTdude

Did you have the leaked apk on your phone? Install that and try again.

Yes I did. It still does not work. I get "this item isn't available by your carrier".

Neither the sideloaded app works or the app from the market (which the market one I can't even download/update or do anything with).

Heeeelp.....
3rd February 2012, 05:07 PM |#27  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,595
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryvand

Yes I did. It still does not work. I get "this item isn't available by your carrier".

Neither the sideloaded app works or the app from the market (which the market one I can't even download/update or do anything with).

Heeeelp.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

It won't work on any build that is listed as anything other than yakju or mysid in the build.prop.


*Ahem* ^^^
3rd February 2012, 05:09 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Got this working on my VZW Nexus. Pretty cool.
3rd February 2012, 05:15 PM |#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc

Try this. Turn off phone, take out your T-Mobile SIM. Start up with just WiFi. Now try launching Google Wallet.

I just did. Same message with NO SIM and wifi only. I turned on airplane mode and then wifi to make sure only wifi was on, and still same message.
3rd February 2012, 05:18 PM |#30  
mobilehavoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryvand

I just did. Same message with NO SIM and wifi only. I turned on airplane mode and then wifi to make sure only wifi was on, and still same message.

Weird...I wonder if they're locking the phone out based on something else. I have Google Wallet working from the older leaked apk and I just sideloaded the apk from XDA over it - updated fine. It's working fine. I hope it doesn't stop working, that would suck.

Only other thing I can think of is try an ATT SIM.
3rd February 2012, 05:21 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Would somebody who is using Wallet with TMobile and the Galaxy Nexus, please tell us how you did it and what version of hardware and software of the Galaxy nexus you are using.

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes