Still No Update for my Nexus (stucked to 4.02)

Search This thread

sidus86

Aug 26, 2009
Hi,
I am a proudly possessor of a Galaxy nexus.. I have a stock ROM 4.02 and I haven't my update to 4.04 yet.
I tried to force the OTA update killing the process (Framework) but still nothing.
I not want to flash another ROM loosing my data.

Thank you all in advance.

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
You know there are apps out there to back up and restore all of your data. Also I know I saw the update for you to manually download it from Droid life. Just Google that and I think it told you on the sitehow to do it with out bring rooted and not losing your data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
Updates are rolled out in BATCHES. Not everyone receives the update AT THE SAME TIME.

A few thousand one week, a few thousand the next.

My friend is still on 4.0.2 and his is supposed to be updated FIRST.

Just wait.

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
Flashing is fun!

Hi,
I am a proudly possessor of a Galaxy nexus.. I have a stock ROM 4.02 and I haven't my update to 4.04 yet.
I tried to force the OTA update killing the process (Framework) but still nothing.
I not want to flash another ROM loosing my data.

Thank you all in advance.

Install "Android System Info" app from market and see in System > BuildInfoOS > Product, if your product is "yakju", then it's a matter of time till you receive OTA update notification. But if the product code is other than "yakju" (e.g yakjujp, yakjuxw, etc.), then you might need to wait longer to get OTA update.

Though you can always convert your product to "yakju" from any other build if you want. But keep in mind that this process will wipe your data. So make a backup before you dive into that.

If you change your mind and wanna flash to "yakju", the following thread might help you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895