Verizon "Certified Like New"

Search This thread

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
i am very pleased with the replacement i have right now. and it looks to me the hardware is much newer. this is the first replacement since launch day. the old one has this branding at the back "11.11" the new one has "11.12"

and also typing *#*#786#*#* gave me this info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-13-16-50-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-13-16-50-03.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 525
Reactions: dimsdale

nfrederick

Aug 21, 2010
OKC, OK
Phone is too new still for them to have lots of refurb's, I have gotten around 5 GNEX's and they all were basically brand new.

dimsdale

Dec 19, 2011
"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate? :)

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate? :)

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.

Well with the nexus s, its Samsung who refurbished the phones and changed the status. So my guess would be those are legit brand new units.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
another proof is when i activated my google wallet, i got $10 again. so means this phone is totally unused.

mad_vtak

Aug 16, 2007
Memfrica
Sorry to bump a dead thread but m gf just got her Galaxy Nexus for VZW through amazon and she said it game in a reg white box that just said verizon and nothing else.

The code mentioned in the first thread doesnt seem to work on her or even mine (GSM model running CM9)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am very pleased with the replacement i have right now. and it looks to me the hardware is much newer. this is the first replacement since launch day. the old one has this branding at the back "11.11" the new one has "11.12"

and also typing *#*#786#*#* gave me this info