FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Volume down/mute

395 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By rakh1, Senior Member on 18th November 2011, 10:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Got it this afternoon... Noticed that the volume keeps turning full down to mute with no input from me...

Faulty phone or a software issue? Anyone else seen this?

R

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

18th November 2011, 11:01 PM |#2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakh1

Got it this afternoon... Noticed that the volume keeps turning full down to mute with no input from me...

Faulty phone or a software issue? Anyone else seen this?

R

You're not alone. There's a few people begin to report they have the SAV-Ghost issue (self-adjusting volume) in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352545
Thyrus
18th November 2011, 11:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You are not alone. A handful of people commented on that at in the 24hr thread. I named it the SAV -ghost. (Self adjusting volume ghost)
18th November 2011, 11:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrus

You are not alone. A handful of people commented on that at in the 24hr thread. I named it the SAV -ghost. (Self adjusting volume ghost)

Surely it should be either self-adjusting-volume or volume-adjusting-ghost? It can't be SAV-ghost because if it's a ghost adjusting the volume then it's not self adjusting!
The Following User Says Thank You to HooloovooUK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HooloovooUK Ad-Free
Thyrus
18th November 2011, 11:11 PM |#5  

More
Lol you have a point there. Lol. Damn there goes my contribution to android -naming the first galaxy Nexus bug.. ah well I still call it sav-ghost :)
18th November 2011, 11:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6,802

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooloovooUK

Surely it should be either self-adjusting-volume or volume-adjusting-ghost? It can't be SAV-ghost because if it's a ghost adjusting the volume then it's not self adjusting!

It's a ghost he can convince the phone to adjust the volume by itself. Come on everybody knows that.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Thyrus
18th November 2011, 11:20 PM |#7  

More
Questions regarding this issue:

Does it only decrease volume?
Can you reproduce it?
how often does it occur?
Any apps you have installed that might interfere with volume in any way?
18th November 2011, 11:29 PM |#8  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 22

More
maybe this was the reason for all the delays, sounds like a software problem especially if they released the phone, can't be hardware if they knew of this issue
Thyrus
18th November 2011, 11:32 PM |#9  

More
Well too early to say I would need some info to narrow it down.. I don't think it is sw at the moment. I twittered some other experienced users and they're have not seen such on their device. So could be user app related (market apps) or hw batch issue.
19th November 2011, 12:44 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
As far as I can remember this was occurring when the phone was vanilla. Only ever adjustable down. Have fought it several times with up volume but it is like the down volume key is locked on. However, down volume key appears fine so I don't think this is mechanical.

R

19th November 2011, 12:49 AM |#11  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake

maybe this was the reason for all the delays, sounds like a software problem especially if they released the phone, can't be hardware if they knew of this issue

Did they officially release the phone ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)