[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2012, 09:27 PM |#1021  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thx
when will this toolkit update to surport ICS4.0.4 for GSM(IMM76D)
29th March 2012, 10:09 PM |#1022  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhensoso

thx
when will this toolkit update to surport ICS4.0.4 for GSM(IMM76D)

If you have 4.0.4 on your phone then set the Model Selection to 4.0.2 and try the root process. If the insecure boot image from 4.0.2 will boot the 4.0.4 update then it will root the phone without any problems.

If that works then I can add 4.0.4 to the Selection Screen and set the boot image accordingly. I need someone to test this process for me though as im still on my Custom Rom.

Mark.
29th March 2012, 10:16 PM |#1023  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaa

Mskip can i ask, is the camera mod still relivant in your mod tools for 4.0.4 as you prob know the camera has been improved such as focusing, so if i applied your cam mod would it all work together? I hope you understand what i am asking

EDIT.. relivant is the wrong word, i should say worth using on 4.0.4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I havent looked at the Media Profile from 4.0.4 so I dont know what (if any) changes have been made in the settings. If the bitrate is still low then the Mods will still give an improvement but I would have to check to make sure first.

I have been out most of the day so I havent had a chance to grab the update and check but I will do that tonight or tomorrow and update the ToolKit.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
29th March 2012, 10:22 PM |#1024  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Mark, I just tried it in the latest official 4.0.4 GSM and the rooting process works perfectly selecting 4.0.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to bazofia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bazofia Ad-Free
29th March 2012, 10:23 PM |#1025  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

I havent looked at the Media Profile from 4.0.4 so I dont know what (if any) changes have been made in the settings. If the bitrate is still low then the Mods will still give an improvement but I would have to check to make sure first.

I have been out most of the day so I havent had a chance to grab the update and check but I will do that tonight or tomorrow and update the ToolKit.

Mark.

Thanks, for your reply

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
29th March 2012, 10:35 PM |#1026  

More
Thanks, for your reply
seems work perfect!!!
29th March 2012, 10:35 PM |#1027  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Hi,
I'm on yakju 4.0.2, unlocked boot loader, rooted, but stock recovery.

Since this toolkit can install img directly, is it possible to not install CWM and apply the 4.0.4 Ota zip with this?

Any instructions would be nice since I'm new to android. Thanks. Really looking forward to the new update
29th March 2012, 10:36 PM |#1028  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazofia

Mark, I just tried it in the latest official 4.0.4 GSM and the rooting process works perfectly selecting 4.0.2.

Weird... Booting the insecure ICL53F image does not work on my 4.0.4 GSM GNex...

The Root Operation does not work...

EDIT : after a reboot, it went fine. Thanks!
29th March 2012, 11:05 PM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

If you have 4.0.4 on your phone then set the Model Selection to 4.0.2 and try the root process. If the insecure boot image from 4.0.2 will boot the 4.0.4 update then it will root the phone without any problems.

If that works then I can add 4.0.4 to the Selection Screen and set the boot image accordingly. I need someone to test this process for me though as im still on my Custom Rom.

Mark.

For me it works like a charme!
29th March 2012, 11:41 PM |#1030  

More
Quote:

Mark.

works perfectly.
30th March 2012, 12:05 AM |#1031  
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Im on 4.0.4 but it gets stuck on waiting for device....

im unlocked bootloader, yakju, in fastboot mode but the toolkit will not see my phone.... ive installed kies also for drivers...

EDIT: Total n00b mode, just went device manager upgraded drivers (Android 1.0) from the galaxy nexus toolkit drivers folder. Just used 4.0.2 GSM root process and it worked fine. Thanks a bunch OP!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)