[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2012, 05:05 AM |#1101  
New York
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Cool
I used an earlier version of your toolkit to go from yak(forgot) to yaku 4.2. I believe the OTA update will eventually get to me, but if you used your toolkit again to flash the stock 4.4:

- will google wallet be effected? I have $$ in it.
- will it be just an update or do I have to re-install all of my software?
31st March 2012, 07:14 AM |#1102  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Thanks Mark, instead, I used the option on here on the dev thread, to download the rom, and restore it, worked great, and then used the toolkit, to root. Am donating today, after Donating, how do I then get the extra mods, under toolkit? Am particularly looking for a similar mod to Jkay deluxe which gives me the option, to put my apps, on the drop down notification, any idea please.? Thanks.
31st March 2012, 08:37 AM |#1103  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
very good tools to flash my Nexus as a noob like me!
31st March 2012, 11:49 AM |#1104  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,156

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablonyc2

I used an earlier version of your toolkit to go from yak(forgot) to yaku 4.2. I believe the OTA update will eventually get to me, but if you used your toolkit again to flash the stock 4.4:

I dont know exactly how google wallet works but shouldnt be affected as the account and any monies will be restored after you flash.

If you flash the google stock rom via the toolkit then your phone will be wiped and you will lose all daa including virtual sd card. Yo ucan use option 2 in the ToolKit to backup all installed apps and associated userdata and also backup your sd card contents to your pc. You can then restore everything easily after the flash.

Mark.
31st March 2012, 12:15 PM |#1105  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hello,
i'm kinda stuck here, tried your toolkit, it does see my phone in adb and also fastboot, but when I tried to install 4.04 through it, it did not do anything, just came back to the menu screen when I hit y plus enter (i did everything by the book)
finally installed 4.04 manually through fastboot, but the default recovery gave error, just showed the android with the triangle and exclamation mark. installed recovery touch through your kit and went fine,
now i'm trying to get root, and no luck at all. your toolkit gives me the same treatment, press yes and enter at point 4 and comes back to default menu without any error on the screen. ( i have usb debug and unknown app selected, i'm trying from the fastboot menu)

also when I try to flash through recovery it gives me an error status 0. tried latest su.

did anyone encountered this?
31st March 2012, 12:20 PM |#1106  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il
Thanks Meter: 1,755

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablonyc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

I dont know exactly how google wallet works but shouldnt be affected as the account and any monies will be restored after you flash.

If you flash the google stock rom via the toolkit then your phone will be wiped and you will lose all daa including virtual sd card. Yo ucan use option 2 in the ToolKit to backup all installed apps and associated userdata and also backup your sd card contents to your pc. You can then restore everything easily after the flash.

Mark.

You will need a copy of google wallet and reinstall it afterwards.
Google wallet still isnt set to show up for 4.0.4 in the market.
So in the toolkit pick the backup feature *apps* first

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikescorei

hello,
i'm kinda stuck here, tried your toolkit, it does see my phone in adb and also fastboot, but when I tried to install 4.04 through it, it did not do anything, just came back to the menu screen when I hit y plus enter (i did everything by the book)
finally installed 4.04 manually through fastboot, but the default recovery gave error, just showed the android with the triangle and exclamation mark. installed recovery touch through your kit and went fine,
now i'm trying to get root, and no luck at all. your toolkit gives me the same treatment, press yes and enter at point 4 and comes back to default menu without any error on the screen. ( i have usb debug and unknown app selected, i'm trying from the fastboot menu)

also when I try to flash through recovery it gives me an error status 0. tried latest su.

did anyone encountered this?

you need too type out the word yes not just the letter y
31st March 2012, 12:32 PM |#1107  

More
hahaha ha what a lame mistake I just did!!! ) 10x a lot trying now
31st March 2012, 12:34 PM |#1108  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il

More
I wanted to flash the stock image 4.0.4 with root and CWM touch edition.
This app did it all for me in about 15 minutes, tops.

Thanks Mark
31st March 2012, 12:49 PM |#1109  

More
works like a charm
31st March 2012, 12:56 PM |#1110  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikescorei

works like a charm

Good to hear that
31st March 2012, 01:01 PM |#1111  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChung

So if I am now on Android 4.0.4 GSM, which option should I select at the first screen?

Are we suppose to guess what you would like to happen.....
You can pick from the multiple options in the menu, hence placing the phone in the proper mode, or you can just open up toolkit, let it sit there as you look at it and smile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)