[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2011, 07:13 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I just flashed ARHD 2.1.1 and wanted to update my bootloader and radio but my device is not recognized ( really don't know why cause i installed pdanet when my device wasn't recognized when i wanted to unlock the bootloader and then it was recognized and i unlocked the bootloader...didn't delete pdanet so i should be able to use it again )

What to do about this ?
18th December 2011, 07:44 PM |#122  
Flag Santa Ana, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Did you boot back into Android between flash cwm and attempting to load it?

If so then look at the FAQ in post#2 for your answer

MArk.

aaahhh that worked! thank you! i deleted the file and re-flashed cwm and backed it up and that did the trick! did a newb mistake.
18th December 2011, 11:55 PM |#123  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Is there anyone who is about to attempt these procedures on their phone (or who has just done them and doesnt mind going through them again) who can test a new msdos script I have just finished writing.

Basically it will automate the whole process, all you need to do is select which function you want to perform and it will carry it out for you. Bootloader (locking and unlocking), rooting, flashing cwm for gsm and lte devices, renaming the recovery-from-boot.p file that recovers the stock recovery are all covered.

Adb/fastboot driver setup is still required first but then everything else should be simple

Any takers please let me know here or pm me (windows only as I dont think it would work on linux or mac). I have thoroughly tested it on my phone but would like some feedback before I release it.

Thanks.

MArk.
19th December 2011, 12:03 AM |#124  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nex1685

hope you can help. flashed rom and baseband not there tried to install radio and it says it is installed but when it boots its not there.

What exactly do you mean by its not there?

If you boot into fastboot mode what does it say next to baseband version?

MArk.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
19th December 2011, 12:06 AM |#125  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Magic

I just flashed ARHD 2.1.1 and wanted to update my bootloader and radio but my device is not recognized ( really don't know why cause i installed pdanet when my device wasn't recognized when i wanted to unlock the bootloader and then it was recognized and i unlocked the bootloader...didn't delete pdanet so i should be able to use it again )

What to do about this ?

When you boot into fastboot mode and open a cmd prompt do you get anything from typing fastboot-windows devices?

In your device manager does the android device show up when you plug the usb cable in?

MArk.
19th December 2011, 01:05 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Any ideas why I keep losing root? It's a Verizon GNex, and everything works fine until about an hour after I root. Yesterday I was working in a terminal as root when suddenly it said I didn't have permission to do whatever I was doing and when I exited the terminal and restarted it wouldn't log in as root. Today, I re-rooted and went to the mall. After a good hour of watching my daughter play, I checked that root still worked, walked over to get a drink, came back and sat down and root was no longer working.

CWM, superuser etc, are installed. Superuser logs when it allows root but the apps aren't really being given root permission.

When this happens, my wifi also starts showing signal strength too low to connect when I'm standing next to the router. Root survives multiple reboots but just stops working for no reason after an hour or two. I'm not getting any OTA notification or anything, it just stops being rooted out of the blue.

Any ideas?
19th December 2011, 02:04 AM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

When you boot into fastboot mode and open a cmd prompt do you get anything from typing fastboot-windows devices?

In your device manager does the android device show up when you plug the usb cable in?

MArk.

When i open a cmd the normal way it would't find my device but when i went to the sdk tool map and with the shift + right click open cmd i was able to flash the bootloader so everything is good now ( tomorrow i'm going to try to find out why i can't find my device the normal way.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
19th December 2011, 02:20 AM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:

Is there anyone who is about to attempt these procedures on their phone (or who has just done them and doesnt mind going through them again) who can test a new msdos script I have just finished writing.

Basically it will automate the whole process, all you need to do is select which function you want to perform and it will carry it out for you. Bootloader (locking and unlocking), rooting, flashing cwm for gsm and lte devices, renaming the recovery-from-boot.p file that recovers the stock recovery are all covered.

Adb/fastboot driver setup is still required first but then everything else should be simple

Any takers please let me know here or pm me (windows only as I dont think it would work on linux or mac). I have thoroughly tested it on my phone but would like some feedback before I release it.

Thanks.

MArk.

Mark,

I'm going to try and root when I get home around 2300est.. I can try your new method.. I've rooted all 5 of my android phones but they've all been essentially one click roots so I don't have adb setup but I think I can figure it out... let me know

EDIT:

Sorry, I got the itch to root this thing and hadn't heard from you yet so I just learned how to do it the manual way (which was stupid easy)..
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
19th December 2011, 08:00 AM |#129  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell730

Mark,

I'm going to try and root when I get home around 2300est.. I can try your new method.. I've rooted all 5 of my android phones but they've all been essentially one click roots so I don't have adb setup but I think I can figure it out... let me know

EDIT:

Sorry, I got the itch to root this thing and hadn't heard from you yet so I just learned how to do it the manual way (which was stupid easy)..

Just sent you a pm lol but ohh well I will release it on here and see how it goes

Thanks anyway for the offer.

Mark.
19th December 2011, 08:44 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Now I feel like an ass! Lol..sorry.. I don't have much patience

19th December 2011, 03:45 PM |#131  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

What exactly do you mean by its not there?

If you boot into fastboot mode what does it say next to baseband version?

MArk.

i was flashing lte version my mistake my phone is gsm. i thought my phone was lte.
sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)