[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2012, 09:05 AM |#1501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm new to such tool-kits and I wish to switch to yakju image and I'm currently on yakjudv. Does the tool-kit root the device to switch to yakju image? Is it possible to go back to the original image I currently have if I change to yakju? Sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks in advance.
10th May 2012, 01:31 PM |#1502  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job21

maybe to quick to ask for
but will we see chance of having the deodex tool in this package as well?

I dont see too much benefit in having a deodex option in the ToolKit as there is a great script already (dsixda's Android Kitchen) that allows you to deodex files.

It seems more of a kitchen tool and would need a whole set of other tools to go with it.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
10th May 2012, 01:55 PM |#1503  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadof3

I'm new to such tool-kits and I wish to switch to yakju image and I'm currently on yakjudv. Does the tool-kit root the device to switch to yakju image? Is it possible to go back to the original image I currently have if I change to yakju? Sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to be able to get back to your original system then you will need to unlock the bootloader, reboot to android (IMPORTANT STEP), reboot to fastboot, flash or boot to cwm or twrp recovery and make a backup of your system. This will create a folder on your virtual storage card which you can then use to restore your backup at a later date to exactly how it was when you backed it up. IF you are planning on flashing a stock image make sure to copy the file to your pc first as the stock image flash will wipe your virtual storage and delete your backup.

To switch to a yakju image all you have to do is select option 8 (assuming you have already unlocked the bootloader, download the required image with option 1 and then flash it with option 2. You can then change your model in the Model Selection Screen and root the rom. Job done.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
10th May 2012, 01:57 PM |#1504  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Bucker

Thanks for the info on the bootloader, will just leave it unlocked.

I think I missed the bit about the single file not restoring media files perfectly! At least I know for sure now and I had another back up of the pics anyway.

Its in the information section at the top of the Backup/Restore Menu Page

Mark.
10th May 2012, 03:17 PM |#1505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

If you want to be able to get back to your original system then you will need to unlock the bootloader, reboot to android (IMPORTANT STEP), reboot to fastboot, flash or boot to cwm or twrp recovery and make a backup of your system. This will create a folder on your virtual storage card which you can then use to restore your backup at a later date to exactly how it was when you backed it up. IF you are planning on flashing a stock image make sure to copy the file to your pc first as the stock image flash will wipe your virtual storage and delete your backup.

To switch to a yakju image all you have to do is select option 8 (assuming you have already unlocked the bootloader, download the required image with option 1 and then flash it with option 2. You can then change your model in the Model Selection Screen and root the rom. Job done.

Mark.

Thanks Mark for the quick reply. So if I understood correctly, after the booting sequence , I can select option 9 which will create a backup of my system. Then after the copying the backup all I need to do is following the steps for option 8 and restore my phone. And with this method I will receive and OTA updates released for yakju. Am I missing something?

tornadof3
11th May 2012, 12:18 AM |#1506  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadof3

Thanks Mark for the quick reply. So if I understood correctly, after the booting sequence , I can select option 9 which will create a backup of my system. Then after the copying the backup all I need to do is following the steps for option 8 and restore my phone. And with this method I will receive and OTA updates released for yakju. Am I missing something?

tornadof3

Correct

Mark.
11th May 2012, 07:15 AM |#1507  

More

Correct

Mark.

I have an issue when using option 8 and flashing the stock build 4.0.4 (option 6 in the first menu) the process got stuck on writing radio (screen shot attached). I was previously on build ITL41F.I9250TDVKKB). Waited for about 15minutes still remained the same and then I restarted the bootloader and then some error was dumped and the flash continued accordingly. When android system started, the wizard crashed. I switched the phone to fastboot and flashed the backup image I took before flashing the 4.0.4 stock build. Any idea what might be the problem? I also noted that the device is getting quite hot while connected to the pc via usb, is this something normal?

Thanks,
tornadof3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1053964  
11th May 2012, 02:14 PM |#1508  
Thanks Meter: 3,289

More
Mark I read that if you re lock your bootloader it will say relocked instead of locked can you confirm if this is true and if so will it cause warranty issues thanks.
PS your toolkit is awesome :thumbup:

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}
11th May 2012, 04:36 PM |#1509  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman860

Mark I read that if you re lock your bootloader it will say relocked instead of locked can you confirm if this is true and if so will it cause warranty issues thanks.
PS your toolkit is awesome :thumbup:

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}

Thank you im still trying to improve and add to it as much as I can but im running out of things to do lol.

I can confirm (as I just did it) that if you relock the bootloader it will say:

LOCK STATE - LOCKED

I have done this procedure literally a hundred times now and it has never said relocked..

Where did you read that info?

Mark.
11th May 2012, 04:46 PM |#1510  

More
Edit

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}
11th May 2012, 04:50 PM |#1511  

More
Quote:

Thank you im still trying to improve and add to it as much as I can but im running out of things to do lol.

I can confirm (as I just did it) that if you relock the bootloader it will say:

LOCK STATE - LOCKED

I have done this procedure literally a hundred times now and it has never said relocked..

Where did you read that info?

Mark.

I read it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25828168 I didn't really believe it but I new you would know

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)