[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156
 
By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2013, 10:50 AM |#4011  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Don't focus on free being better, it's an insult to the Dev. How would you feel if your employer suggested you would be more liked if you worked for free?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary.M For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gary.M Ad-Free
8th September 2013, 12:50 PM |#4012  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.M

Don't focus on free being better, it's an insult to the Dev. How would you feel if your employer suggested you would be more liked if you worked for free?

Paid is not always better either , i have donate version of this toolkit an still have the same opinion.
8th September 2013, 01:05 PM |#4013  
sasuketobi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Where to download 11.3 version? OP has 11.1 and so does skipsoft.net

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
8th September 2013, 03:47 PM |#4014  
GamaX320's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuketobi

Where to download 11.3 version? OP has 11.1 and so does skipsoft.net

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

11.3 is donate version, u need to donate to get the update
9th September 2013, 06:52 PM |#4015  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
i have updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2. I did backup all apps and virtual sd card and then restore them back after the upgrade. However, all the SMS messages are gone. How do I restore those? Darn it...I thought I had everything covered. Please help....

ok..looks like I am fxxked. Found in this thread further that mention toolkit doesn't backup the SMS messages. Oh well...I am gonna be dead by tomorrow when my wife wake-up and found all here SMS gone... RIP to me....
9th September 2013, 07:21 PM |#4016  
Kustaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mendoza
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubin

i have updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2. I did backup all apps and virtual sd card and then restore them back after the upgrade. However, all the SMS messages are gone. How do I restore those? Darn it...I thought I had everything covered. Please help....

ok..looks like I am fxxked. Found in this thread further that mention toolkit doesn't backup the SMS messages. Oh well...I am gonna be dead by tomorrow when my wife wake-up and found all here SMS gone... RIP to me....

I was going to tell you not to worry about it...sms...not big deal, until you said it's your wife's nexus. Well, you're probably dead by now lol

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2
9th September 2013, 07:51 PM |#4017  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubin

i have updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2. I did backup all apps and virtual sd card and then restore them back after the upgrade. However, all the SMS messages are gone. How do I restore those? Darn it...I thought I had everything covered. Please help....

ok..looks like I am fxxked. Found in this thread further that mention toolkit doesn't backup the SMS messages. Oh well...I am gonna be dead by tomorrow when my wife wake-up and found all here SMS gone... RIP to me....

Happened to me also. I'm using
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggles.smssync
since that 'incident' ^^

Hope you can smooth it over quickly with your wife.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
10th September 2013, 06:30 AM |#4018  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustaa

I was going to tell you not to worry about it...sms...not big deal, until you said it's your wife's nexus. Well, you're probably dead by now lol

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

yes..i am deader than dead now. Cause the problems is deeper than just the SMS. Now she complained all her photos gone and all her downloads gone (important documents).

I am sure photos are still there cause I did check the virtual sdcard and I can see the photos in DCIM folder. So that I am not worry. Now I need to put those photos back into the gallery. How do I do that?

Also, are the downloads backuped as well? If yes.. how do I restore them back to accessable by the phone??

Oh man..usually I backup restore using titanium backup. It can handle all the system backups. but I need to use galaxy nexus toolkit to backup because this phone does not have sdcard to store the backup. I felt like a total noob now.
10th September 2013, 10:18 PM |#4019  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubin

yes..i am deader than dead now. Cause the problems is deeper than just the SMS. Now she complained all her photos gone and all her downloads gone (important documents).

I am sure photos are still there cause I did check the virtual sdcard and I can see the photos in DCIM folder. So that I am not worry. Now I need to put those photos back into the gallery. How do I do that?

Also, are the downloads backuped as well? If yes.. how do I restore them back to accessable by the phone??

Oh man..usually I backup restore using titanium backup. It can handle all the system backups. but I need to use galaxy nexus toolkit to backup because this phone does not have sdcard to store the backup. I felt like a total noob now.

Titanium works fine on gnex, and for future reference, can back up SMS and call log. Not sure about downloads, though the files will still be there in /sdcard/Downloads unless you wiped the SD (which you haven't if you can still see photos on dcim).
Clear cache from gallery usually triggers a media scan, but if not, download trickster from play store as there's a function in there to trigger a scan. This can take ages, by the way.

sent from my brain using telepathy
The Following User Says Thank You to m.is.for.michael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m.is.for.michael Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 10:44 PM |#4020  
Senior Member
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.is.for.michael

Titanium works fine on gnex, and for future reference, can back up SMS and call log. Not sure about downloads, though the files will still be there in /sdcard/Downloads unless you wiped the SD (which you haven't if you can still see photos on dcim).
Clear cache from gallery usually triggers a media scan, but if not, download trickster from play store as there's a function in there to trigger a scan. This can take ages, by the way.

sent from my brain using telepathy


I've always used this to rescan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bero.sdrescan
12th September 2013, 11:35 PM |#4021  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Hi Mark,

Love this and the other versions of your toolkit. Best utility value out there.

I have the latest version of the Gnex kit and am having trouble backing up the phone with option #2.

I'm trying to get a nandroid backup and have used both option 4 & 5 on the next menu (CWM & TWRP) having changed to the proper respective recoveries with the same result.

I get to the menu for the choice of keeping or deleting the files from the device after the backup is complete.

It backs up boot and cache without problem but hangs on "1:[email protected] :/#" in all attempts with either recovery installed.

I'm running a 4.3 based rom call Purity and have had no issues with it so far. I doubt if this is a rom issue.

Have you had any reports of this problem since you've updated the toolkit?

Thanks,
Allen Polansky
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes