[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,156

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2014, 01:54 PM |#4091  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
This is probably the biggest update I have ever done as I had to update every supported device (19 and counting now) for the new Toolkit base.

Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 devices have been added to the UAT family and ALL devices have been updated to support the latest available builds and there is a new option for Pro users to root ANY build.

Loads of things have been tweaked, fine tuned or re-written to make them work better, I couldn’t possibly list everything that has been done on this version but I have been working til about 4am every night for the last week to get it finished as soon as possible.

A large amount of the procedures rely on TWRP openrecoveryscript to automatically flash zip files and I have decided (for now) to stick with TWRP 2.7 as there seem to be problems with adb on 2.8. When I know this is fully fixed I will start updating all devices to the latest TWRP versions.

As usual EVERYTHING has detailed instructions included so if you aren’t sure what an option does then just select it and read. New options in the Backups section and Rooting section, and more options added to the rooting procedure including using SuperSU Beta if desired.

It would take me 2 months to check absolutely everything (build options, model file downloads, recovery download) so if anyone spots ANYTHING please let me know as soon as possible so it can be fixed.

I would advise Pro users to download the full version from the link below as it will take me a few days to create the AutoUpdate files for every device. Existing codes will of course still work and if you install to the same folder as it was in before then pro features should automatically be activated at startup.

Now this is out I will start working on adding the Galaxy Note4, Galaxy Tab S (both sizes) and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. These should be done and added within a week hopefully as im busy with family commitments over christmas so will only be able to work nights for a few weeks.

Download page: http://www.skipsoft.net/?wpdmpro=uni...toolkit-v1-3-3

Enjoy.

Mark.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
18th December 2014, 06:42 PM |#4092  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Donated, thank you for your work.
27th January 2015, 11:31 AM |#4093  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Nexus and Samsung Toolkits and supports Galaxy Nexus
DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

There seems to be an issue with the Module for the GNEX

Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b14.zip) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b12.zip (mistyped character)
/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b13.zip (mistyped character)
28th January 2015, 11:52 PM |#4094  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

There seems to be an issue with the Module for the GNEX

Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b14.zip) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b12.zip (mistyped character)
/download/toolkit/unifiedandroidtoolkit/devicefiles/devicefiles_GalaxyNexus_b13.zip (mistyped character)

Yes sorry I only just noticed this. Should work fine now as I uploaded the missing file.

Mark.
28th January 2015, 11:57 PM |#4095  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
TOOLKIT UPDATE
New functions added to the root section [new rooting options for root and unroot],
More text added to various sections,
Text added to the Factory Image Download/Flash section to help recovery from a bootloop/device not booting properly,
Fixed apps backup routine not starting when selected,
Fixed the unroot zip file and added stock recovery to the routine to make the device fully compatible with OTA updates,
OTA Updates can be sideloaded via stock recovery using the Toolkit (unroot first though),
Toolkit always updates to latest SuperSU version from Chainfire.

I will push AutoUpdates for all Nexus devices within the next few days to make it easier to update but for users without the Pro Version (I urge you to donate if you use it/like my work as I won't be able to keep it going much longer without your support) you can do the following:
In the Tools folder delete the tkmainGalaxyNexus.exe file (this will trigger new device files to be downloaded at startup)
Download the updated unroot zip file from http://skipsoft.net/download/fileupd...CwmManager.zip and move it to the root folder (overwriting the original)
Start the Toolkit, select your device and enjoy.

I am currently working on adding a OnePlus One Toolkit device module. Once that is finished I will build a new Toolkit and you will be notified on startup that a new version is ready to download directly via the Toolkit (if using UAT base 1.3.3 or later).

If anything doesn't work properly please let me know in the thread or at [email protected] so it can be fixed. I do test as much as I can on most devices but i'm not perfect

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
29th January 2015, 01:02 AM |#4096  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Wink
Quote:

Yes sorry I only just noticed this. Should work fine now as I uploaded the missing file.

Mark.

Great.

Thanks a lot for your work, Mark
16th February 2015, 10:29 PM |#4097  
Flag Chignolo d'Isola
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

TOOLKIT UPDATE
If anything doesn't work properly please let me know in the thread or at [email protected] so it can be fixed. I do test as much as I can on most devices but i'm not perfect

Mark.

Hi Mark I've got one problem with your beautiful software on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit machine. When the tool arrives in the Flashing System Image it stucks and the procedure doesn't come to an end... I'm not able to flash any rom.

Code:
Flashing System Image..

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.007s]
sending 'system' (474180 KB)...
OKAY [ 47.158s]
writing 'system'...
Where's the problem?
18th February 2015, 10:10 AM |#4098  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Hi Mark I've got one problem with your beautiful software on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit machine. When the tool arrives in the Flashing System Image it stucks and the procedure doesn't come to an end... I'm not able to flash any rom.

Code:
Flashing System Image..

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.007s]
sending 'system' (474180 KB)...
OKAY [ 47.158s]
writing 'system'...
Where's the problem?

Do the other images flash before it gets to the system image?

What is your devices model number and which rom are you trying to flash?

Mark.
18th February 2015, 10:43 AM |#4099  
Flag Chignolo d'Isola
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Do the other images flash before it gets to the system image?
What is your devices model number and which rom are you trying to flash?

Mark.

Few days ago my Galaxy Nexus (Maguro GT-I9250) started to do bootloop. My current, not working ROM, is the CyanogenMod 10.2. I'll try with your tool to restore my maguro to stock with several roms, and all roms have the same problem. The last rom I tried was the 4.1.2 (JZO54K) yaiku version. Other information on my device:
  • bootloader version: PRIMELC03
  • baseband version: I9250XXLF1
  • lock state: UNLOCKED

I'll try also with Odin but it stuck in the same point, it seems that i'm not able to write anything.
6th October 2015, 07:41 PM |#4100  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
UAT 1.4.1 RELEASED AND AUTOUPDATE and PUBLIC VERSIONS UPDATED

Changelog for device module:
+Added more stability to certain routines [root, flashing]
+Added file checker after device selection to check needed files are up to date
+Updated UniversalAdbInstaller for Windows 10 compatability
+Added new upcoming devices to device selection screen
+Added driver installation option at startup for new installs

Changelog for UAT 1.4.1:
+Added new upcoming devices to device selection screen
+Main files now signed with Digital Certificate to ensure files are original and safe
+Added file checker after device selection to check needed files are up to date
+Updated UniversalAdbInstaller for Windows 10 compatability
+Added driver installation option at startup for new installs
+Updated ToolKitClean.exe to allow users to update the main ToolKit.exe file to latest available version without having to download/install the whole ToolKit again (like when a new device is added or files/drivers updated)
+Improvements and minor bug fixes
+Installer now give option for Fresh Install (removes any existing device files) or Upgrade (to just update base files)

The AutoUpdate for pro users has all the above included (update via the toolkit).
You can also download the Unified Android Toolkit 1.4.1 from http://www.skipsoft.net/?p=1660. You can select Fresh Install to delete all device modules and related files (recovery, root) so when you select your device at startup it will download the latest module with all the above included. If you have several device modules downloaded (e.g. for samsung and nexus) then you can select 'upgrade' when installing the toolkit, then run ToolKitClean.exe to delete just the modules you want to update.

Enjoy, Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
25th April 2016, 02:22 PM |#4101  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
AUTOUPDATE AVAILABLE FOR GALAXY NEXUS DEVICE MODULE [V13.2.1] 22ND APR 2016 [PRO ONLY]

These are available for PRO users. I will try to update the Public (free) modules next week if I can as I now have to work on adding the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Note 5 to the Toolkit. I can then continue updating the Samsung device modules for the latest support.

Changelog:
+Added option to keep existing recovery when flashing stock image to device
+Various minor adjustments/improvements to procedures

If you want to donate to a device project please do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)