FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Device Manager problems...

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By stianjaco, Member on 8th August 2013, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to use the Android Device Manager, but I only get one device and no options to change..

I have an Samsung Galaxy Nexus with android 4.3 (JWR66V)

Could this have anything to do with me trying to root my device (Nexus Root Toolkit)?
I tried to root, but even though I got a message that my device was rooted, It's still un-rooted (But with unlocked bootloader)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde2.JPG
Views:	751
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	2173727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde1.JPG
Views:	1133
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2173728  

10th August 2013, 06:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
The only device that shows up for me is my son's Nexus 7, which I have a profile on. My Galaxy Nexus doesn't show up and there's no drop down to select it.

What version of the toolkit did you use? If it wasn't the latest version (1.6.8 as of this writing) there may be additional steps required (beyond what's in the toolkit UI) when rooting 4.3.
11th August 2013, 08:37 PM |#3  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I have allowed Device Manager in Settings, but on the web I see No active devices.
12th August 2013, 12:53 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike

What version of the toolkit did you use? If it wasn't the latest version (1.6.8 as of this writing) there may be additional steps required (beyond what's in the toolkit UI) when rooting 4.3.

Latest version...
12th August 2013, 12:54 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit09

I have allowed Device Manager in Settings, but on the web I see No active devices.

Same here.. Only my tablet is showing..
13th August 2013, 02:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Sweet! I'm not the only one with this problem, But I think I found the fix. It worked for me. I too am running a Galaxy Nexus on 4.3

If your Android device doesn't appear in Android Device Manager, or if you see Unknown location despite your device being online and running Google Play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

1. Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
2. Touch Android Device Manager.
3. Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
4. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
5. Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
6. Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
7. Restart your device.

Make sure you follow the directiions exactly or it won't work
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to majorcovert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift majorcovert Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 04:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorcovert

Sweet! I'm not the only one with this problem, But I think I found the fix. It worked for me. I too am running a Galaxy Nexus on 4.3

If your Android device doesn't appear in Android Device Manager, or if you see Unknown location despite your device being online and running Google Play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

1. Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
2. Touch Android Device Manager.
3. Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
4. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
5. Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
6. Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
7. Restart your device.

doesnt work for me.....
The Following User Says Thank You to pandorra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pandorra Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 10:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorra

doesnt work for me.....

it did work for me,thx.

in my case my device did not appear in the android device managerpage, now it appear.

thx:goo d:
14th August 2013, 11:13 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Dude!!!! Thanks a million times!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorcovert

sweet! I'm not the only one with this problem, but i think i found the fix. It worked for me. I too am running a galaxy nexus on 4.3

if your android device doesn't appear in android device manager, or if you see unknown location despite your device being online and running google play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

1. Open google settings from your device's apps menu.
2. Touch android device manager.
3. Uncheck allow remote factory reset.
4. Go to your device's main settings menu, then touch apps > all > google play services.
5. Touch clear data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
6. Go back to google settings and select allow remote factory reset.
7. Restart your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to stianjaco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stianjaco Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 10:22 PM |#10  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Has anyone else had the situation where all devices were initially showing up in Android Device Manager, but no longer show up? Mine was working fine for a few days, and then out of nowhere, both my N4 and N10 disappeared from the web, and I'm getting the "No Active Devices" message. I tried the above tip, but it didn't work for me.
16th August 2013, 08:29 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

Has anyone else had the situation where all devices were initially showing up in Android Device Manager, but no longer show up? Mine was working fine for a few days, and then out of nowhere, both my N4 and N10 disappeared from the web, and I'm getting the "No Active Devices" message. I tried the above tip, but it didn't work for me.

Both my N4 and N10 originally worked too, not just my N10 shows up. What's more disturbing is my N4 also disappeared from the Play Store on the web and my devices in my Google account dashboard.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)