BugMailer..? SOLVED / ANSWERED

Search This thread

chandradithya

Oct 15, 2010
Mumbai
This is a manual bug report triggered by pressing both volume keys and the power button at the same time. It will vibrate once when you do it and then it takes a good minute or two for it to compile the report. The phone will then vibrate 3 times quickly when the report is ready, but only if the phone is awake and unlocked. So, for example, if you hit the power button to check the time and happen to press all three buttons or your TPU case (just an example) is holding down your volume buttons, then it will trigger then. You won't actually see the results until the next time you unlock the device. They are addressed to your default email address unless your ROM developer adds an email to them. Obviously being stock this would not be the case.

Source: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/18671-Disable-bug-report-error-messaging?#entry488123

Last edited:

ABQNM

Aug 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
This is a manual bug report triggered by pressing both volume keys and the power button at the same time. It will vibrate once when you do it and then it takes a good minute or two for it to compile the report. The phone will then vibrate 3 times quickly when the report is ready, but only if the phone is awake and unlocked. So, for example, if you hit the power button to check the time and happen to press all three buttons or your TPU case (just an example) is holding down your volume buttons, then it will trigger then. You won't actually see the results until the next time you unlock the device. They are addressed to your default email address unless your ROM developer adds an email to them. Obviously being stock this would not be the case.

Considering I have answered this a few times already in this thread I do not see the point of you copying my exact explanation from a RootzWiki thread and pasting it here as your own.

Source: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/18671-Disable-bug-report-error-messaging?#entry488123

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Edited to remove the irrationality I left behind when I was a little annoyed. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: chandradithya

chandradithya

Oct 15, 2010
Mumbai
Considering I have answered this a few times already in this thread I do not see the point of you copying my exact explanation from a RootzWiki thread and pasting it here as your own. If you don't want to think for yourself please don't try.

No offence to you. Seriously. :eek:
was annoyed with this issue, google searched it , opened a lot of tabs, found many posts never had answers,
I agree it was copy paste, sorry for not mentioning the source. :eek:
I edited them and linked it to your post on rootzwiki,
I was in a hurry then and rushed up and pasted on the threads where there was no proper answers.

Reactions: Droidatar and ABQNM

ABQNM

Aug 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
was annoyed with this issue, google searched it , opened a lot of tabs, found many posts never had answers,
I was in a hurry then and rushed up and pasted on the threads where there was no proper answers.

It's all good. I did admittedly get a bit annoyed but I appreciate your response. I did also edit the above post since I did act a bit irrationally in my response.

Reactions: Droidatar

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
I have huawei ideos 4.0.3 ics but i can't find bugmailer.sh in /bin folder..only one bugreport file and even if i rename it if i press both volumes and power it still making a bug report...any help? :)

bevardimus

Oct 2, 2012
Just wanted to chime in and say THANK YOU for the solution!!!! I have a gnex car dock which was pressing all three hardware buttons every time I tried taking the phone out of it. It was driving me nuts, and now that I've renamed that stupid stupid file, my woes are gone!

stevemw

Apr 1, 2007
Bailey's Crossroads
I know it's rather late in the game but according to the comment and first. executable line in this script (bugmailer.sh) the script should exit if USB debugging is not active.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

jpgather

Oct 22, 2012
rename did not work ...

Thanks for pointing out the solution - rename or delete file bugmailer.sh ...

However I had no luck renaming the file - when I tried, the procedure seemed to work, but checking, the file was NOT renamed. I don´t understand why this is so.

Then I tried deleting the file, that did work. I am intruiged why the file renaming procedure did not work ...

-qb

Vangelis13

Thanks for pointing out the solution - rename or delete file bugmailer.sh ...

However I had no luck renaming the file - when I tried, the procedure seemed to work, but checking, the file was NOT renamed. I don´t understand why this is so.

Then I tried deleting the file, that did work. I am intruiged why the file renaming procedure did not work ...

-qb

You have to change permissions in your file manager.. :p

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
just to clarify i can delete all the bug reports causing no probs right? theyr etaking up about a gig on my storage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not actually a bug, but a debugging feature. It is integrated to allow you to take a screenshot and generate an easy to read bug report. It addresses it to you as you are manually requesting it.

The way to trigger the bug report as opposed to the screenshot is to hold both volume up and down and power. By pressing all 3 it should vibrate quickly and then it could take up to a minute to generate the report. Then once it is generated it will vibrate a few short bursts and will show on the screen.

The reason people are seeing this pop up when trying to take screenshots is due to the volume rocker being easy to depress both up and down, especially when you are applying pressure opposite the rocker to press the power button.

There is no bug here.
    There is a file in /system/bin called bugmailer.sh if you rename it to something like bugmailer.sh-old then reboot it should stop :D

Tested on my Nexus S :rolleyes:
    Considering I have answered this a few times already in this thread I do not see the point of you copying my exact explanation from a RootzWiki thread and pasting it here as your own. If you don't want to think for yourself please don't try.

Anyone knows what this is? It randomly asks permission to send out an email or sms. Baffled..

Edit: how to solve (posted by user gpierani) "" There is a file in /system/bin called bugmailer.sh if you rename it to something like bugmailer.sh-old then reboot it should stop ""
    just to clarify i can delete all the bug reports causing no probs right? theyr etaking up about a gig on my storage

Whaaaat?! :eek::eek:

Yeah, go ahead.