FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CM10] loosing data connection until reboot

257 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By noonecanhide, Senior Member on 11th October 2012, 06:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Usually i have wifi enabled permanently, as i have coverage at home, university and t-mobile hotspots. But my nexus sometimes does not get a working data connection if i disable wifi or come back from flight mode. Icon shows reception and 3G/H/H+ but stays grey. I can't access any internet services like mail,http...
If i reboot the device, everything is fine.

Any ideas ?

Latest (-3days behind max) CM10 with stock kernel, XXLF1 baseband, tmobile germany

P.s.: tried to search with google, found nothing. Currently the nexus is my only internet-capable device, so i am sorry if repost...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

11th October 2012, 06:30 AM |#2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Try toggling airplane mode?

Beamed from my Grouper.
11th October 2012, 06:44 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Same issue here. Get random signal losses and afterwards no data until reboot. I've experienced this with other Roms as well. Toggling the airplane mode sometimes help for data recovering.
11th October 2012, 07:28 AM |#4  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Try setting your minimum CPU above 500 Mhz...
The Following User Says Thank You to danger-rat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danger-rat Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 09:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
How can that change the signal issues?
11th October 2012, 10:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Maybe toggling wifi helps (sometimes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by un.droid

Same issue here. Get random signal losses and afterwards no data until reboot. I've experienced this with other Roms as well. Toggling the airplane mode sometimes help for data recovering.

I have exactly the same problem on galaxy s. The status bar shows mobile network connection, but the symbol stays grey, and connection is not there. Reboot is the only safe way to solve that. Sometimes toggling airplane mode helps, last time toggling wifi helped.

11th October 2012, 12:37 PM |#7  

More
Changing APN seems to be helpful. Someone that looks good with the current provider.
11th October 2012, 12:52 PM |#8  
Flag Ferrara
Thanks Meter: 7

More
almost same issue for me...
but there is some weird difference...
I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus latest radio, consistent RIL and latest CM10.

I lost data suddenly while browsing.
I can see blue signal with 3G, start browse and it change to H/H+. No problem until now but, when data returns to 3G, all further requests stay "pending" for a while (phone call is not working in this state!!!!). after a minute.... CRASH, all signal lost. Something like a reset.

even toggling data does not work... I simply have to wait that the phone decides to work again.

I'm from Italy, carrier is Vodafone. Someone with some hint?

thanks!
11th October 2012, 08:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_nrw

Changing APN seems to be helpful. Someone that looks good with the current provider.

It's the correct APN, did autoconf OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
11th October 2012, 08:35 PM |#10  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by un.droid

How can that change the signal issues?

Because on earlier builds of some AOSP ROMs, the radio had a tendency to go to sleep and not wake up when the frequency dropped too low. The common fix at the time was to use a higher number for the minimum frequency...

Read you must...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danger-rat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danger-rat Ad-Free
4th February 2013, 11:41 PM |#11  
Flag Trophy Club

More
I was looking up the answers to this same problem. When I'm staying still my internet is fine but when I'm driving down the road I lose signal. I did a google search for "cm10 losing data connection". This is a "normal problem" it is caused from changing between 3g and LTE 4g. I'm still looking up solutions to this problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)