FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Disable "Data Usage" Warning?

1,612 posts
Thanks Meter: 207

By voxigenboy, Senior Member on 26th December 2011, 02:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This app keeps pestering me all the time about my data usage & asking me to turnoff mobile data. Is there a way to disable the warning? What about the name of the app/process so i can uninstall it?

26th December 2011, 02:39 AM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 5,325

More
Just set the mobile data warning to an amount you won't hit. i.e. 1000GB
The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift El Daddy Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 07:15 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 207

More
thanks, was hoping for an actual on/off sort of thing but i guess this will do.
27th December 2011, 09:47 AM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,630

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxigenboy

thanks, was hoping for an actual on/off sort of thing but i guess this will do.

It is on/off also.

Uncheck the box that says "Set mobile data limit"...
27th December 2011, 10:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
he he he Guess your a bigger Data hog than me... I just hit the limit tonight
31st December 2011, 03:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcnz

It is on/off also.

I have that box unchecked but the warning is still in my notifications and won't go away
1st January 2012, 12:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

It is on/off also.

EDIT: Figured it out.

The checkbox will enable/disable the hard limit - where if the limit is reached, your data will be shut off until the next cycle (cycle is selected by you in the same screen)

The graph shows two limit bars - orange and red. Orange is the warning level and Red is the limit. It's not intuitive at all, but you can grab the right side of the bar and drag both the red and orange bars to whatever level you want. When your usage crosses the orange threshold, a warning appears that you cannot dismiss. When it crosses the red, I suspect you will get another harsher warning (or if the checkbox is checked, your data will be disabled).

This looks like a very nice system for people on the non-unlimited plans. I'd prefer it if the warnings could be dismissed in some way - since once you hit the warning level, your notification bar will have that warning in it for the rest of the MONTH! It would also be much nicer if you could specify a number instead of awkwardly dragging a line. I'm not OCD, but I still had to spend a long time dragging up and down to make the limits be round numbers!
1st January 2012, 01:30 AM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,630

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enLC

EDIT: Figured it out.

The checkbox will enable/disable the hard limit - where if the limit is reached, your data will be shut off until the next cycle (cycle is selected by you in the same screen)

The graph shows two limit bars - orange and red. Orange is the warning level and Red is the limit. It's not intuitive at all, but you can grab the right side of the bar and drag both the red and orange bars to whatever level you want. When your usage crosses the orange threshold, a warning appears that you cannot dismiss. When it crosses the red, I suspect you will get another harsher warning (or if the checkbox is checked, your data will be disabled).

This looks like a very nice system for people on the non-unlimited plans. I'd prefer it if the warnings could be dismissed in some way - since once you hit the warning level, your notification bar will have that warning in it for the rest of the MONTH! It would also be much nicer if you coupld specify a number instead of awkwardly dragging a line. I'm not OCD, but I still had to spend a long time dragging up and down to make the limits be round numbers!

It's an infinate scale, just move both sliders right up to something like 100GB.
19th April 2013, 07:21 AM |#9  
Flag Erlanger
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

It's an infinate scale, just move both sliders right up to something like 100GB.

I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has grasped this concept yet. Instead of dragging north for a day to some obscene number, just drag it to 0. Ta da! No more usage warning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halftonehero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift halftonehero Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)