3rd August 2012, 04:41 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Hessisch Lichtenau
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slava7777777

I had the same issue. I couldn't resume downloading either.

I rebooted the phone, loaded Google maps and asked to cache a new area. It showed me my previous downloading task and a new one. The old one was already paused - do NOT resume it. Press on a triangle on its right side, select Cancel and confirm cancellation. After that my new cache downloading task has started working immediately.

I've tried this just now two times. After I hit resume the phone shows me a short notification with "Download paused". Odd.

3rd August 2012, 09:30 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copystring

I've tried this just now two times. After I hit resume the phone shows me a short notification with "Download paused". Odd.

I'm facing a similar problem, can't delete cache. deleted data and retried. also tried adding another mape to be made available offline so that it's queued and then cancelling the previous one. don't know what's going on here.
4th August 2012, 11:52 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni645

I'm facing a similar problem, can't delete cache. deleted data and retried. also tried adding another mape to be made available offline so that it's queued and then cancelling the previous one. don't know what's going on here.

I was having the same issue and tried all mentioned above without success... here is what finally worked:
1. Uninstalled last update
2. Force closed the App (Settings > Apps > All)
3. Deleted cached data
4. Reinstalled most recent update
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoDefyToo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MotoDefyToo Ad-Free
4th August 2012, 11:56 PM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Hessisch Lichtenau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDefyToo

I was having the same issue and tried all mentioned above without success... here is what finally worked:
3. Deleted cached data

How do you uninstall last update?
7th August 2012, 07:23 PM |#15  
Flag You are looking at it
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Can someone tell me where this offline data is stored in sdcard as I have to make a backup of it in my pc, this data is about 60mb. I have searched Android/data folder and /data floder but no luck, plz help.
16th August 2012, 07:53 AM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Hessisch Lichtenau

Donate to Me
More
I tried to download an area today with the latest maps update now showing better error messages. It seems to be a storage error. My guess it's permission related.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345096283930.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1263700
2nd September 2012, 10:50 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDefyToo

3. Deleted cached data

Mine was not giving an error, but the download of the map area always just sat at 0%. Following these steps fixed it for me.

Oddly enough, it was doing this on my Samsung phone and Asus tablet.
13th September 2012, 09:56 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Yeah I've had this problem recently too - I just deleted all of the Maps app's data and cache and then it worked. Make sure to force the app closed too (there's a handy setting on CM9 which allows holding of the back key to force close an app).
23rd January 2018, 04:16 PM |#19  

More
What worked for me finally on my s7. Updated google maps and then deleted old maps. However it was still not working so i switched off perfectly working wifi and turned on 4G. It worked like a charm. Maps downloaded finally.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)