[Q] Help Getting Verizon Gnex flashed over to cricKet

Search This thread

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
Ok.. :confused:
First off, if this is a repeat thread/post then I apologize, please point me to the original thread and I will continue there.

I have read for hours and hours about getting my Verizon GNex flashed to cricket. I have found multiple threads discussing the process, I understand some things and other stuff is really confusing, I have also saw many other users that seem to be confused as well but seem to get little to no help, in fact their posts go unanswered since they are asking for HELP instead of "contributing" info/solutions. This post is an attempt to enlist help/support for myself and others that feel the way I do. If anyone knows of a thread/post that is "user/noob friendly" that can help myself or others get flashed over to cricket please share. Further more, if anyone is willing to provide direct assistance to myself or others I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. I have, so far, downloaded many files and believe that I have Ets and drivers installed properly. I realize that I may at times be impatient/anxious and will without a doubt try things on my own. I guess the overall reason for this post is to get help for those of us that are not well versed in this "flashing" process in hopes to do this the correct way instead of attempting to do it and possibly messing things up, cause obviously if "we" are unsure of how to do the process, then if we mess up, I'm sure fixing what we did wrong could be either just as hard or harder.

As waiting for and replying to threads can sometimes have a lot of time inbetween, Direct support would be much better, email or Gtalk IM is perfered but beggers cant be choosers, I will take what help I can get. A million thanks to anyone who is willing to help out. :good:

Like I mentioned in the begining, I apologize if this post/thread is "out of pocket" and needs to be moved. :eek:

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
So...
After getting into Diag mode and connecting to Ets (Deviced was recognized) edited and ran script.. I received the following message from Ets through the fault log..
Fault Log:
22:21:00.6: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x00000067, Info=uicchwd.c, line 153
22:21:00.6: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=UIM, Sys Time=0x00000067, Code 1=UIM_NOT_READY_ERR, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
22:21:02.6: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x000000b2, Info=valpswapi.c, line 2172
22:21:02.6: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=VAL, Sys Time=0x000000b2, Code 1=Deep Sleep Request Error, Code 2=0x00000001, Fault Type=Continue
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Info=css_prl.c, line 1283
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=CSS, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Code 1=76, Code 2=0x000006ed, Fault Type=Continue
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Info=css_prl.c, line 831
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=CSS, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Code 1=69, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Info=css_prl.c, line 11351
22:21:02.9: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=CSS, Sys Time=0x000000bd, Code 1=Css Invalid PRL, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
22:21:04.0: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x000000e7, Info=hlpeap.c, line 1832
22:21:04.0: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HLW, Sys Time=0x000000e7, Code 1=HLP_EAP_ERR, Code 2=0x00000001, Fault Type=Continue

I noticed that it says UIM not ready (I have flashed the Sprint_cdma_for_toro_FC12 radio in hopes to open UIM) and Invalid PRL (I used the "Newest" PRL for my area)
I dont have signal bars and all the phone info under Settings>About Phone (Phone Number,MIN,PRL) are set to UNKNOWN so I figure the flash didnt take.
If anyone knows what could cause this and/or how to fix it, please post here for myself and other potential V Gnex users
Thanks !!

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
I had a similar problem with the scripts. I used the verizon script and after running the script, I had a similar error. Until scripts have been tested more I would recommend manually configuring the phone.

I am starting over again.

Hope this helps and I will monitor this thread.

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
I had a similar problem with the scripts. I used the verizon script and after running the script, I had a similar error. Until scripts have been tested more I would recommend manually configuring the phone.

I am starting over again.

Hope this helps and I will monitor this thread.

I'm sure its not the actual script causing the error but rather a problem with the info being edited within the script or something within the phone not allowing the profile change. I would manually config but I don't know how to do it that way. I can get bars at times (they come and go) but none of the info within the phone at Settings>About Phone>Status (My Phone Number, MIN, PRL Version) changed, they are set as UNKNOWN.
I've rooted and flashed ROMs many times but this process is quite new to me. Hopefully more users will use this thread and we can figure this out. I will post updates as I continue to try new things.

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
i think i found my problem. For some reason the "MNC" settings cannot be changed from sprint on my phone. Changed manually in ETS but the reboot it changes back to "MNC = 120" which is for the sprint network. I will have to dig harder to find out why this does not work. How to find this value?

adb shell
su
getprop | grep operator

you will see 310120 which is the MCCMNC for sprint.

Hope this helps. I have to dig harder to find out why the settings is not sticking.

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
i think i found my problem. For some reason the "MNC" settings cannot be changed from sprint on my phone. Changed manually in ETS but the reboot it changes back to "MNC = 120" which is for the sprint network. I will have to dig harder to find out why this does not work. How to find this value?

adb shell
su
getprop | grep operator

you will see 310120 which is the MCCMNC for sprint.

Hope this helps. I have to dig harder to find out why the settings is not sticking.

What are you actually trying to do? Just curious cause you mentioned running the Verizon script. Are you trying to get a Sprint Gnex on Verizon's service? I heard the Sprint Gnex is a lot easier to flash since the UIM is not locked the setting stick. In my case (V gnex) we have to use a work around to get UIM disabled so the settings flashed will stick. Even with this "Work around" after I flash the script, nothing sticks, the phones setting are always set to Unknown. I am kind of at a stand still since I dont really know how to manually change settings like MDM, MIN or PRL. Im sure there are other I would need to change too. Well... back to reading. Hopefully some of these dev's or flash veterans will peek in on this thread and shead some light.

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
For anyone having issues getting edited info (Phone Number, MIN, PRL) to stick in phone setting...

A little background.. I used the "toroplus_for_toro_full_radios_FC12" to get around the UIM thats locked by Verizon. When I would run the scripts from Aprime's thread in Ets, I would receive a few errors but the biggest issue IMO is none of the Phone settings (My Phone Number, MIN, PRL) would change, they would simply set to Unknown, however; If I checked under *#DATA or *#MSL they were correct. This puzzled me for some time, then I ran across a thread stating that "The "toroplus_for_toro_full_radios-FC12.zip" is not suitable for the reason that the zip file contains both Sprint CDMA radio and Sprint LTE radio" The thread suggested using the same CDMA FC12 radio (to get around the UIM) but also use in combination with the Verizon LTE radio (flash one then the other)

Well, I tried it and it seems to have worked. I checked the Settings>About Phone>Status (My Phone Number, MIN, PRL) and they all are populated now as oposed to being Unknown. I hope this will help anyone else having this issue. Link to Sprint CDMA & Verizon LTE radios are here

Hooked back up to Ets (just because) and I instantly received a fault log:
01:11:38.1> ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03d6aeef, Info=hscssm.c, line 2100
01:11:38.1> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6aeef, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:44.3> ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03d6afd9, Info=clcomp.c, line 1340
01:11:44.3> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=CLC, Sys Time=0x03d6afd9, Code 1=CLC_ERR_UNEXPECTED_IHO_RECEIVED, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:53.4> ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03d6b12f, Info=hscssm.c, line 2100
01:11:53.4> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6b12f, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:58.5> ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03d6b1ef, Info=hscssm.c, line 2100
01:11:58.5> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6b1ef, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue

Any ideas on what this means?

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
I see the same error. Don't know if this means anything.

Try to send the restart commands to the phone.

I guess this will be fail on my part.

I am trying to flash a Sprint Gnex to Verizon - Pageplus service. There is not 4G with this service.

Thanks for starting this thread, I was getting hammered in that other thread but I can keep my cool. :laugh:

Will keep trying ;)

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
For anyone having issues getting edited info (Phone Number, MIN, PRL) to stick in phone setting...

A little background.. I used the "toroplus_for_toro_full_radios_FC12" to get around the UIM thats locked by Verizon. When I would run the scripts from Aprime's thread in Ets, I would receive a few errors but the biggest issue IMO is none of the Phone settings (My Phone Number, MIN, PRL) would change, they would simply set to Unknown, however; If I checked under *#DATA or *#MSL they were correct. This puzzled me for some time, then I ran across a thread stating that "The "toroplus_for_toro_full_radios-FC12.zip" is not suitable for the reason that the zip file contains both Sprint CDMA radio and Sprint LTE radio" The thread suggested using the same CDMA FC12 radio (to get around the UIM) but also use in combination with the Verizon LTE radio (flash one then the other)

Well, I tried it and it seems to have worked. I checked the Settings>About Phone>Status (My Phone Number, MIN, PRL) and they all are populated now as oposed to being Unknown. I hope this will help anyone else having this issue. Link to Sprint CDMA & Verizon LTE radios are here

01:11:38.1> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6aeef, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:44.3> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=CLC, Sys Time=0x03d6afd9, Code 1=CLC_ERR_UNEXPECTED_IHO_RECEIVED, Code 2=0x00000000, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:53.4> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6b12f, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue
01:11:58.5> ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HSC, Sys Time=0x03d6b1ef, Code 1=HSC_ERR_MINI_ACQ_FAILURE, Code 2=0x00000008, Fault Type=Continue

any fault that you see that is not directly related to the value you just wrote should be ignored. even a perfectly activated sprint gnex device ON sprint service sees the same errors.

the lte modem fix you mention was explained at the bottom of POST 1 of my VIA thread..

Notes...
1. VZW Gnex users MAY require specific settings for 3G data to work. Thanks to skydome for first mentioning the procedure and thanks to xooz for outlining his post and including the "patch"
2. If using a Mac running OS X.. I suggest using VMWare 5 and NOT Parallels to run Windows XP or Windows 7(32/64-bit)
3. If having issues opening NV Manager... try closing Ets > Right-click on Ets.exe > Run as Administrator.

Reactions: daxxone

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
any fault that you see that is not directly related to the value you just wrote should be ignored. even a perfectly activated sprint gnex device ON sprint service sees the same errors.

the lte modem fix you mention was explained at the bottom of POST 1 of my VIA thread..

Sweet, Well hopefully it worked then. I will ignore the fault log (if not directly related)
Yes, I did notice the LTE modem fix, thats where I got the idea, but instead of linking back to your thread I figured best to just explain in this thread and link to the fix since your thread is being hijacked by "help" posts already. Thanks for peeking in here and checking things out. I do have only one question as of now...

I am getting bars, but not strong (-93 to -100 dBm) which could very well be my area, but I am in North county SD, CA so I should have good service, however; Do you know of, or have heard of a PRL that works better? Using the one from your thread (52823 ) <--- didnt work for me, I had to use 45007.. My current cricket phone is using a 45410 PRL. Is there a way I can write this PRL? Thanks again for "Checking" in on this thread.

*Edit : I got Talk and Text working on the VGnex, no data so Im going back to see what happen. I did use the correct Sprint CDMA & Verizon LTE radio's so Im not sure why data wont work. Im on a Sprint toroplus ROM so I shouldnt need the "Patch" but I'll try it anyways.

Last edited:

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
Had Talk and Text Working for CricKet (V Gnex)

I finally got calls, text, sms working....
Used the 3G patch to get data..
Sadly now all I have is data... Not sure what I did wrong and I have tried to go back to FC12 + LTE radio and reran the script but still nothing but data (sometimes text will work)
Phone says Network is Sprint and shows a signal strength under settings. Service State is "In service" but calls seem to just drop before connecting. Not sure if I should ignore these errors but I am getting diff errors from Ets
Fault Log:
18:14:55.7: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03f9d096, Info=txdma.c, line 302
18:14:55.7: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=RCP, Sys Time=0x03f9d096, Code 1=RCP_ERR_TXHA_STATUS_ERR, Code 2=0x00000020, Fault Type=Continue
18:15:06.8: ETS, Id=CP File Info, Sys Time=0x03f9d236, Info=hlptimer.c, line 312
18:15:06.8: ETS, Id=CP Fault, Unit=HLW, Sys Time=0x03f9d236, Code 1=Invalid callback timer ID, Code 2=0x000003e8, Fault Type=Continue

Im still checking and trying new things but I hope someone can help fixing this, sucks cause I had it making calls/text when I left the cricket store after changing my ESN

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
Anyway I would recommend trying to reprogram numbers with
*#*#msl#*#*

See if that gets voice and text back.

What is the rfc setting and does anyone know where it is located?

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
Anyway I would recommend trying to reprogram numbers with
*#*#msl#*#*

See if that gets voice and text back.

What is the rfc setting and does anyone know where it is located?

I have triple checked settings.. they are correct
Profile: my number @ cricket. com (no spaces)
MDM : my number
MIN/MSID: 10 digit number cricket gave me
I don't know what else to check. Text and data are working
Calls "act" like they are going through, then drop all of a sudden before connecting
Like I said before.. "I had cricket change my ESN correctly which I confirmed by verifying Calls and texting before leaving the cricket store"
Got home and flashed a diff radio supposed to be a "3G" patch I got from a link in Autoprimes thread.
I don't know what else to change/try to get calls to connect.

& hmm.. I have not seen a rfc setting closest I've seen is RC data under *#data / Others
Wish I could help out man. Sorry

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
What rom are you using?

The 3G patch changes the verizon ril to a sprint ril for the radio.

I would recommend trying over the air programming. I think for cricket it is *228. Check first! This will not change your data settings because I have done this before.

I would like say thanks to you because you (promise) started this thread. I was getting hammered pretty hard in the other thread. I really needed some help.

Even though you have a different situation your questions got me on the right track.

I converted a sprint galaxy nexus to pageplus (verizon network) with voice, sms, mms and 3G.

Also thanks to autozoom for scripts. I finally got the script working but it only works with the old version of ETS (6.2.1.0). So folks watch out because there are several different versions on the net.

Here is how I did it.

1) Had a donor phone - HTC incredible, cloned all values needed to the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
2) Modified the verizon script using the values from the HCT incredible.
3) Ran the script with ETS
4) Lastly did over the air programming with verizon (pageplus).
5) Modified the APN to work for verizon mms.

Everything works that was not hard but oh it was, however great fun. ;)

Thanks again and I will monitor this thread to see if I can help someone.

Last edited:

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
What rom are you using?

The 3G patch changes the verizon ril to a sprint ril for the radio.

I would recommend trying over the air programming. I think for cricket it is *228. Check first! This will not change your data settings because I have done this before.

I would like say thanks to you because you (promise) started this thread. I was getting hammered pretty hard in the other thread. I really needed some help.

Even though you have a different situation your questions got me on the right track.

I converted a sprint galaxy nexus to pageplus (verizon network) with voice, sms, mms and 3G.

Also thanks to autozoom for scripts. I finally got the script working but it only works with the old version of ETS (6.2.1.0). So folks watch out because there are several different versions on the net.

Here is how I did it.

1) Had a donor phone - HTC incredible, cloned all values needed to the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
2) Modified the verizon script using the values from the HCT incredible.
3) Ran the script with ETS
4) Lastly did over the air programming with verizon (pageplus).
5) Modified the APN to work for verizon mms.

Everything works that was not hard but oh it was, however great fun. ;)

Thanks again and I will monitor this thread to see if I can help someone.

I am using the Sprint version of CM10. Like I said before.. data works and text works most of the time.
I have used *228 to program the phone, after doing that text works fine but calls still go to "call ended"
1-800 numbers will connect but no other calls go through. I have tried everything I can think of and have read so many threads trying to find a solution. I hope to find a fix that way I can share for others.

I'm glad you found a fix for your situation, sorry I couldn't help more. Thank you for posting your results, this way if anyone else has similar issues they may be able to solve them using your methods. :good:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
Anyway the 3g patch is for verizon rom. Reinstall sprint cm-10 rom. That is what I am using.

Sent from my Dumbphone

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
Anyway the 3g patch is for verizon rom. Reinstall sprint cm-10 rom. That is what I am using.

Sent from my Dumbphone
I have done everything..
Unrooted, back to stock Verizon settings and build.
Re-Rooted, flashed Sprint rec.img
Flashed Sprint CM-10
Flashed FC12 radio
Changed MDN/MIN/PRL manually

Still same situation.. Text works but calls go to "call ended" (1-800 numbers work everytime)
I'm literally at a stand still, dont know what else to try here. I'm hoping someone will check out this thread and post ideas/suggestions or better yet a fix. I have also Googled for hours trying to find any info on how to get this working and it seems there are only a few posts about people actually trying this (with any kind of instructions) I've seen a few youtube videos of V Gnex fully flashed to cricket but no guide or instructions so I dont know if the vid's are real or not. Trying to stay positive haha

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
I sure it can be done because there is a store here that will flash the gnex for 30 bucks to cricket.

Actually I had this same problem when I first started working on flashing my phone to pageplus.

Don't know if this will work but I reset to factory (wiped all data). Then when it started up I activated with over the air programming. Data was gone completely but voice and voice was back. Then I ran the script to restore data.

Sounds like you have probably done that already.

Also look at other thread by autozoom. Just read where someone is having the same issue with sprint.

Good luck and if I see anything I will post here.

PR0MISE

Aug 27, 2009
I sure it can be done because there is a store here that will flash the gnex for 30 bucks to cricket.

Actually I had this same problem when I first started working on flashing my phone to pageplus.

Don't know if this will work but I reset to factory (wiped all data). Then when it started up I activated with over the air programming. Data was gone completely but voice and voice was back. Then I ran the script to restore data.

Sounds like you have probably done that already.

Also look at other thread by autozoom. Just read where someone is having the same issue with sprint.

Good luck and if I see anything I will post here.

The cricket store here will flash the Gnex to cricket as well for $20, until they find out its from Verizon. Actually cricket doesn't really flash phones, they contact a third party company to do it for them. Soon as they find out its a V Gnex they say "Oh, I'm sorry, this device is not supported" they do refund the money, but no flashing.

I am pretty much willing to do anything at this point, kind of wish all Gnex "help" posts would get localized.
I will try as you suggest but can you be more specific?
Once you wipe all data you must have flashed CM again & loaded a PRL ?
Maybe I'm missing something but if you wiped data then rebooted, it might boot loop, and if you didn't load a PRL and/or change MIN/MDN then when you auto programmed it would load your "default" carrier settings.
Like I said maybe I missed something. I will deff try if you explain how you did it. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Notes...
    1. VZW Gnex users MAY require specific settings for 3G data to work. Thanks to skydome for first mentioning the procedure and thanks to xooz for outlining his post and including the "patch"
    2. If using a Mac running OS X.. I suggest using VMWare 5 and NOT Parallels to run Windows XP or Windows 7(32/64-bit)
    3. If having issues opening NV Manager... try closing Ets > Right-click on Ets.exe > Run as Administrator.
    Good to see you got it working.

Never heard of this 786 reset but did some research.

##786#

is the dialer code I found in case anyone that does not know reads this thread.

Glad Autoprime knows his stuff :) so far still so good. Its actually *#*#786#*#* that does the reset.