[Q] How to backup wifi passwords/settings with Titanium Backup?

Search This thread

Nutzzer

Nov 23, 2010
All,

I've been going through Titanium Backup Pro list of apps and can't find what I need to do to backup/restore my Wifi settings when I switch out roms.

Also, if anyone knows, if I wanna backup the default email 4.1 app for exchange, do I just backup the email 4.1 and exchange 4.1 settings?

Thanks for any info!

Reactions: white-gecko

Nutzzer

Nov 23, 2010
joshnichols189,

Understood, but during a Rom flash, I restore apps via Titanium backup and stopped restoring from Google Account.
I never restore system apps, but would like to restore Wifi Settings and Exchange email via the Email 4.1 app.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
joshnichols189,

Understood, but during a Rom flash, I restore apps via Titanium backup and stopped restoring from Google Account.
I never restore system apps, but would like to restore Wifi Settings and Exchange email via the Email 4.1 app.

When you log into your Google account it restores your WiFi passwords. I don't think you can restore the exchange email via the email app as you shouldn't restore system app data either :/

Nutzzer

Nov 23, 2010
Schiehallion,

I have the PRO version and don't see where I can backup Wireless Access Points. Can you point me to the right direction?

bfern002

Feb 4, 2009
Schiehallion,

I have the PRO version and don't see where I can backup Wireless Access Points. Can you point me to the right direction?

its a green item listed as "[SMS/MMS/APN] Phone...".

If you make a label and tag that setting, you can make a schedule so you could back up your messages and APN settings weekly (or however often you would need to).

lorevan

Jan 30, 2011
Could you please explain why?

I have been exploring different ROMs, and my main email is iCloud IMAP asccount that needs manual setup each time, so I would like a way to restore email accounts only.

I have the same problem. when i have change rom i never have from my google's account settings accounts the others emails or apn wifi.I think that ther is something ,in ours accounts that blocks the restore process

Reactions: rafaelluik

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore

I have been exploring different ROMs, and my main email is iCloud IMAP asccount that needs manual setup each time, so I would like a way to restore email accounts only.
Let's say you backup a ICS system app, then you restore it in a Jellybean rom, things could break.

OR

You backup a stock Phone.apk, then you restore it in a cyanogenmod 10 rom, It will not work for obvious reasons.

pippo236

Jan 30, 2017
Titanium backup as wifi passoword erecovery with crDroidAndroid-7.1.1-20170203-i9300-v2.1 and other rom is crashing the wifi no way to activate just reinstall rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I finally found it listed as "Wi-Fi Access Points" in Titanium Backup Pro.
    Google never restore my wifi passwords.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    All,

I've been going through Titanium Backup Pro list of apps and can't find what I need to do to backup/restore my Wifi settings when I switch out roms.

Also, if anyone knows, if I wanna backup the default email 4.1 app for exchange, do I just backup the email 4.1 and exchange 4.1 settings?

Thanks for any info!

I have the same problem. when i have change rom i never have from my google's account settings accounts the others emails or apn wifi.I think that ther is something ,in ours accounts that blocks the restore process