FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Issues with Google's "Backup Transport Service" on Android 4.4

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By ataris_kid, Member on 24th November 2013, 05:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all.. I've been through a day's worth of attempted troubleshooting but I haven't had any luck. In the "Backup & settings" menu, under "Backup account," it's saying "No account is currently storing backed up data." Here's a screenshot:

Long story short, it doesn't seem as though Android is detecting the Google Backup Transport. The PA GApps package contains the GoogleBackupTransport.apk file, but I've also tried one from the Nexus 5 factory image (though I believe they're the same file).

In ADB, I ran the following command:
Code:
bmgr list transports
It returned the following:
Code:
android/com.android.internal.backup.LocalTransport
On a functional installation (My Galaxy Tab 8.9 running CyanogenMod 10.2 -- Android 4.3), it returns the following:
Code:
* com.google.android.backup/.BackupTransportService
As you can see, Google's transport doesn't seem to be showing up as expected on Android 4.4 (CyanogenMod 11) with the PA GApps package. Watching logcat, I see that BackupManagerService finds 1 transport (.LocalTransport) on boot, so it's as though Google's is not even being detected.

My current setup is fitsnugly's nightly of CyanogenMod 11 and the latest PA 4.4 GApps (full, 2013-11-19). I've also tried with other GApps packages and other CM11 / AOSP builds with no success. I've tried both clean flashing and dirty flashing as well. Has anybody had any success with Google Backup / Restore while using a third party GApps package on CM11 (or any 4.4 ROM)? Alternatively, I'd appreciate any pointers related to where else to look or how to troubleshoot this, as I am not too familiar with this aspect of Android. I'm curious as to whether this is an issue with CyanogenMod 11, the PA GApps package, or [my] user error.

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to ataris_kid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ataris_kid Ad-Free

25th November 2013, 09:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Info 2 Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataris_kid

Hey all.. I've been through a day's worth of attempted troubleshooting but I haven't had any luck. In the "Backup & settings" menu, under "Backup account," it's saying "No account is currently storing backed up data." Here's a screenshot:

Long story short, it doesn't seem as though Android is detecting the Google Backup Transport. The PA GApps package contains the GoogleBackupTransport.apk file, but I've also tried one from the Nexus 5 factory image (though I believe they're the same file).

In ADB, I ran the following command:
Code:
bmgr list transports
It returned the following:
Code:
On a functional installation (My Galaxy Tab 8.9 running CyanogenMod 10.2 -- Android 4.3), it returns the following:
Code:
* com.google.android.backup/.BackupTransportService
As you can see, Google's transport doesn't seem to be showing up as expected on Android 4.4 (CyanogenMod 11) with the PA GApps package. Watching logcat, I see that BackupManagerService finds 1 transport (.LocalTransport) on boot, so it's as though Google's is not even being detected.

My current setup is fitsnugly's nightly of CyanogenMod 11 and the latest PA 4.4 GApps (full, 2013-11-19). I've also tried with other GApps packages and other CM11 / AOSP builds with no success. I've tried both clean flashing and dirty flashing as well. Has anybody had any success with Google Backup / Restore while using a third party GApps package on CM11 (or any 4.4 ROM)? Alternatively, I'd appreciate any pointers related to where else to look or how to troubleshoot this, as I am not too familiar with this aspect of Android. I'm curious as to whether this is an issue with CyanogenMod 11, the PA GApps package, or [my] user error.

Thanks in advance!

The service is eather omitted ( not likely imo) or just not sett during the build. If not misstaken the service was active in CM11 20131117 build.

Had same issue on avatarrom.
29th November 2013, 08:40 AM |#3  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataris_kid

I am at Motorola Razr. I have CM11 build and SlimKat based on CM11.
CM11 has a problem "no account" but SlimKat works ok!
I have only 2 zips with binaries and compare them. I could not find how to fix in CM11:
May be somebody can?:
http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhack...mts_spyder.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0z...it?usp=sharing

I checked: GAPPS is not a reason.
Same gapps on CM11 does not help, and other gapps at SlimKat does not brake it.
3rd December 2013, 06:10 AM |#4  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I asked @temasek.
he is one of developers for 4.4.
He said the problem in rom sources.

Here is his fix for his rom:
https://github.com/temasek/android_f...8656b5d9a72b3f

Other rom developers must make similar fix.
7th January 2014, 04:58 PM |#5  
Flag Regnum Utriusque SiciliƦ
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan11235

I asked @temasek.
he is one of developers for 4.4.
He said the problem in rom sources.

Here is his fix for his rom:
https://github.com/temasek/android_f...8656b5d9a72b3f

Other rom developers must make similar fix.

Well, a solution for CM11 (temasek's upstream) would be nice.
A flashable one, of course.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)