FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jelly Bean battery life issue(?) for a newbie

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Rem-X, Senior Member on 22nd July 2012, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all!

I'm a brand new and happy user of the galaxy Nexus. Bought it two days ago and of course I started to play around with it quite a lot.

It was not new but it was used rarely, especially in the past 3 months. The phone itself is five months old.

I am just wondering if it is normal that the battery drains so quickly. Considering the fact that as a new toy i am using it quite strongly I still find it too fast eating the power.

The other thing is that could be in relation with this is that I think it is very strange seeing that something keep waking up my phone when it should be sleeping.

Let me attach a screenshot about battery stats. Please ignore and forgive it that it is in hungarian. The important thing is still visible.

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance!

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én Galaxy Nexus-ről

22nd July 2012, 07:01 AM |#2  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,707

More
How much screen-on time? With crappy signal and a LOT of awake time, I'm not surprised at all by 15hrs of total time.

You have an app (or a few) keeping your phone awake quite often. That alone will drain the battery. Try something like "Better Battery Stats" to see whats keeping the phone awake.
The Following User Says Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martonikaj Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 07:51 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Yeah I forgot to mention that I had very bad reception for that time in the mountains. Screen on time was around 45 minutes - one hour.

How shall I look for apps not letting my phone going to sleep? Any free subsidiary for Betterbattery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2012, 08:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem-X

Yeah I forgot to mention that I had very bad reception for that time in the mountains. Screen on time was around 45 minutes - one hour.

How shall I look for apps not letting my phone going to sleep? Any free subsidiary for Betterbattery?

If your getting bad signal I suggest turning off your sync unless you need it, most of the time battery life is a result of the user or the apps they use better battery stats is a good app to find out what apps are keeping your phone from sleeping, also just a tip posting about battery life can get nasty responses good luck man

The Following User Says Thank You to dislplin01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dislplin01 Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 08:07 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Judging by the wake bar, go to Latitude and in Location Settings sign out of Latitude. Google Now still works and you won't get your device constantly updating your position while screen off. I believe when you turn on Google Now it automatically signs you into Latitude as well.
22nd July 2012, 08:08 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Just trying to find out how to spy out apps using my phone than they should.

22nd July 2012, 08:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
get BetterBatteryStats. I am sure that you'll just see googlelocationupdateetcetcwhateveritwascalled at the top of wake locks :P
The Following User Says Thank You to moe6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moe6 Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 05:18 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Ok now I am quite sure that it's the wifi that keeps waking up the device. After testing two days with wifi on and yesterday with wifi turned off it seems obvious.
I also find another topic where an other guy found the same answer... Very strange and very annoying.

With wifi:

Without wifi :

Both test were running during night when the device should sleep as well

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én Galaxy Nexus-ről
31st July 2012, 08:28 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Any help is appreciated

31st July 2012, 09:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem-X

Any help is appreciated

I think the betterbatterystats is the best way to go as mentioned earlier. You might find that it's an app that is calling the wifi connection that causes wifi to appear neat the top of your stats at present.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)