Nexus Rebooting Randomly

Search This thread

L60N

Aug 21, 2010
Its happened twice that i can remember now.

This morning in bed I grabbed the phone, deleted some emails, opened the browser and the screen went blank with the sound of a slight crackle. It then instantly revooted (google logo popped up etc).

Im concerned the phone is faulty. Is it likely just one of those things or does it sound more sinister?

Hope somebody can advise. :)

Dazzla

Nov 2, 2009
Mine rebooted once the other day. I don't necessarily think that the phone is faulty, it just has bugs that need ironing out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

CHILLYDAWG

Oct 27, 2010
I've been having the same thing as the OP. I get "Android is Upgrading" when it restarts, too.

In additiona I've seen (several times now) that when I press the power button to turn the screen on, it wont accept any input. After 30 minutes or so it spontaneously restarts and goes to the "Android is Upgrading" message when it restarts.

I'm on the verge of RMI'ing the thing as some of the other guys in the office who have it have not had the same problems.

I'm running vanilla sim free version, no operator tat installed.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Its happened twice that i can remember now.

This morning in bed I grabbed the phone, deleted some emails, opened the browser and the screen went blank with the sound of a slight crackle. It then instantly revooted (google logo popped up etc).

Im concerned the phone is faulty. Is it likely just one of those things or does it sound more sinister?

Hope somebody can advise. :)
Are you running a totally unmodified stock rom or have you flashed a custom rom/kernel/radio to it? Kernels are still being worked on and arent perfect yet.

Also Android 4 is still very new and alot of apps are not fully compatable and subject to crashing or crashing the system.

Everything will be ironed out in time :)

Mark.