Odin Mode?

Search This thread

mstyle88

Aug 24, 2010
Greenville, SC
Hi I have a purely stock intl Galaxy Nexus, I believe it is the Yakajxw version. This morning I went to my messages app and it loaded up the Flickr App instead. When I hit back it constanly went to some other app. So I powered down my phone and powered it back up and now its in Oden Mode showing a "Downloading.. Do not turn of target!!"

Is this a simple update and Im fine or is it somehow 'bricked'? Any way of fixing this? I have no knowledge of android phones and its a very important weekend for me, cant go without the phone!!

Thanks!

jelliottz

Apr 28, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Mine did this once also. Use your volume controls until it says start. Then press the power button. Booted up just fine for me.

I'm also completely stock, unrooted, locked boot loader. I haven't had the desire to mod yet. I was on WP7 for 18 months and just recently came back to Android. I'm enjoying the stock experience so far. Modifications will come soon enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
ODIN is a method of flashing factory images.
It really isn't downloading anything (not exactly sure why it would say that...dumb.)
You PROBABLY held volume- while booting.
This will put you in odin.

You can just boot up...you haven't changed/hurt anything.

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi I have a purely stock intl Galaxy Nexus, I believe it is the Yakajxw version. This morning I went to my messages app and it loaded up the Flickr App instead. When I hit back it constanly went to some other app. So I powered down my phone and powered it back up and now its in Oden Mode showing a "Downloading.. Do not turn of target!!"

Is this a simple update and Im fine or is it somehow 'bricked'? Any way of fixing this? I have no knowledge of android phones and its a very important weekend for me, cant go without the phone!!

Thanks!
If it's taking you directly to that screen, your bootloader got corrupt somehow. Follow the instructions in this thread to re-set-up your device.
ODIN is a method of flashing factory images.
It really isn't downloading anything (not exactly sure why it would say that...dumb.)
I believe that it is called download mode because that is what it is doing: odin downloads the partition images to the device. :)