FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] WiFi Hotspot not working on Dirty Unicorns

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Djchriscoral, Junior Member on 26th August 2014, 12:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry about the general post, I have flashed Roms from here since back in my Droid X days but have never done much posting, so it wont let e ask this on the DU thread.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the WiFi tether to work in settings. It looks like it sets up but never works and shows little or no connectivity on my laptop.

I love this rom and want to use it as a daily but HAVE to have hotspot use for my home or I get no internet in my rural community.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

26th August 2014, 12:17 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Dirty Unicorns WiFi hotspot help!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djchriscoral

Sorry about the general post, I have flashed Roms from here since back in my Droid X days but have never done much posting, so it wont let e ask this on the DU thread.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the WiFi tether to work in settings. It looks like it sets up but never works and shows little or no connectivity on my laptop.

I love this rom and want to use it as a daily but HAVE to have hotspot use for my home or I get no internet in my rural community.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

I am also running 7.9.
26th August 2014, 12:59 PM |#3  
Flag Kuressaare
Thanks Meter: 5,378

Donate to Me
More
1. You posted into the wrong section. Questions go to Q&A thread.
2. Wi-Fi trust may be broken because of the kernel or ramdisk. If you flashed a custom kernel then that is probably the problem. If not then the problem is in the ROM. If you flashed that ROM without wiping data and cahce, then that may be the reason why Wi-Fi tether isn't working..
26th August 2014, 02:34 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Manuel

1. You posted into the wrong section. Questions go to Q&A thread.
2. Wi-Fi trust may be broken because of the kernel or ramdisk. If you flashed a custom kernel then that is probably the problem. If not then the problem is in the ROM. If you flashed that ROM without wiping data and cahce, then that may be the reason why Wi-Fi tether isn't working..

Sorry about the mispost. And thank you for still responding.

No custom kernel and i only dirty flashed 7.9 over 7.8 triple wiped before that.
I will wipe and reflash. Thanks again.
26th August 2014, 05:52 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Still doesn't seem to work right after a clean wipe and reflash.
26th August 2014, 05:59 PM |#6  
Flag Kuressaare

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Still doesn't seem to work right after a clean wipe and reflash.

Then it may be a good to test another KK ROM to see if that is the ROM problem.
26th August 2014, 07:04 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Then it may be a good to test another KK ROM to see if that is the ROM problem.

Ya it had been working on the other 4.4 ROMs like Slimkat.

Each night I go back to the last working backup of SlimKat to use WiFi tether and then have been running DU during the day.

Thanks
26th August 2014, 07:15 PM |#8  
Flag Kuressaare

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ya it had been working on the other 4.4 ROMs like Slimkat.

Each night I go back to the last working backup of SlimKat to use WiFi tether and then have been running DU during the day.

Thanks

So the problem is in the ROM.
If you can then let the ROM devs know about this issue on their ROM. This may be just ramdisk related or then kernel related
26th August 2014, 07:25 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

So the problem is in the ROM.
If you can then let the ROM devs know about this issue on their ROM. This may be just ramdisk related or then kernel related

Will do I think I have enough post to add this thread in the developer section. I didn't have my 10 posts.

If anyone would like to drop this thread in that forum it would be appreciated as well.
26th August 2014, 07:46 PM |#10  
Flag Kuressaare

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will do I think I have enough post to add this thread in the developer section. I didn't have my 10 posts.

If anyone would like to drop this thread in that forum it would be appreciated as well.

In the development section there is only Development stuff like toolkits, ROMs, Kernels, etc. NO QUESTIONS...

Questions must be posted here:
Galaxy Nexus Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
26th August 2014, 08:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:

Flashing a kernel on top of the rom just might fix it. Worth a shot I suggest dirty or smitty v

Quote:

In the development section there is only Development stuff like toolkits, ROMs, Kernels, etc. NO QUESTIONS...

Questions must be posted here:
Galaxy Nexus Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

I think what he was trying to say was "ROM development forum"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)