FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help! asking for encryption password after restoring ext4 to f2fs (no volume buttons)

370 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By skyleth, Senior Member on 2nd August 2015, 04:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys! I think I screwed my phone completely.

First of all, my volume buttons are broken, I ripped off the cable from the main board trying to fix the screen. Other than that the phone was working okay.

Sometime ago I decided to format it to f2fs, and everything was smooth, but with lollipop you know there are some pink lines during videos, so yesterday, I decided to restore directly, the backup I made of the official 4.3 with fancy kernel that I have.

Now the problem is, the phone is asking for the encryption password, which I don't have, as I never encrypted it, and the computer isn't recognizing the phone, well, it actually shows in the device manager, but it doesn't show up for the toolkit, nor the explorer to save my things. I don't mind loosing everything as I only used it as a backup phone and to try cm12, but I'd like to get it working.

So, any ideas on how to make the computer/adb/toolkit recognize the phone, or how to bypass the encryption password which doesn't exist?
2nd August 2015, 12:31 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes
Thanks Meter: 9,150

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyleth

Hi guys! I think I screwed my phone completely.

First of all, my volume buttons are broken, I ripped off the cable from the main board trying to fix the screen. Other than that the phone was working okay.

Sometime ago I decided to format it to f2fs, and everything was smooth, but with lollipop you know there are some pink lines during videos, so yesterday, I decided to restore directly, the backup I made of the official 4.3 with fancy kernel that I have.

Now the problem is, the phone is asking for the encryption password, which I don't have, as I never encrypted it, and the computer isn't recognizing the phone, well, it actually shows in the device manager, but it doesn't show up for the toolkit, nor the explorer to save my things. I don't mind loosing everything as I only used it as a backup phone and to try cm12, but I'd like to get it working.

So, any ideas on how to make the computer/adb/toolkit recognize the phone, or how to bypass the encryption password which doesn't exist?

Exactly the same symptoms as if you were using a ROM without F2FS support on /data. Make sure you formatted back everything to ext4.
2nd August 2015, 10:46 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
Thanks Ziyan, that's the thing i didn't format it back to ext4 and now I can't get the computer to recognize it to solve it
25th September 2015, 06:34 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seville

More
solved with JIG. the thread can be closed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)