Honor View 10

[Q] Recovery mode ... error ?!?

383 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By angelossssss, Senior Member on 11th April 2012, 01:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I tryed to enter the recovery mode on my galaxy nexus by turning off->
turning on by keeping pressed vol up+vol down+power button. So far it's ok, i navigate to recovery by the volume keys, select recovery mode->power button.

After that my phone goes to a screen with an android logo with a triangle but nothing else appears...
Also if I leave it on that screen it boots to android by itself after about 1-2 min.

Is that normal?

Btw the phone is on 4.0.4 IMM76D GSM.

Thanks!

11th April 2012, 01:48 AM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 5,344

More
It's normal. With the stock recovery you have to press vol. up and power again at that screen to bring up the menu. You may have to do it a few times.
The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift El Daddy Ad-Free
11th April 2012, 11:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks. It actually worked.

I come from SGS2 and i got a little confused with the Nexus.

Is there a way to root it without changing the bootloader/kernel ?

On SGS2 i used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1501719 and it worked fine.

Is there a similar way for galaxy nexus?

I want to change the on-screen button images.
10th July 2012, 10:23 PM |#4  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

It's normal. With the stock recovery you have to press vol. up and power again at that screen to bring up the menu. You may have to do it a few times.

Hi El Daddy!

I need some help over here.

I tried flashing JRN84D according to @efrant's guide (he's offline atm so I can't reach him ). (Link: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28178320&postcount=2)

All went okay until I tried to flash the last zip file in step 12. It starts installing and then aborts giving a Status 1 error :S Installation aborted!!!

And when I try to reboot it just keeps booting to CWM.

Please help! Awaiting your reply!

I don't have any backups (i'm really worried about this)

EDIT: Everything's sorted
11th July 2012, 08:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy

This did not work for me... any other suggestions??
11th July 2012, 08:23 AM |#6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpungeWorthy

This did not work for me... any other suggestions??

If you're seeing an android laying on its back with its chest open, then you're in the boot loader menu. If you use the volume button to switch through the options there should be restart boot loader, reboot recovery, and reboot system. If you have cwm on your phone and that's what you're trying to get to you need to select reboot recovery option and press the power button to load cwm

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrich137 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrich137 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 08:31 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich137

If you're seeing an android laying on its back with its chest open, then you're in the boot loader menu. If you use the volume button to switch through the options there should be restart boot loader, reboot recovery, and reboot system. If you have cwm on your phone and that's what you're trying to get to you need to select reboot recovery option and press the power button to load cwm

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using xda app-developers app

thanks for the reply, but my situation might be a little diff than the op. i cannot manually enter recovery (doing what you suggested) as well as holding power, in android, and selecting reboot into recovery. on the contrary, i can install .zip files from gnex toolkit on PC using recovery

vzw lte 4.0.4 IMM76K
12th July 2012, 01:41 AM |#8  

More
(SOLVED) turns out I just needed to reflash CWM in ROM Manager

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
12th July 2012, 02:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpungeWorthy

(SOLVED) turns out I just needed to reflash CWM in ROM Manager

Don't forget this...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1540478

You'll have the same problem if you don't do something about...
/system/recovery-from-boot.p
30th June 2013, 04:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tablet how to fix error on Recovery of CWM
hello all XDA-Developers Members, good day! I have a Lenovo Ideapad A1 and last night is I tried to upgrade my Gingerbread 2.3.4 to Cyanogenmod 7 but it didn't work. It appear a Lenovo word on it after i upgrade it .... And when i bring it back to Recovery mode, it appears like this:

E:can't mount /cache/recover/command
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
Error mounting /cache!

Whenever I bring it back to Gingerbread, it just always appear a word Lenovo ... I am hoping sir/ ma'am that you could help me with this please!!!
Please sir/ ma'am ...
1st July 2013, 12:44 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,857

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-shino

hello all XDA-Developers Members, good day! I have a Lenovo Ideapad A1 and last night is I tried to upgrade my Gingerbread 2.3.4 to Cyanogenmod 7 but it didn't work. It appear a Lenovo word on it after i upgrade it .... And when i bring it back to Recovery mode, it appears like this:

E:can't mount /cache/recover/command
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
Error mounting /cache!

Whenever I bring it back to Gingerbread, it just always appear a word Lenovo ... I am hoping sir/ ma'am that you could help me with this please!!!
Please sir/ ma'am ...

Why are you continuously reviving DEAD threads that havent had any action in a year, in sections for devices that you dont even own!?

STOP!

go to your own forum or a general help forum. Nexus 7 and galaxy Nexus forums are for those devices only!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pirateghost Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)