Screen glass coming off?

Search This thread

daz.g

Jun 25, 2010
Salisbury
Is that how its supposed to be ? My bottom right corner is higher than the benzel, all other corners are a hair below(if looking at in portrait). Being 4 days old planning on going to store to get replacement, seems this would affect a screen protector that i havent installed yet..

Just read this thread and noticed my Gnex has the screen raised at the bottom right corner too ! Surely its not supposed to be like that ? - although it is where the headphone jack is so I suppose the connector takes up a lot of room on that corner......

b1ck132

Dec 18, 2008
istanbul
If any of the corners is a bit off that isn't supposed to be like that.

Well guess a lot of devices have the issue but people just dont recognize it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

daz.g

Jun 25, 2010
Salisbury
I've just been playing around with mine and by squeezing a finger gently along the edge on each side it has just popped down to be almost flush - not quite sunk like the other 3 corners(you can feel a slight ridge when sliding a finger across normally but the offending side is perfectly flush).
I guess the screen is design to pop out of the shell anyway - maybe some just weren't pushed down enough when manufactured ?

marcg611

Dec 16, 2010
just got a new one from vzw store today for the same problem... my bottom right corner was raised above benzel and there was a decent gap on that side between screen and case, you could see the 3pin between the chassis and glass. Supprisingly they swapped it out with no hassel at all! Thought I would meet resistance.. the case and glass are way tighter seamed on the new phone.. : )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Accused187

Oct 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Nexus One had this issue as well...what resolved it for a lot of people was using a blow dryer to heat up the affected corner of the screen and then squeezing that portion for a minute or so until it cooled. Basically it's heating up that glue and making it stick again.

Worth a shot for a simple DIY fix if you can't replace it. Just be careful heating it up, don't let it get too hot. I'd recommend powering down the device and removing the battery while you do it.

I did this to my N1 a couple years ago and it's still holding up to this day.

Reactions: b1ck132 and Valynor

b1ck132

Dec 18, 2008
istanbul
Thanks mate, that seems like a really good advice.

Will try when I find time, should do the trick.

marcg611

Dec 16, 2010
Good tip... but... just get a new one! Its new! Its not our problem to fix... this device retails for the same price as my flat screen! If their quality isnt up to par than they can open up several until you get a good one.. wouldn't have ever bought a Samsung if it wasn't a nexus, but I still demand quality on the device I bought....

Reactions: troubleshot

kevlars9

Jun 16, 2010
Is anyone else having these problems with the screen lifting above the bezel? I have received two nexus' from google this past week and both have this issue. It's frustrating and im curious if this is happening to a lot of people.

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
I had this problem too, but somehow it's fixed o_O
the display is now in the right position on every edge... I don't know why..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Nexus One had this issue as well...what resolved it for a lot of people was using a blow dryer to heat up the affected corner of the screen and then squeezing that portion for a minute or so until it cooled. Basically it's heating up that glue and making it stick again.

Worth a shot for a simple DIY fix if you can't replace it. Just be careful heating it up, don't let it get too hot. I'd recommend powering down the device and removing the battery while you do it.

I did this to my N1 a couple years ago and it's still holding up to this day.
    Well I tried but its quite hard.

The glass is supposed to be onside the chassis and well it is for the 70% of the phone.

But half of the right side and especially the right top corner, you can feel it is off by a bit, and when you press slightly it goes in where its supposed to but doesnt stay there.

It is as if the adhesive of the glass isnt holding on the corner any more.

I would bring that back to where you bought it, fire it across the counter and request a new one! It's obviously a faulty built one.
    This^^^

Take it back and get new phone.

This.

Who started THIS vile trend of replying with "This." Is it cool or something? I dunno, just figured I'd try it out. Will report back on my findings.
    I'm also having this issue on my phone, except that the screen is coming off on the left bottom part of the phone.

This was a replacement phone for the first one that was exchanged as DOA because of screen discoloration.

Went to the shop today and the sales rep was giving me attitude ("are you sure it isn't supposed to be like that?") and told me to return on Monday when the manager was there. Have to say I'm not really feeling the charm of Nexus at this point anymore. The iPhone might be fragile and limited, but at least the production quality is top notch...

Have you ever gone to any iphone forums and read problems iphone users have with hardware or software? Stuff happens with anything electronic that is mass produced. Every now and then you will have something that is not like it should be.
    Good tip... but... just get a new one! Its new! Its not our problem to fix... this device retails for the same price as my flat screen! If their quality isnt up to par than they can open up several until you get a good one.. wouldn't have ever bought a Samsung if it wasn't a nexus, but I still demand quality on the device I bought....