FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sleep of death?

1,505 posts
Thanks Meter: 334

Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone having issues with the phone going to sleep and not waking up? Happened last night and I had to remove the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

24th November 2011, 10:37 AM |#2  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've had this twice now. Both times after using Spotify, probably purely coincidence though. Battery pull and everything is OK.
24th November 2011, 11:32 AM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance

Anyone having issues with the phone going to sleep and not waking up? Happened last night and I had to remove the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Most likely something that you have installed on your phone isnt liking ICS. Hard to narrow down if you have alot of apps installed.

I have had mine for 6 days now and not had a single Sleep of Death and I havent seen too many comments about it so I dont think its a problem with ICS directly.

Mark.
24th November 2011, 12:14 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Most likely something that you have installed on your phone isnt liking ICS. Hard to narrow down if you have alot of apps installed.

I have had mine for 6 days now and not had a single Sleep of Death and I havent seen too many comments about it so I dont think its a problem with ICS directly.

Mark.

Good point.

Wonder what app it is
The Following User Says Thank You to Evostance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Evostance Ad-Free
24th November 2011, 12:35 PM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Happened to me too! My phone was ultra hot too! I had charged it over night with my computer. can anyone who had this issue confirm it was through computer charging?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
24th November 2011, 12:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPAIN225

Happened to me too! My phone was ultra hot too! I had charged it over night with my computer. can anyone who had this issue confirm it was through computer charging?

Nah was via wall power.

Wonder if its SetCPU stalling my phone as ive got it to drop the CPU speed right down when screen is off
24th November 2011, 01:02 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks! I made a wrong assumption!

24th November 2011, 01:18 PM |#8  
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance

Nah was via wall power.

Wonder if its SetCPU stalling my phone as ive got it to drop the CPU speed right down when screen is off

Jeez man you think you might wanna test that out before you post that there's an issue with your phone?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
24th November 2011, 01:21 PM |#9  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053

Jeez man you think you might wanna test that out before you post that there's an issue with your phone?

Exactly, it is way way too likely that turning your CPU down will result in 'Sleep of death'
24th November 2011, 01:33 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053

Well its still worth noting. SetCPU never did this on my DHD
24th November 2011, 01:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I had exactly the same thing last night, I even made my own thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1360847&page=2

I even wrote a simple app for logging the battery temperature and time, so I'll leave it on next night and I'll see what happens. Because I'm pretty sure my phone switched off due to overheating, as it was really,really hot in the morning, after I switched it on the battery was at 46C.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)