Sleep of death?

1,505 posts
Thanks Meter: 334

Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2011, 03:56 PM |#21  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I had this happen last night, also no spotify installed. I ran the Google Sky Map then closed it and locked my phone. A short while later couldn't get out of the screen lock and phone was effing hot. Battery pull did nothing to resolve, so I thought it might have discharged the battery. Plugged in the charger and had no effect... Charged all night, phone was again effing hot this morning and when I finally got it back up the charge hadn't happened at all.

Battery Usage meter in settings shows a pretty awesome picture of what happened but I haven't figured out how to do a screenie yet.

Sky

25th November 2011, 04:01 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysurfer69

Battery Usage meter in settings shows a pretty awesome picture of what happened but I haven't figured out how to do a screenie yet.
Sky

Press and hold powerbutton + volume down for a second or so.
25th November 2011, 04:41 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I had the screen of death also after leaving the phone on charge last night. Woke up to find it unresponsive to anything - had to pull the battery.

The previous night had been fine.

Only real difference was I'd change the SIM (put a new one in from Orange as the old one was deactivated).
28th November 2011, 01:09 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Weird. I can't get mine to sleep. I've uninstalled almost every app and it still never sleeps.
28th November 2011, 01:29 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike freegan

Mines done it about 4 times. Pre installed Movie maker seems to induce it.

I'm kind of in agreement with mike here.
Mine first happened when playing with the new movie maker.
I left the phone on the table and it wouldn't wake when I returned to it.

The SDK said the phone was online but couldn't connect to it or get process list.

I tried movie maker again last night after reading this and this morning it was dead again, same issue.
28th November 2011, 01:47 PM |#26  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ive had my phone 8 days and its crashed 5 times.

I was listening to music and the song just crashed and started repeating itself, the phone then went dead and unrresponsive. Only ejecting the battery has got it to coe back on....

This has happened 5 times now, i dont have spotify and not installed that many apps....

Hardware or software??
28th November 2011, 02:31 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I have managed to see what's going on today - I was reading a book using the kindle app, when the screen got weird - there were green lines all over, and it became unresponsive. After like 10 seconds the screen switched off and that was it, I had to pull the battery to reboot it. It seems like a system crash to me.
28th November 2011, 02:46 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I can confirm it does not have anything to do with the OTA since I had this problem the first day I got the phone (which was Friday).

And I thought it was Light Flow that induced the problem. But now that you guys mentioned the Movie Maker I think that's a possibility (since the first day was the only day where I tested all the apps, including Movie Maker). Didn't get that ever since.
29th November 2011, 02:19 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I had this problem today for the first time. I was just reading the xda app when it happened.

I was not charging the phone at the time.
I don't have spotify installed.
I have never accessed movie-maker.

I think the browser might also have been open at the time with the lab features turned on.
Another open app. that was open is an extremely simple one called Next Train Ireland.
I do have the volume fix installed. Initially, I thought it might have something to do with that.

I have no intention of losing my lovely GN for the sake of a bug! -- Unless it starts to happen every day...
29th November 2011, 04:22 PM |#30  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434

More
All you guys should send emails to samsung and google, and start a bug post on Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project page or whatever is the correct place to post bugs for google to look at.
29th November 2011, 10:35 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Mine is in a sleep of death now.

I was running the battery down and noticed it had gone off. Can't get it back on now. Same fault as the other day.

TBF I have installed loads of stuff on it and I am thinking that when I finally do get it to wake up I will wipe it (and movie maker) and install stuff bit by bit and keep an eye on this thread!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)