Sprint Jelly Bean DIAG mode?

Search This thread

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros
Does anyone know how to put the G Nexus Jelly Bean in Diagnostic Mode, like for flashing it for another carrier, you know, QPST, and all that stuff.

I really need it, like 2 weeks ago i bought a GN and its f*cking awesome, just flashed Jelly Bean, and i cant get it into DIAG Mode.

By the way, ,the following doesnt work:
*#*#8778#*#*
*#*#DIAG#*#*
##DIAG#
##8778#

Anything else?

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
Does anyone know how to put the G Nexus Jelly Bean in Diagnostic Mode, like for flashing it for another carrier, you know, QPST, and all that stuff.

I really need it, like 2 weeks ago i bought a GN and its f*cking awesome, just flashed Jelly Bean, and i cant get it into DIAG Mode.

*#*#8778#*#*
*#*#DIAG#*#*
##DIAG#
##8778#

Anything else?

Have you tried the default Android testing menu?

*#*#4636#*#*
*#*#INFO#*#*

Reactions: Damian8a

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros
Ok, I flashed the Cyanogenmod 9.0 and the *#*#DIAG#*#* actually worked, i get into the menu that let me select between PDA and CDMA MODEM conection.

BUT!! It kinda doesnt connect like a Samsung Modem or anything like that, it shows me two new devices in the Device manager:

1) In the modems it shows a "VIA Telecom USB Modem"
2) In the Other devices shows "INTF2"

And when I try to connect it to DFS or QPST it doesnt work.

Im shure i need some drivers or something, but i dont know which ones.

Any clue?

Reactions: JaiaV

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
Ok, I flashed the Cyanogenmod 9.0 and the *#*#DIAG#*#* actually worked, i get into the menu that let me select between PDA and CDMA MODEM conection.

BUT!! It kinda doesnt connect like a Samsung Modem or anything like that, it shows me two new devices in the Device manager:

Any clue?

Oi, hit thanks instead of reply. O well.

I doubt you'll be able to 'flash' the phone for any other carriers through any menu available through the device itself, if that's what you're intending to do.

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros

I doubt you'll be able to 'flash' the phone for any other carriers through any menu available through the device itself, if that's what you're intending to do.

Well Its just matter of changing the MSL and the PRL and modifiying the Data parameters and sh*t like that.

And Ive done that like a thousand times with several HTC's Samsungs and Motorolas(Thats actually my second job, seriouslly, i get paid for doing this), I just need to connect it in diag mode and have the drivers.
Which is beeing really hard to do right now

Obviously using my laptop to change the parameters

Last edited:

marjohn1000

Jul 5, 2012
Same problem

I have been struggling with the same problem for 2 weeks. Have any one found an answer. Can use 'better cut' to write prl, however can use qpst to make internet work.

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros
I have been struggling with the same problem for 2 weeks. Have any one found an answer. Can use 'better cut' to write prl, however can use qpst to make internet work.

Uhh, Well I found an answer, but its not a solution yet.
Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1696621

It explains why we can't use QPST...
Well it actually doesnt dierctly explain, but we have VIA Chpisets on our phones, instead of the common Qualcomm Chipset, who owns QPST.

But it also give some instructions about a program for VIA chipsets, ETS i think.

I was also reading in a Droid Charge thread (also VIA chipset) that there is a programm named VPST and VPCT or something like that, its like the "QPST" of the "VIA telecom" chipsets.
I'll try it tonight.

Is your gnex Sprint or Verizon?

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros
Have you tested? Did you get it working? I tried but 'getprop' not showing my MSL code.

I've just made the MSL change to 000000, and switched the PRL to my carrier, but just that. I havent had time to work on anything else.

Is your nexus Verizon or Sprint?

If its Verizon your MSL is already 000000, if its Sprint you can get the MSL code with a script made by Viperboy

marjohn1000

Jul 5, 2012
I've just made the MSL change to 000000, and switched the PRL to my carrier, but just that. I havent had time to work on anything else.

Is your nexus Verizon or Sprint?

If its Verizon your MSL is already 000000, if its Sprint you can get the MSL code with a script made by Viperboy

I have a Srint. Searching for ViperBoy now.

Damian8a

Feb 9, 2011
Matamoros
has there been more progress on this? would love to update prl on cm10

Dont know man, I dont have the Nexus anymore, but for the PRL updating theres an app that makes shortcuts, I cant remember the name right now, i think it something like bettercut or something like that.
You can also flash an ICS rom and update the PRL like you would normally do.
Hope i helped

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any clue?

*#*#8778#*#*
    *#*#DIAG#*#*
    ##DIAG#
    ##8778#

Anything else?

Have you tried the default Android testing menu?

*#*#4636#*#*
    *#*#INFO#*#*

Any clue?