Is it worth getting the S Galaxy Nexus now in 2013?

Search This thread

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Huawei P30
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well I've had the GNEX for about 5 months now. Got rid of my galaxy note for it. Couldn't be happier really. Its excellent.

Fast, fluid and just works brilliantly. Its a nexus device so future updates should be relatively quick also. The screen is gorgeous and the design is extremely sexxxy with those fabulous curves. :) Jesus...it sounds like I'm describing a woman!

Anyway. In terms of performance, its still up there. Yes there are tons of new handsets with quad core SOC but the dual CPU performs wonderfully as it is.

Unless you are a hardcore gamer then I doubt you're really going to need an extra couple of cores or newer GPU.

Even then, when it comes to graphical performance, I have to say that I have not yet found any game that the handset cannot run from the play store.

Got a few of the latest titles such as Nova 3, needs for speed: most wanted, dead trigger and others. All run excellently.

I can only highly recommend the GNEX.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: antrobi3 and jun4

Zurko

Jul 6, 2012
Well I've had the GNEX for about 5 months now. Got rid of my galaxy note for it. Couldn't be happier really. Its excellent.

Fast, fluid and just works brilliantly. Its a nexus device so future updates should be relatively quick also. The screen is gorgeous and the design is extremely sexxxy with those fabulous curves. :) Jesus...it sounds like I'm describing a woman!

Anyway. In terms of performance, its still up there. Yes there are tons of new handsets with quad core SOC but the dual CPU performs wonderfully as it is.

Unless you are a hardcore gamer then I doubt you're really going to need an extra couple of cores or newer GPU.

Even then, when it comes to graphical performance, I have to say that I have not yet found any game that the handset cannot run from the play store.

Got a few of the latest titles such as Nova 3, needs for speed: most wanted, dead trigger and others. All run excellently.

100% agree!

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Why dont u go for galaxy note 1. It also has great dev on it and will cost u almost the same as gnex.

I am just recommending because u want a good screen and custom dev.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Thanks for all the help guys . Current online rumors on nexus 4 avail: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/01/17/nexus-4-sales-should-resume-in-february/

So i might be able to buy a friend's used Galaxy nexus for around 190$ ( around 12k INR ) which is in very good condition. It should suffice for now or i might end up going for the xperia TX or xperia V.

Thanks a lot again, :good:
Rishi

That's an excellent price for the tech you get. N4 doesn't offer much more for the price difference (8mpix which makes grainy photos, glass back) + you have to suck dicks apparently to get one. If you're into gaming and wanted a N4 because of the HW, I'd get a second hand N7 for the rest of the money (your GN offer + 2nd hand N7 = somewhere in the N4 non play store market price), offers a larger screen and better experience anyway. Waiting game blows balls, there's always a better phone around the corner.

Last edited:

Smokeey

Oct 8, 2010
College Station, TX
We're seriously so close to an entire generation of Core A15 based phones. Buying a Galaxy Nexus would be a horrible idea right now. It's a great phone, but this is the part where it starts to fall behind in terms of performance and features. I'm ready to give it up for a Galaxy S IV or the 2013 HTC Flagship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rishi_storm

joshuajones

Mar 27, 2012
Indianapolis
I would say yes. I the development for this will keep it alive for a long time, and you can find one for dirt cheap.
Get one to hold you over til the next nexus; the nexus 4 isn't a good enough improvement to bother with yet.

neovdr

Jun 28, 2011
We're seriously so close to an entire generation of Core A15 based phones. Buying a Galaxy Nexus would be a horrible idea right now. It's a great phone, but this is the part where it starts to fall behind in terms of performance and features. I'm ready to give it up for a Galaxy S IV or the 2013 HTC Flagship.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
I have to disagree with you here. Being an early adopter sucks and you risk a lot. I got into that when the first dual cores arrived and I am not doing that again ...

MekaDragon

Jul 28, 2012
In my humble opinion, this is one of those devices that still faces superior models.

Smartphones industry goes really, maybe too much fast, so, they want us to see that a smartphone that is only one year old it's already obsolete. Yeah sure... Even Galaxy S keeps facing some mobile devices...

If you can find Galaxy Nexus for less than 300$, I think it's really worthy. It's an awesome device. I managed buying one for 199€ and i can't be more happy, lol.

neovdr

Jun 28, 2011
In my humble opinion, this is one of those devices that still faces superior models.

Smartphones industry goes really, maybe too much fast, so, they want us to see that a smartphone that is only one year old it's already obsolete. Yeah sure... Even Galaxy S keeps facing some mobile devices...

If you can find Galaxy Nexus for less than 300$, I think it's really worthy. It's an awesome device. I managed buying one for 199€ and i can't be more happy, lol.
I did the same since the Nexus 4 is 525 euro here :'(

TheJerf01

Jan 17, 2013
I am just getting back on to my old Nexus and loving it, I just started messing with custom ROMs. Still a great phone, other than no expandable memory.

margaretiak

Mar 27, 2011
I bought Nexus like a month ago.. For 330eur(cheapest in my country..mostly its still selling for ~500eur here) ..hell i would like to have americans prices.
And im quite satisfied. Was thinking about note 2 but its huge and I couldnt have it in pocket in my (physical) job.
Since I was using htc desire before, its a rocket!

Reactions: jun4

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Bought it 2nd hand in December for 280€, mint condition, 1 year old, it was a fair price since I've been able to sold my 1 year old Nexus S for 200€. Don't regret it a bit. I've played with friends N4, but doesn't convince me to shell out the price difference (bought outside Play Store) and in 1 year both will be outdated as **** anyway. Except I'll lost maybe 50-80€ when selling, but N4 will lost 200€ in 6 months.

khuzema9

Nov 29, 2012
guys i am from pakistan, i bought it in usa 4 months back, and i must say,, i love it , much much better than all these other options.. so much you can do as you all must know better than me.. and i dont know why its so expensive in india.its available here in around 300 buck quite easily...

Reactions: zeus.k1987

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you get a good price. It got quite a outdated SoC, but that's alright if you don't care about gaming. Another positive thing is that it will get Ubuntu in the coming weeks, that's actually the only thing that keeps me from getting a new phone (N4/note2) right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great device but I wouldn't pay $400 for it now. I got mine for about US$300 6 months back when a shop was running special deals. Wait a bit, prices might drop on those other devices, CES and all the new announcements will mean S3 etc might get cheaper soon.
    Is absolutely still a superior phone and i highly recommend it still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Just got my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) right after Christmas off eBay (mint condition, for $170). I kept my unlimited data plan, and couldn't be happier. I have never flashed/modded/tinkered with a phone more than the Nexus, and that's 1000% because of this forum and developer community. I love it!

Is it the fastest, most competent phone available today? No. But it's so much damn fun playing with!