[Q] Yakju to Takju

Search This thread

shahravi94

Sep 3, 2011
Since the new takju gsm galaxy nexus came out today, google released the factory images for it. If you flash these takju images onto a yakju phone, will it convert the phone to a takju?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Since the new takju gsm galaxy nexus came out today, google released the factory images for it. If you flash these takju images onto a yakju phone, will it convert the phone to a takju?

Just to clarify: there are no yakju devices or takju devices or yakjuxw devices, etc. There are maguro devices and there are toro devices. yakju/takju/yakjuux/etc are made to run on maguro devices, so they are interchangeable. mysid is made to run on toro.

Reactions: m.sabra

shahravi94

Sep 3, 2011
only reason i want to do it is because my dad is the one that uses the galaxy nexus. He has been having random reboot issues on it with aokp and cna so i was just gonna flash him back to a stock image. I was planning on flashing the standard yakju but i figured since takju is the USA version and we are in the USA i might as well give him takju.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
only reason i want to do it is because my dad is the one that uses the galaxy nexus. He has been having random reboot issues on it with aokp and cna so i was just gonna flash him back to a stock image. I was planning on flashing the standard yakju but i figured since takju is the USA version and we are in the USA i might as well give him takju.

I wouldn't say its any more "USA Version" than yakju is. They're nearly the exact same.

But go ahead, nothing bad is going to happen. Flash it just the same as you would yakju builds.

Reactions: drawde40599
Jul 22, 2011
Lisle, IL
sorry, lots of questions

Ok, complete build/flash/rom newbie here...

I'm in USA/T-mobile on a stock GNex, yakju build, 4.0.2... been waiting patiently for the OTA as again, complete newbie to all this stuff, figured I'd wait for the OTA rather than trying all this fancy shmancy stuff.

But let's say I were to flash a 4.0.4 build; do I still get future OTA's? Or do I have to continue to manually install all future updates?

Going from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4... I know there was a minor update for antennae issues a few days ago/last week... do I need to increment or can I jump straight into the latest? Also, does it matter from 4.0.2 to the yakju or takju 4.0.4?

Basically if I decide to try this, most likely this weekend, I want to make sure I'm 100% completely up to date.

Last question, how long approx. does it take to do all this for a complete newb? :)

shahravi94

Sep 3, 2011
Ok, complete build/flash/rom newbie here...

I'm in USA/T-mobile on a stock GNex, yakju build, 4.0.2... been waiting patiently for the OTA as again, complete newbie to all this stuff, figured I'd wait for the OTA rather than trying all this fancy shmancy stuff.

But let's say I were to flash a 4.0.4 build; do I still get future OTA's? Or do I have to continue to manually install all future updates?

Going from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4... I know there was a minor update for antennae issues a few days ago/last week... do I need to increment or can I jump straight into the latest? Also, does it matter from 4.0.2 to the yakju or takju 4.0.4?

Basically if I decide to try this, most likely this weekend, I want to make sure I'm 100% completely up to date.

Last question, how long approx. does it take to do all this for a complete newb? :)

If you flash the stock images from google you will get updates. It isn't very hard but it does require you have the sdk and fastboot set up. keep in mind that flashing those images will wipe out your entire phone.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
If you flash the stock images from google you will get updates. It isn't very hard but it does require you have the sdk and fastboot set up. keep in mind that flashing those images will wipe out your entire phone.

It doesn't require the SDK. Just Fastboot and ADB.

He doesn't have to wipe his phone if he just applies the updates only, not flashing the complete images (he's already on yakju).

shahravi94

Sep 3, 2011
well yeah. i just figured that in order to have fastboot he would need the sdk set up or atleast partially set up.

and oh i thought google wasn't providing update images anymore. just the full system images. i may be wrong however.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Reactions: efrant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Of course it works great. There's probably no benefit to it, considering that you can just get Wallet from the Play Store now.

Just to clarify: there are no yakju devices or takju devices or yakjuxw devices, etc. There are maguro devices and there are toro devices. yakju/takju/yakjuux/etc are made to run on maguro devices, so they are interchangeable. mysid is made to run on toro.

I wouldn't say its any more "USA Version" than yakju is. They're nearly the exact same.

But go ahead, nothing bad is going to happen. Flash it just the same as you would yakju builds.
    well yeah. i just figured that in order to have fastboot he would need the sdk set up or atleast partially set up.

You can download just Fastboot and ADB.

and oh i thought google wasn't providing update images anymore. just the full system images. i may be wrong however.

No you can get just updates here on XDA.
    So what radio is coupled with 4.0.4 IMM76i official GSM yakju? I'd like to flash that radio to make it 100% stock without wiping out my SD card. :) Thanks!

XXLA2. You can find it in the radio sticky linked in my signature.