Jelly Bean 4.2.1 OTA Launcher with rotation (deodexed apk) flashable

4,092 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,394

Post Reply Email Thread
FIXED Flash-able .zip: here

What is fixed:
rotation!
I used sample.zip file that I didn't modify and maybe that's why the launcher didn't work with rotation so I modified files from META-INF folder and now it flashes it correctly and rotates correctly too.

Hope you like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-29-17-04-51.jpg
Views:	2386
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1521458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-29-17-15-07.jpg
Views:	2389
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1521459  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Carlos_Manuel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Carlos_Manuel Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 03:34 PM |#2  
Flag Florence
Thanks Meter: 45

More
You might want to make that file available to the public, unless you want to give permission to bunches of folks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
29th November 2012, 03:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuressaare

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthous01

You might want to make that file available to the public, unless you want to give permission to bunches of folks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I forgot it!
I don't usually use that site! It's now public on the web..
30th November 2012, 08:35 PM |#4  
Flag Gifhorn
Thanks Meter: 30

More
First of all thanks for this mod, but I'm facing a problem when screen is rotated. Toggles are messed up in Xylon ROM 0081 (s. Screens / attachment).
Also the flashable ZIP did not work. CWM 6.0.1.9 flashed it successfully but it was still the original launcher2.apk, even when I renamed the original one to .apkold, the modded apk wasn't there when I flashed the zip. So I installed ithe apk to data first, copied it to system and adjusted permissions.
I just wonder if Xylon is Odexed... Gonna check that next. If it is, is there a way to make it work?

Greets
// j_Dee

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354307026025.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1525042   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354307035140.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1525043  
2nd December 2012, 03:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuressaare

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dee

First of all thanks for this mod, but I'm facing a problem when screen is rotated. Toggles are messed up in Xylon ROM 0081 (s. Screens / attachment).
Also the flashable ZIP did not work. CWM 6.0.1.9 flashed it successfully but it was still the original launcher2.apk, even when I renamed the original one to .apkold, the modded apk wasn't there when I flashed the zip. So I installed ithe apk to data first, copied it to system and adjusted permissions.
I just wonder if Xylon is Odexed... Gonna check that next. If it is, is there a way to make it work?

Greets
// j_Dee

I don't know nothing about the custom ROM "Xylon" the launcher is for stock ROMs and for ROMs what does not have modified system apps and modified framework-res.apk....

You can try to flash it by wiping cache and dalvik cache and then flash the launcher.

You can also try the ADB way if that works better.

I messed my nexus up by trying to theme framework-res.apk and when I flashed my ROM again and this launcher then now it does not rotate... I don't know why.. but before it worked.. O_o
2nd December 2012, 08:22 PM |#7  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,174

Donate to Me
More
Works good with MMuzzys Toroplus ROM
2nd December 2012, 09:09 PM |#8  
Flag Gifhorn

More
The new ZIP is working now and on Paranoid Android launcher rotation is working thanks to you. Toggles not messed up beyond repair. Still wondering about issue with Xylon rom, as it uses the stock launcher by default... But I still don't know if and how much it was modded.

Greetz
// j_dee

The Following User Says Thank You to j_dee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j_dee Ad-Free
2nd December 2012, 09:24 PM |#9  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,174

Donate to Me
More
The toggles seem fine on the stock 4.2.1 ROM. It stretches the top row just a hair to make them fit but it doesn't look out of sort to be honest.
10th December 2012, 07:43 PM |#10  
Flag Gifhorn

More
Confirmed working on PURITY 1.1...

Greetz
// j_dee

27th February 2013, 05:09 PM |#11  
Flag Warren
Thanks Meter: 182

More