[MODS/Q&A ] XenonHD ROM ALL DEVICES

2,253 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,271

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

I am going to fill this op with Questions and answers from all devices supported by Team Horizon. Please keep the respect and KEEP ALL NON DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION HERE OR OUR

Quote:

[B]

Quote:

Q. I came from 4.1.2 and I flashed your 4.2.1 and I can't access my files now?

A. Well this is because after the 4.2.1 update Google implemented a feature with in its ROM to allow for the use to apply user specific accounts. I suggest reflashing a 4.1.2 ROM, Then mount the phone once booted, Take all of the information you choose to keep and place it on your desktop, Once complete then reboot the phone into recovery and wipe the rm and reflash 4.2.1 once you have flashed rom and gapps, Before you leave recovery wipe the sd card. Once phone reboots then simply replace the information you placed on your desktop to its corresponding folder.

Quote:

Q. my wifi is always on when in standby?

A.Disable wifi optimization, And avoid poor connections in wifi advanced options.. If you have Franco kernel, wifi fast pm helps too

Quote:

Q. HELP I don't have a rom on my SD card and I am stuck in a boot loop what do I do?

A. You need to make sure you have a working adb setup along with all proper fastboot and device drivers installed. Place the rom you wish to flash in the root of the adb folder.

• Make sure phone is in recovery mode and that it is plugged into the computer.
  • Open a command prompt and cd to the directory of the adb folder. ( or simply hold the shift key and right click your adb folder and choose to open command windows here)
  • now type: adb push (rom.zip) /sdcard/ (replace the (rom.zip) with the entire name of the rom.zip.)

Quote:

Q. How come fast charge is not working or its enabled but not working?

A. Answer is simple, The roms stock kernel doesn't allow for fast charge. you may simply flash Franco kernel and or any other 4.2.1 kernel that supports to to gain functionality.

Quote:

Q. Can I dirty flash (flash ROM without wipe)?

A Yes you may flash the ROM without wiping. YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH GAPPS. We don't recommend doing this but if you are pressed for time or its just too difficult then have at it. We will not support complaints from those that choose to go this route.

Warez Removed

Quote:

Q. Somebody know, how to disable waking up phone by pressing volume button?I dont like this feature.

A. Menu>settings>display>enable then disable the volume key MOD

Quote:

Q. Where are my Chrono settings for weather and clock?
A. Menu>System Settings>Display>Clock widget

Quote:

Q. Are the round widgets shown in the OP contained in the ROM? If not, are they available anywhere? Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a lockscreen widget. When I go into the Chronus settings, there are settings for the clock, weather and calendar widgets, but I can only add the clock widget to my device.

A. OK the widget is not included but called one more clock widget. To apply the clock. Lock the screen then place your finger on the clock and slide down till you reach the lock icon or the white outline is the write screen amd let go. Then long press the clock ad delete it. Then click the add widget . After you enabled everything in display then go to chrono in the options onthe lockscreen (the + sign from earlier) and add it. To add muliple widgets then slide down on clock to fill screen then swipe left or right.

Quote:

Q. What is fast charge? what does it do for me? How do I get it to work?
A.

• Fast charge is a option baked into the kernel that doesn't allow the phone to be mounted to the pc.
  • Keeps computer from mounting your sd card everytime its plugged in.
  • You need to install a kernel that supports it. Stock XennonHD doesn't allow for this. I suggest using Franco Kernel. found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1367341

Quote:

Q. What gapps do i install on this rom? I installed the gapps from ice not all my apps are there?
A.

Quote:

Q. How to create a log cat
A. the code for logcat to output to a file is

Quote:

adb logcat > name of problem.txt
you can also do

Quote:

adb logcat -f name of problem.txt
how I prefer to do it is this way

:

Quote:

adb logcat -v long > name of problem.txt
with the -v flag & the long argument, it changes output to long style, which means every line of logcat will be on its own line (makes it a little neater, imo)
Note: When outputting to a file, you will see a newline, but nothing printed, this is normal. To stop logcat from writting to a file, you need to press ctrl+c.

Here's where using logcat (via adb makes life really easy)
Lets say you find a problem you're having after looking at a logcat.

For example:
When I was trying to use a different ramdisk, wifi wouldn't work so I got a logcat that's almost 1300 lines long (a lot of stuff happens in the background)

So if you are searching for an error in the logcat file (it's always e/ for error, f/ for fatal. Those are the two main things that will break a system.)

Quote:

D/dalvikvm( 871): GC_CONCURRENT freed 472K, 6% free 10224K/10823K, paused 1ms+6ms
V/AmazonAppstore.DiskInspectorServiceImpl( 871): Available blocks: 21981, Block size: 4096, Free: 90034176, Threshold: 5242880, withinThreshold? true
D/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): Received action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
W/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): Confused about why I'm running with this intent action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
D/dalvikvm( 890): GC_CONCURRENT freed 175K, 4% free 9375K/9671K, paused 2ms+3ms
V/AmazonAppstore.ReferenceCounter( 871): Reference (MASLoggerDB) count has gone to 0. Closing referenced object.
E/WifiStateMachine( 203): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): runUpdateCommand doInBackground started.
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): Running UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateCommand( 871): Not updating key: digitalLocker from: 1334228488057
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): Finished UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService( 871): Running UpdateCommand: serviceConfig
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB( 871): performLogMetric: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onC reate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB( 871): onBackgroundTaskSucceeded: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onC reate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
W/CommandListener( 118): Failed to retrieve HW addr for eth0 (No such device)
D/CommandListener( 118): Setting iface cfg
D/NetworkManagementService( 203): rsp
D/NetworkManagementService( 203): flags
E/WifiStateMachine( 203): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native daemon to interface setcfg - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface setcfg eth0 0.0.0.0 0 [down]} failed with code 400 : {Failed to set address (No such device)}
W/PackageParser( 203): Unknown element under : supports-screen at /mnt/asec/com.android.aldiko-1/pkg.apk Binary XML file line #16
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): wpa_supplicant v0.8.x
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): random: Trying to read entropy from /dev/random
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): Configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): Reading configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): ctrl_interface='eth0'
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): update_config=1
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): Line: 4 - start of a new network block
D/wpa_supplicant( 930): key_mgmt: 0x4
(mind you, that's 29 lines out of 1300ish, just for example)

I then could do the following with logcat:

Quote:

adb logcat WifiStateMachine:E *:S -v long > name of problem.txt
and this will only print out any errors associated with WifiStateMachine, and anything which is fatal, which makes it about a million times easier to figure out what's going on!

In WifiStateMachine:E, the :E = to look for Errors, the full list of options is as follows:
V — Verbose (lowest priority)
D — Debug
I — Info (default priority)
W — Warning
E — Error
F — Fatal
S — Silent (highest priority, on which nothing is ever printed)

You can replace the :E with any other letter from above to get more info.
In order to filter out anything other than what you are looking for (in this case, WifiStateMachine) you must put a *:S after your last command (i.e. WifiStateMachine:E ThemeChoose:V ... ... AndroidRuntime:E *:S)

Quote:

Q. I am in the download section but what rom is for my device?
A.

• Crespo- nexus S
  • Grouper- Nexus 7
  • Maguro- gsm galaxy nexus t-mobile
  • Mako- galaxy nexus 4
  • Toro- Galaxy nexus Verizon Wireless
  • Toro Plus- sprint galaxy nexus

==================================================

Quote:

Important please read
Quote:

I. Appreciation

There are many ways to show your support to us. You can:
Press the "Thanks" button.
Hit the donation button and help support the team
Wear our specially prepared banner
Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in our threads.
Advertise our work to your friends, family, anyone who owns this device.
Rate our threads with 5 stars.

We appreciate all the support you give us, but we don't expect anything

Quote:

II. Sharing

XDA-Developers.com is all about sharing. If you would like to use any part of our work, please feel free to do so but remember to do the following beforehand:
Inform - Please send us a PM or email telling us
Permission - Please, if you do not have permission from us, don't use it. Most of the time, we will allow you to, but if you don't get our permission first, we will report.
Credits - No one wants their work stolen. Please remember to give proper credits when using our work.

Quote:

:
III. Support

If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to post them in the our threads. However, because all of us have social lives outside of XDA, your questions may not always be answered right away. Members who are more experienced in our work, please help out the ones who don't.
If you want to get the fastest and the best answer - ask the question in our threads instead of PM'ing us. Chances are, other users will be able to help you when Team Members don't have the time to.

Quote:

IV. Updates

We are a busy team! Every Team Member has lives outside of XDA. You cannot expect us to sit in front of the computer all day and develop Android. Please do not ask for ETA's. The update will come when we release it. Sometimes, there is a good reason for why we have not released an update in a while. Please be patient with us, we will do as we promise. Updates will come.

Quote:

V. Responsibilities

We are not responsible for your device! We do not guarantee that everything will work the way it's supposed to. Not every device is created equal, what might work on our devices may not work on yours or vice versa. Please be a responsible person when it comes to flashing. This is a mature site, don't act immaturely when your device becomes problematic. If you cry and blame us for "destroying" your device, we will laugh at you. Your device is your responsibility, act like it.
Thanks for choosing Team Horizon, we hope you enjoy our works as much as we enjoy working with them.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Tha Maxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tha Maxx Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 02:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

More
MOD Section
Quote:

This is going to be a section where I post add ons for this ROM. Enjoy!

<---------https://img.xda-cdn.com/zTRxSO2r-oJ1axu78Lc9FGn2c4o=/http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F44672998%2Fsupporter.png

Quote:

Quote:

My Dev-Host Account With All The Add On Downloads!
http://goo.gl/4rscI

Quote:

Invered Gapps! 4.2.1
CLICK ME

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tha Maxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tha Maxx Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 02:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

More
HELP!
Please Help Contribute To This Project. Either Post Question With Answer and I Will Add To OP or PM Me The Stoofz

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tha Maxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tha Maxx Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 03:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Great idea Tory, You have been a real asset to the team, thanks for all you do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to adam80460 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adam80460 Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 05:28 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I'm transferring this topic from the main page. I'm running 1.5 for Toro and had issues with WiFi tether. I dirty flashed from the prior version. I was running Franco 356. I wiped and restored 12-22 then dirty flashed again to 1.5. This time I'm still running the included kernel. I tested WiFi tether and it seems to work. Thusly, I think the issues may be related to Franco 356. Anybody got WiFi tether working with Franco?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
31st December 2012, 05:55 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy1

I'm transferring this topic from the main page. I'm running 1.5 for Toro and had issues with WiFi tether. I dirty flashed from the prior version. I was running Franco 356. I wiped and restored 12-22 then dirty flashed again to 1.5. This time I'm still running the included kernel. I tested WiFi tether and it seems to work. Thusly, I think the issues may be related to Franco 356. Anybody got WiFi tether working with Franco?

I am on latest franco and fixing to test wifi tether. hold (on gsm tho)
31st December 2012, 05:59 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

More
Quote:

I was able to connect wifi tether and usb tether with the latest franco. Keep in mind that I ALWAYS WIPE before flashing any updates to iron out those pesky little bugs.
31st December 2012, 06:03 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xy mAn1Ac

I was able to connect wifi tether and usb tether with the latest franco. Keep in mind that I ALWAYS WIPE before flashing any updates to iron out those pesky little bugs.

OK, good to know. I'll flash Franco and if it is still broken, I'll clean flash 1.5 followed by an update to Franco.

The Following User Says Thank You to crispy1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crispy1 Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 06:29 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pr0xy┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

More
Quote:

OK, good to know. I'll flash Franco and if it is still broken, I'll clean flash 1.5 followed by an update to Franco.

Please keep us posted on your progress. let me know if I can help.
31st December 2012, 07:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quick Unlock
Is quick unlock working? It has not worked for me for a while, but I saw one person say it works. I have done a full wipe with each version. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to crowax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crowax Ad-Free
31st December 2012, 07:47 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xy mAn1Ac

Please keep us posted on your progress. let me know if I can help.

I reflashed clean and am still unable to connect. Still on default kernel. I can see the network but I cannot connect even without security. Tried both an iPad and an Android tablet. Blue tooth tether works but that us too slow. I'm out of options. This is a show stopper for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)