A bit of history: when 5.1 released, I was impressed by the memory management fixes it brought us - it's a lot better than 5.0 was. Since I use my phone heavily, mostly for texting with multiple apps, it was clear that I couldn't go back to 5.0 anymore - however, there were no feature-filled 5.1 ROMs yet, so an idea popped into my mind: why not create one? This is how the first version of ZMoD born.
- RRO theming support
- screenshots: quick delete action
- configurable wakeup on charger connect
- configurable volume button wake
- advanced reboot
- show application's package name in the "App info" screen
- statusbar clock and date customizations
- option to hide USB debugging icon
- clock and time clickable in statusbar
- battery icon customizations
- alarm clock: increasing volume option
- alarm clock: flip and shake actions
- materialized gallery, calendar, browser and sms (not fully done yet) app
- material default wallpaper
- swipe in AOSP keyboard
- battery and notification light customizations
First time flashing ZMoD to your maguro (or coming from another ROM)?
Unlock & install a recoveryUpdating from a previous build?
Wipe data & cache partitions
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Just install the latest ROM zip. If you had Google Apps installed, you need to re-flash it as well.
Latest build: see the downloads section.
Google Apps: [URL="http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps[/URL] (CM12.1) or any other gapps package for 5.1
- thin purple line(s) on the edge of some recorded videos
ZMoD, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Ziyan, MWisBest, freshgiammi, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
Source Code: https://github.com/ZMoD-R
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2016-02-12