Marshmallow - Android 6.0
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
The latest builds & changelogs are available at
Google Apps can be found at http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=pico - beware that only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes! Also, starting from M, it's recommended to install gapps before the initial boot so the permissions are properly set up.
- Sometimes, quiet speaker pop sounds can be heard at the beginning and/or end of some audio streams (ie. touch sounds - the workaround is to disable them). For some reason, this isn't affecting everyone.
- Report back anything else you find which isn't listed here
Does this ROM supports F2FS?
- Yes, on /data and /cache - although /cache F2FS support might get removed in the future, as it's worthless.
Does this ROM uses DDK 1.9?
- Yes, with all the camera issues (ie. pink lines, rare crashes) resolved.
Why does the initial boot take so long, and where are my live wallpapers?!
- To make room on the system partition for the (bigger) M gapps packages, I had to sacrifice dexpreopt and the live wallpapers. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes.
Will you release newer ZMoD builds or something?
- Yes, as soon as the memory optimizations are finalized and I find enough time...
Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this (:
LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Ziyan, MWisBest, Android-Andi, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Last Updated 2018-12-30