[ACS] Return to stock using Odin

Search This thread

puertorecon

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My Bad!

First,...I really want to say thank you to "mskip", "QBKing77", "shabbypenguin", "davidrules7778" and whoever I forgot to mention. All of you guys have been a great help. Also, the "Sprint Team"!!!(Seriously)!

Second,...I have been working alot in the past with my Epic 4G. I have done so much with that phone. I would love to become a developer myself. I will donate as soon as I can. Much Thanks!!

Third,...I actually bricked my Galaxy Nexus. Lucky the team at Sprint took great care of me with no questions. They couldn't even "unbrick" my Nexus. I got a spankin' brand new GNex. Sorry Sprint team, for the "white lie",...I didn't want to lie. I just didn't want to be turned away "warrantee-less" and a "plastic brick" . Please forgive me. I am truly Sorry.

I take full blame for my stupid mistake. I just jumped in thinking that I knew what I was doing,...without making a back up. I love this forum and the videos that all of you make. You make this process of rooting much easier.

Peace and God Bless you all.
THE DRAGON

Reactions: BeerChameleon

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
First,...I really want to say thank you to "mskip", "QBKing77", "shabbypenguin", "davidrules7778" and whoever I forgot to mention. All of you guys have been a great help. Also, the "Sprint Team"!!!(Seriously)!

Second,...I have been working alot in the past with my Epic 4G. I have done so much with that phone. I would love to become a developer myself. I will donate as soon as I can. Much Thanks!!

Third,...I actually bricked my Galaxy Nexus. Lucky the team at Sprint took great care of me with no questions. They couldn't even "unbrick" my Nexus. I got a spankin' brand new GNex. Sorry Sprint team, for the "white lie",...I didn't want to lie. I just didn't want to be turned away "warrantee-less" and a "plastic brick" . Please forgive me. I am truly Sorry.

I take full blame for my stupid mistake. I just jumped in thinking that I knew what I was doing,...without making a back up. I love this forum and the videos that all of you make. You make this process of rooting much easier.

Peace and God Bless you all.
THE DRAGON

Hey man no worries, we all make mistakes and learn from them, i have soft bricked my epic, have numerous errors, force closes and a full brick which i had to goto sprint too if you can't fix your phone with an odin flash and it doesn't turn on at all then a "white lie at sprint is all you can do"

Here is a thanks ;)

Naezor

Aug 10, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
By the way, most of the time the Sprint techs know that you bricked it by screwing around with it. :cool: We can see it in your eyes. ;)

fr0st

Jan 12, 2007
I seem to be stuck.. Here is the output windows

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> recovery.img
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> system.img

Its been like that for 10 minutes. Any suggestions?

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
By the way, most of the time the Sprint techs know that you bricked it by screwing around with it. :cool: We can see it in your eyes. ;)

Yes maybe the techs but not the sales rep and I never talk to a tech person I tell white lie to sales rep leave phone to sales rep to get looked at and fixed but they can't fix a brick come back new or refurbished phone us there :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

fr0st

Jan 12, 2007
I seem to be stuck.. Here is the output windows

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> recovery.img
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> system.img

Its been like that for 10 minutes. Any suggestions?

False alarm, I had a bad download. All seems to be well now. :D

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Hey Anon9mouz,...just wondering if you got back to stock? and,..if you can guide me on how you did it? Thanks. I am stuck on this screen,....View attachment 1025753

This is what happened to me before I realized it was a bad tar file. So I downloaded a new one and its working. I hope this helps someone else..

siptang

Oct 30, 2008
Forrt Lauderdale
After I used this, I see unlocked lock on the bottom of the screen when you start the phone. Any way to get rid of this?

Found out that it unlocks my bootloader. I have to return this phone to sprint tomorrow and my laptop refuses to recognizes the phone with fast boot... what can I do in this case?

Last edited:

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
After I used this, I see unlocked lock on the bottom of the screen when you start the phone. Any way to get rid of this?

Found out that it unlocks my bootloader. I have to return this phone to sprint tomorrow and my laptop refuses to recognizes the phone with fast boot... what can I do in this case?

Flash again with Odin and this time check the box that says Flash Lock. It'll relock the bootloader.

Makaveli17042

Sep 16, 2010
Need Help

I've been trying to get this to work all evening and have thus far been unsuccessful. I have followed all the listed instruction and I've tried even tried dig up additional information to see if I can solve the problem myself... but have found nothing to help me. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

The problem is... after following all the instructions outlined, when I Hold Volume Down + Power, I an unable to enter download mode. I am how ever able to enter into regular boot recovery mode.

my bootloader is unlocked, and I did download the driver and went through the installation process. However I do get this Driver installation notice that says
OMAP4440 - Device Driver was not successfully installed. I've tried installing several times, but when I plug the phone in, I get the same message "Please consult your device manufacture for assistance getting this device installed. OMAP4440 Device unplugged".

Last edited:

mattallica76

Jun 29, 2010
Hanover, Pa
I've been trying to get this to work all evening and have thus far been unsuccessful. I have followed all the listed instruction and I've tried even tried dig up additional information to see if I can solve the problem myself... but have found nothing to help me. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

The problem is... after following all the instructions outlined, when I Hold Volume Down + Power, I an unable to enter download mode. I am how ever able to enter into regular boot recovery mode.

my bootloader is unlocked, and I did download the driver and went through the installation process. However I do get this Driver installation notice that says
OMAP4440 - Device Driver was not successfully installed. I've tried installing several times, but when I plug the phone in, I get the same message "Please consult your device manufacture for assistance getting this device installed. OMAP4440 Device unplugged".

Once you get into download mode, plug the phone into your PC and the driver should install itself. To get into download mode, hold volume down and then press power long enough to feel the phone vibrate, then immediately release the power button (while still holding volume down). If you hold the power button too long it will not enter download mode.

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
updated acs post with the official sprint exe flasher, its in a zip to save space but you install it and then run it like any other program and it will walk ya through odin etc.

figured id put it up for anyone having issues doing it themselves :)

iil

Dec 14, 2010
Will sprint flasher return us to actual stock where we can flash updates or just pretend stock?

iil

Dec 14, 2010
Well - I think we can confirm this does not return the phone to actual stock.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
the stock tar does, its the lte modem taht is different. these files are pulled straight from sprint service center, so clearly samsung has some s'plainin to do. for now everyones phone works, im already working on getting the fd02 tar but its not a snap your fingers and tada crap.

the error comes from samsung/sprint on this one, the lte modem that came with the phone is different than the one in the tar. mind you this will effect everyone who has their phones flashed by samsung as well

i personally dont see the need for this ZOMG I NEED TO HAS UPDATE mentality. there is a modified zip that installs everything but the lte patch (that part will fail assuming you flashed this of fd01). so by using that zip you get everything you could possibly want/need right now, unless someone has lte and wants to see if there is a speed increase?

Last edited:
Reactions: jesusice and iil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shabbypenguin
    presents to you

Return your Sprint Galaxy Nexus to stock

Ok, so basically these files will allow you to mess your phone up real bad and still be able to recover. this is the same software provided to you on your sprint galaxy nexus when you first purchased it :)

make sure you give your thanks to teh truly awesome anonymous source who remains ****ing kickass. without him it would not have been possible to do this for you guys anyways to teh nitty gritty

1) Read this entire post then move to step 2
    2) Download Odin
    3) Open Odin
    4) Load the tars
    5) power off your device
    6) Hold Volume Down + Power to enter download mode
    7) Connect the device
    8) click start :)

If you need to know how, please watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxEh0M2E44

Warning!!! this will wipe your entire device clean, you will lose all pictures videos etc by using odin.
    Due to the new hosting links and MD5's will be available on shabbypenguin.com :)

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=Sprint_Galaxy_Nexus has all the odin tars and fastboot images :)
    Awesome.. I'll get a how to video up soon :)
    Thread stickied! Nice job!
    Hey guys, you might notice that the link is down and you cant download, thats due to the high volume of traffic i have on my website. 1and1 has locked my account and asked me to upgrade to a server (thats not gunna happen), or find a way to cut down on my average 10TB of bandwidth each day.

As such ill re-upload these files ASAP to a second hosting as soon as i can, in the meantime my apologies for the inconvenience.

edit: links are back up :)