[ACS] Return to stock using Odin

Search This thread

poontab

Thanks for the files.

I was particularlly interested in both radio.img for testing on VZW toro. It's strange that no matter what I tried I would get "remote write failed" fastboot errors. Have any Sprint toroplus users used fastboot with the radio.img files yet?

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
I have the screen with the Phone and Monitor,...with the yellow sign with the exclamation mark on it. If any one knows,...I will deeply appriciate it. I am beat,...a very long day. Sorry,...being a rude. Let me know how I can solve this issue. And,...you guys are the best. Thank you for the Odin package. Thank you very much. P.S.....what spots do we put the tar files in? And,...I am hoping I didn't brick it.

im with him i would like to know what slots to put these two in too bc in the epic 4g touch thread they spoiled us with odins that were one click so its been a while lol :D

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
i am not a fan of odin one clicks, many of samsungs phones dont work with that setup. everything should work whjen put in the pda tar slot :)

flash both radio image files with:

fastboot flash radio imagefilegoeshere.img

and youll flash both img files like that :)

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
this will wipe your entire phone, everything will be gone. if you flash a verizon rom youll be without data due to missing parts. this is for restoring to complete stock :)

altho to be fair i dont believe this will relock the bootloader

By default it shouldn't lock the bootloader but there should be a checkbox that says "Flash Lock". If you check that it will lock the bootloader too.

puertorecon

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good Morning,...I have spent 3 days trying to get my Nexus back to stock. I just hope that someone can help me. I have a pic of the screen tha I get. If it is at all possible to get this back,...I would send some donation thier way. Thanks for all your input. 20120426_080439.jpg

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Hey Anon9mouz,...just wondering if you got back to stock? and,..if you can guide me on how you did it? Thanks. I am stuck on this screen,....View attachment 1025753

I can try to help:
1. Did u put the tar in the pda slot?
2. Do I have the correct drivers installed?
3. Try different usb ports and cables
4. Try restarting the computer and or device

5. Uninstall or reinstall the drivers

6. Or flash the img in fast boot

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
I can try to help:
1. Did u put the tar in the pda slot?
2. Do I have the correct drivers installed?
3. Try different usb ports and cables
4. Try restarting the computer and or device

5. Uninstall or reinstall the drivers

6. Or flash the img in fast boot

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I put the tar that's actually to reflash phone in the pda slot and lte in the phone slot and all is well even tho I didn't really check lte but all should be well. Let us know if u have ne problems.

Fyi shabby ur **** fixed my fried radio, if only u released this before I ordered a new phone lol. Well like I always said if u got Odin then u have a working phone.

Edit: just make sure u do a battery pull and get to download mode if u can. Volume down + power then use the Odin

Last edited:

puertorecon

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The issue is I can"t get to Odin (Download) mode or fastboot mode. How did you get the screen in the pic I posted earlier today? I really apprieciate your help,...from all of you guys.

Last edited:

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com
The issue is I can"t get to Odin (Download) mode or fastboot mode. How did you get the screen in the pic I posted earlier today? I really apprieciate your help,...from all of you guys.

I didn't get that screen I just fried my radio idk. If u cant do a battery pull to get to dl mode or fastboot or even recovery u might just be screwed and have to get a new phone... Shabby can u scheme in bc i could be wrong but idk. I tried sorrie :(

LancerEVA06

May 5, 2010
Chicago
Ok, since I don't/wont use Odin, and at 1 point I may need to flash a radio....

What are the commands to flash cdma and lte radios via fastboot?

Like on the NS4G it was just:

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Ok, since I don't/wont use Odin, and at 1 point I may need to flash a radio....

What are the commands to flash cdma and lte radios via fastboot?

Like on the NS4G it was just:

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img

Fastboot commands are not phone specific. Same commands, different file names.

LancerEVA06

May 5, 2010
Chicago
Fastboot commands are not phone specific. Same commands, different file names.

I know it's not phone specific. However, on my Nexus One and S, it was what I referenced. However on my Evo it was "fastboot flash wimax wimax.img" for the 4G radio. I just figured there would be 2 different memory spaces that would be typed in, unless the phone itself figures the difference between CDMA and LTE radios and put them in the proper places.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
No,...Is there a way to reset the download mode? I remember that I had this same screen on my Epic 4G. And, their was a way out of it. I am trying to look for the way to do it.

try pulling your battery holding volume down and power and then put your battery back in, it might be enough to get you into download mode :) if you cant get into download still try to get at least into fastboot

I know it's not phone specific. However, on my Nexus One and S, it was what I referenced. However on my Evo it was "fastboot flash wimax wimax.img" for the 4G radio. I just figured there would be 2 different memory spaces that would be typed in, unless the phone itself figures the difference between CDMA and LTE radios and put them in the proper places.

yes flash both as radio it tells them apart :)

Reactions: myepicyear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shabbypenguin
    presents to you

Return your Sprint Galaxy Nexus to stock

Ok, so basically these files will allow you to mess your phone up real bad and still be able to recover. this is the same software provided to you on your sprint galaxy nexus when you first purchased it :)

make sure you give your thanks to teh truly awesome anonymous source who remains ****ing kickass. without him it would not have been possible to do this for you guys anyways to teh nitty gritty

1) Read this entire post then move to step 2
    2) Download Odin
    3) Open Odin
    4) Load the tars
    5) power off your device
    6) Hold Volume Down + Power to enter download mode
    7) Connect the device
    8) click start :)

If you need to know how, please watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esxEh0M2E44

Warning!!! this will wipe your entire device clean, you will lose all pictures videos etc by using odin.
    Due to the new hosting links and MD5's will be available on shabbypenguin.com :)

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=Sprint_Galaxy_Nexus has all the odin tars and fastboot images :)
    Awesome.. I'll get a how to video up soon :)
    Thread stickied! Nice job!
    Hey guys, you might notice that the link is down and you cant download, thats due to the high volume of traffic i have on my website. 1and1 has locked my account and asked me to upgrade to a server (thats not gunna happen), or find a way to cut down on my average 10TB of bandwidth each day.

As such ill re-upload these files ASAP to a second hosting as soon as i can, in the meantime my apologies for the inconvenience.

edit: links are back up :)