FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 9 RC1 (and nightly builds) for Sprint Galaxy Nexus

312 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,091

By wtogami, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th April 2012, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Official CM9 RC1: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.4
The CyanogenMod team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 for Sprint Galaxy Nexus.

CM9 RC1 Release Notes [Feedback] [Nightly Builds]

News
  • Official builds like RC1 are for those who desire stability. Nightly builds are also available for the more adventurous.
  • Report bugs in CM9 RC1 in CyanogenMod's Issue Tracker.

Follow and Communicate
  • Follow us on Google+ for the latest news about CM development for this phone.
Special thanks to CyanogenMod developers and bigrushdog (teameos) for making this release possible!
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to wtogami For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wtogami Ad-Free

29th April 2012, 01:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
googled it really quickly, didnt find an answer. What's the difference between snapshots and nightlies?
29th April 2012, 01:56 AM |#3  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

More
flashing now

You guys have me busy
29th April 2012, 02:19 AM |#4  

More
So, the other build, the unofficial one in this forum has a navigation bar mod going on where you can add an extra function like search and make the menu button persistant and some other stuff...That's not in the official CM9 build? Will it be added?
29th April 2012, 02:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patass

googled it really quickly, didnt find an answer. What's the difference between snapshots and nightlies?

Snapshots are tested and named builds like this alpha1 release for those who desire more assurance. Nightly builds are also available for the more adventurous.
The Following User Says Thank You to gr33nd3vil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr33nd3vil Ad-Free
29th April 2012, 02:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,053

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patass

So, the other build, the unofficial one in this forum has a navigation bar mod going on where you can add an extra function like search and make the menu button persistant and some other stuff...That's not in the official CM9 build? Will it be added?

No its not. It will be added though once it gets approved and merged.
29th April 2012, 02:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thank you! Downloading now.
29th April 2012, 02:33 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Need I say more? fd01 leaked radios, check. working google wallet, check. All the cm9 my taste buds cant resist, eh.. Thanks for this... amazing so far
29th April 2012, 02:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Edit: nevermind.

GPS works, MMS and SMS works for send/receive, all looks good except compass is backwards.

Using FD01 radio, CM9 kernel and now franco kernel milestone 3.
Well done!

Edit: compass isn't just backwards, it's all over the place even with calibration in GPS Status/waving it around/etc. Dialer doesn't vibrate when touching keys (can't find any settings for this in Dialer or Settings/Sounds).
29th April 2012, 02:46 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winner00

No its not. It will be added though once it gets approved and merged.

sweet thanks. I just installed i dont even know how many apps and i'm not getting the reboots or shut offs i was earlier today with the unofficial rom...however I also flashed back to stock via odin and re-rooted so maybe that did it >_>

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody42

Anyone missing their gallery? Says app not installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

mine's there
29th April 2012, 03:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,617

More
This thing is freaky fast, had my gnex less than a day and have CM9 on it, and it's running SUPER FAST, hopefully battery lasts just as long...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)