Alternate apps for Google Music

Search This thread

warlock257

Dec 10, 2011
Hi

I just got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday. I was going from a phone that had an sd card slot that I could put my music on. I figured I could live with the less hard disc space because I can stream my music from Google music.

That seems to work fine, but the music app is a little light on features. It's not horrible, but coming from Power Amp, it's a little basic.

Is there any other apps that can stream from google music, and have more features, like EQ and such.

Thanks

artvandelay440

Feb 8, 2011
Google music still has a private API, so no other app can stream from it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kyokeun1234

Sep 25, 2011
Niagara Falls ON Canada
If you use iTunes too, try double twist. Features are alright and it syncs with your iTunes musics including the playlist :D that was great coming from the guy who had iPod touch. You can also sync it via wifi but that's extra 5 bucks...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

G

GuestK0097

Hi

I just got my Galaxy Nexus yesterday. I was going from a phone that had an sd card slot that I could put my music on. I figured I could live with the less hard disc space because I can stream my music from Google music.

That seems to work fine, but the music app is a little light on features. It's not horrible, but coming from Power Amp, it's a little basic.

Is there any other apps that can stream from google music, and have more features, like EQ and such.

Thanks

The Google music app has an equalizer! Just click on the 3dots in the upper right corner when you are in the play screen ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
I found Google Music to be very lacking. I uploaded all my music to Amazon and haven't looked back since. Best cloud player and music store for sure. Plus, if you buy just one album per year you get unlimited music storage free (no yearly fee)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

fcisco13

Jul 10, 2010
houston
I found Google Music to be very lacking. I uploaded all my music to Amazon and haven't looked back since. Best cloud player and music store for sure. Plus, if you buy just one album per year you get unlimited music storage free (no yearly fee)

Sounds interesting, difference between both?

G NEXUS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cant believe that Subsonic has not been mentioned here yet.

There are some very very nice features of Subsonic that Google Music does not match.
    http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp

Before I get into why I use subsonic more than I use Google music, I should make sure it will work for you. Im a bit of a geek and have more than my fair share of technology sitting around.
    Subsonic is not a hosted service by Subsonic themselves, meaning you will need to host the server yourself or join one of Subsonic's hosting partners to do it for you. There prices are actually pretty decent. Hosting your own subsonic server is pretty easy though, the server is fairly straight forward to setup and you will just need to forward what ever port number you choose in your router. The server even gives you a DDNS (dynamic domain name system) because changes are you dont have a static IP address, meaning getting to your server is as easy as http://name.subsonic.org:8800

Now here is why I really like subsonic.
    1. Multiple user accounts, which means your friends and family can stream from your server with no limitation on the number of users streaming, short of your available bandwidth.
    2. Create and edit playlists. These playlists can be seen by any user who has access to the server.
    3. Single files, albums or entire discographies can be upload or downloaded via the web-interface.
    4. The ability to share an album file or playlist with anyone, even users that dont have an account on your server. - Lets say you are the friend with the massive music collection and your friend is throwing a party. All you need to do is create a party playlist and share a link with them. When they open the link (flash needed) the entire playlist is at their disposal.
    5. Not just for music. Subsonic has a transcoder for music and video.
    6. A large list of compatible players on just about every platform. iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Roku, Windows, OSX, blackberry, webOS, Sonos and even Chumby...
    7. Store access of up to 3 different servers on the Android client.

Hope you find this helpful.