FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Changing icons in the drawer

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By qamrij, Member on 9th March 2012, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Weel hello guys yesterday i downloaded the icon set from this section and decided to change them in the system apps apk.
Replacing the icons in the apk was not too difficult but now i have a problem, i mean i changed the Phone.apk icon and everytime i push it on the phone in the drawer i always see the old default icon and dunno how to change it.
But if u go to the path with root explorer, i see the changed icon in the description of the apk here are images to help analizing my prob.

I mean why it doesn't change the icons in the drawer???

9th March 2012, 08:27 PM |#2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,706

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qamrij

Weel hello guys yesterday i downloaded the icon set from this section and decided to change them in the system apps apk.
Replacing the icons in the apk was not too difficult but now i have a problem, i mean i changed the Phone.apk icon and everytime i push it on the phone in the drawer i always see the old default icon and dunno how to change it.
But if u go to the path with root explorer, i see the changed icon in the description of the apk here are images to help analizing my prob.

I mean why it doesn't change the icons in the drawer???

there are typically two places that the icon needs to be changed. the place you are looking for, depending on apk, that needs to be changed is located in
res\drawable-xhdpi

for apps that do not have a drawable-xhdpi, you need to look in
res\drawable-hdpi
9th March 2012, 08:30 PM |#3  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 934

Donate to Me
More
You need the change the images in the res/mipmap folder

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
9th March 2012, 08:47 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Milano

More
will give it a try soon guys and will update coz ive have just formatted the pc right now
9th March 2012, 09:33 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Milano

More
Ok guys ive looked in the folder there is only one place where i found the ic_launcher_phone.png file it was in drawable-xhdpi and changed it with my own custom png. there is not any other place where is some thing like that or the original icon. and it still does not change in the drawer. its looks like that the drawer has its own icons no matter what i change.
9th March 2012, 10:14 PM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok guys ive looked in the folder there is only one place where i found the ic_launcher_phone.png file it was in drawable-xhdpi and changed it with my own custom png. there is not any other place where is some thing like that or the original icon. and it still does not change in the drawer. its looks like that the drawer has its own icons no matter what i change.

that's because you're prob looking in the Phone.apk. you would think that would be the correct place, but Google has (at least since 2.2?) associated the ic_launcher_phone.png app image with the Contacts.apk. so that's why it's not changing

open Contacts.apk and navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi and you'll see an ic_launcher_phone.png
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrvirginia Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 10:54 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Milano

More
omg i love you XD ur wright also in the contact app there is the same png ill try to change it there and see what happens thank you will post when ill try man thank you
9th March 2012, 11:16 PM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

omg i love you XD ur wright also in the contact app there is the same png ill try to change it there and see what happens thank you will post when ill try man thank you

np mate! glad i could help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)