Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Creative uses for NFC tags

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By angelino0919, Senior Member on 15th January 2012, 10:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I figure we should start a thread of all the creative things that you guys are doing with your NFC tags. You should list what you are using them for and what apps you are using to make them work.

15th January 2012, 10:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 490

More
A simple bedtime tag...sets volume to 40%, turns on Night Clock app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redflea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Redflea Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 12:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
I made a tag for use with Tasker profile to punch in and out of work, then it adds it to my google calendar when I punch out. Better than my previous solution: post-its.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to watso4183 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift watso4183 Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 02:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea

A simple bedtime tag...sets volume to 40%, turns on Night Clock app.

What software do you use for this?
16th January 2012, 03:13 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblantipodi

What software do you use for this?

NFC Task Launcher...found it in this forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19614002

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redflea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Redflea Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 03:25 AM |#6  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Also found on Android Market

Skickat från min ASUS Eee Pad TF101
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q.Entity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Q.Entity Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 03:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
this is still a WIP but i wanted to make a tag where it would turn on the app for the griffin wifi to ir bridge and send a command to turn on my tv,amp,xbox all over ir

should be easy im just waiting for the griffin bridge and the nfc tag...
16th January 2012, 04:38 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Wish I could use NFC to unlock my door or pay my subway fare.
The Following User Says Thank You to SwiftLegend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SwiftLegend Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 06:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
there are ir auto door locks where you can open your door with a ir remote like a car remote... so what you do is you get a wifi to ir griffin box and you setup a nfc tag outside of your house and there you go lol...
16th January 2012, 07:08 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I've used NFC Tag Launcher to turn the POS Verizon car dock into something better: Launch Car Home, disable wifi, enable bluetooth, adjust ring, notification, and media volumes, and then to play a clip of Jim Gaffigan screaming "BAAAACOOOON!" to let me know everything has been set. I've still got a handful tags, so I'm looking forward to finding something new with them.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dmonzel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmonzel Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 07:42 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonzel

I've used NFC Tag Launcher to turn the POS Verizon car dock into something better: Launch Car Home, disable wifi, enable bluetooth, adjust ring, notification, and media volumes, and then to play a clip of Jim Gaffigan screaming "BAAAACOOOON!" to let me know everything has been set. I've still got a handful tags, so I'm looking forward to finding something new with them.

Is there a way to have a tag be a toggle? I'd like my nightstand tag to put my phone into night mode when i tap it at night, and then put it back into day mode when I tap it a second time in the morning.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)