【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】

Search This thread

A Lex and Er

Aug 25, 2010
0-Town, WI
OK, here it is..the framework-res.apk from the official CM9 Nightly.

Can please anyone modify it for "hide nav bar".

Thanks in advance.

OK boshot,
here ya go,
personally I would backup & keep a copy of the original system-res.apk (easy enough already uploaded :) )
Don't forget to install & configure your navigation app of choice before installing the modified system-res, there are three to chose from in this thread, two are in the OP the other a couple of pages back.
Please let me know if it works by hitting the thanks button, and a post if for some bizarre reason it doesn't... I'm not perfect all the time hahawinklol!

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 114

A Lex and Er

Aug 25, 2010
0-Town, WI
saw the videos on this and thats cool but im a simple guy they dont really bother me unless im playing a game and the i like the idea of the look of the stock buttons and the way u can change the look of the buttons as well im just looking for a more natural way of hiding and unhiding them u guys do great work my thoughts on this is that if its more simple and close to a natural look this all the developers can add it in there rom with the ability to change the icons too i have the reflective icons now and it add a since of class to the rom
AOKP B25 has this mod implemented with the ability to turn it on and off. Its their first crack at it so its not perfectly implemented yet but worth checkin' out...
They are workin' on making it function without an app to control the home\recentapps\menu\search soft keys, I think, hardware buttons to control the toggling of nav buttons, again I think... But IDK, I personally like the nav apps like LMT and Button Savior.
Lastly nothing more refined and sexy than having nothing on my home screen other than beautiful wallpapers, clocks, & launcher icons...
Ill head over to screen shots and post my look...
Anyways happy modding!

Reactions: ceoesquad

boshot

Nov 16, 2010
OK boshot,
here ya go,
personally I would backup & keep a copy of the original system-res.apk (easy enough already uploaded :) )
Don't forget to install & configure your navigation app of choice before installing the modified system-res, there are three to chose from in this thread, two are in the OP the other a couple of pages back.
Please let me know if it works by hitting the thanks button, and a post if for some bizarre reason it doesn't... I'm not perfect all the time hahawinklol!

Working perfect... :)
Thanks a lot!

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Reactions: monkey hung

berz

Oct 10, 2010
Bangalore
Has there been any updates to the touch control app one with the arrow on the side ??
i mean its awesome now but it makes the home screen and swiping lag.

nory82688

Jan 8, 2011
South Jersey
OK boshot,
here ya go,
thanks for posting the system-res.apk for the official nightly of cm9, i was just about to start looking around for it when i saw you had already made one ;) thank you for making my day that much easier lol

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Has there been any updates to the touch control app one with the arrow on the side ??
i mean its awesome now but it makes the home screen and swiping lag.
i dont think that the app has been updated (button savior) but have you tried LMT? i use LMT with pie. i dont much care for using the gestures because it becomes quite irritating lol but the "pie" is awesome. its the same pie that would show up if you were to use "quick controls" in the stock android browser, and it doesnt make the UI laggy at all. i suggest if you havent tried it, try it :D

Last edited:

wataru

Dec 22, 2006
Hong Kong
HI, i am using Peter Alfonso' s bugless beast. I try to following the OP's instruction to make the mod framework -res but when i push the modded apk file to system/framework, the phone bootloop...

i dunno what cause this... so can anyone help me with the file?

I try to upload the original apk but as it is larger than 8mb... so can anyone suggest a solution for me?

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Ok, I'm killing myself over this. Does anyone want to become my most favorite person ever and make a flashable zip for 4.0.4?
I've already posted the modified framework for 4.0.4. The post is linked in the first post of this thread. Then find any flashable zip in this thread and replace the apk in that zip with the 4.0.4 one I posted. Easy as pie. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

doubleojon

Jan 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've already posted the modified framework for 4.0.4. The post is linked in the first post of this thread. Then find any flashable zip in this thread and replace the apk in that zip with the 4.0.4 one I posted. Easy as pie. :)

Do you have one that isn't 7zip? That's the problem I'm having.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Do you have one that isn't 7zip? That's the problem I'm having.

You extract the .7zip with 7zip (free program) and then follow the directions I posted. I made it a 7zip because I don't see the point in flashable .zips when adb is easier and faster for me. If I would have put it as a .zip, some people might have tried to flash it.

Anywho, the link below is for a flashable .zip for 4.0.4.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/405475/4.0.4-Stock.zip

Reactions: doubleojon

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone having force close while in lanscape mode navigating to mobile networks in setting.

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

boshot

Nov 16, 2010
Hi, it's me again :)

Can anyone patch the Black Exodus B6 CM9 framework-res, please?

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 6

A Lex and Er

Aug 25, 2010
0-Town, WI
HI, i am using Peter Alfonso' s bugless beast. I try to following the OP's instruction to make the mod framework -res but when i push the modded apk file to system/framework, the phone bootloop...

i dunno what cause this... so can anyone help me with the file?

I try to upload the original apk but as it is larger than 8mb... so can anyone suggest a solution for me?

So I am lookin' at Bugless Beast for the Gnex and only see nightly's, is this correct? And if so I need some way to differentiate the nightly you are on... Without this it is likely you will continue to run into errors (i.e.;bootloops, ect.)
In order to help you, myself or whoever is going to help, needs a direct link to your specific system-res.apk or the exact ROM build it needs to be extracted from...

[Edit] some solutions; file share, dropbox, or PM me for my Gmail...

Last edited:

A Lex and Er

Aug 25, 2010
0-Town, WI
Hi, it's me again :)

Can anyone patch the Black Exodus B6 CM9 framework-res, please?

Give it a go Boshot, same as before if it works give me a thanks if not a post...

I really don't mind but only have so much time, SOOO, for future reference, between these two vids and maybe a few Google searches this is how I figured it out; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494581
It really isn't to hard, a little time and patience, it's no less white knuckled than the first crack at rooting a device...

Anywho happy day bud!

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: boshot

FC1032

Aug 30, 2010
Sydney
Awesome, I actually removed the buttons once by accident (I believe I was trying to change the look of the nav buttons)...

Now I know how to do this :p

Think this will reduce the chances of burn in on the screen! :) thank you!~

Flip35

Oct 20, 2010
florida
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
Dam this mod looks good, I want it soooo bad, I'm running the latest black ice rom, has anybody flashed this over it to knw if it worked, I knw we have the option in the power button to enable it but it doesn't look nothing like this where we can keep it cuz right now I can enable it in the power button but if I have to go back to the previous page I have to get them back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanna make my phone fullscreen to game and any apps
    now,it works ,I m using a gsm galaxy neuxs

video
    button savior

gesture LMT

gesture+pie LMT

--------------------------show pic----------------------------
    Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-09.png

Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-14.png

---------------- how to-------------------

just install the apk,and press ,than reboot ,be sure you got LMT or button savior

FullScreenToggle.apk

FullScreenToggleV2.apk-Support4.1

View attachment FullScreenToggleV2.apk -Support4.1 XDA link

LMT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Version for stock 4.0.4

I went ahead and made the mod using the stock 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Please if you don't mind would you patch this for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running Ir11 beta 2.
    It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.
    For some reason I can't edit my post to attach files :confused:

Anyways, made two flashables for your convenient :D

Don't forget to BACKUP first!!!

AOKPB23 GSM Only.
    hide navbar for Paul's Modaco Rom 4.0.4

Well guys , I got many requests of how i flashed 4.0.4 with this mod , so I am posting a flashable CWM zip for paul's 4.0.4 Rom . So here is the attached file. I didn't do any scripting, just replaced the op flashable file of aokp with 4.0.4 framework of modaco. Make sure you guys install latest version of LMT before you flash so you can navigate better after the flash.
    o_O That sounds freaking awesome!

I know I shouldn't ask this, but any ETA?

Sure you can! Give me 1 or 2 hours...