[FIX] S Voice App "Network Error"

Search This thread

BusyPooping

Mar 5, 2009
Did you change the phone version in build prop? That's where the network error usually comes from.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BusyPooping

Mar 5, 2009
Hi there all

Any help/ideas?

Is it maybe because my system language of Android is German ?

Maybe try going into settings and change the voice to Samsung by vlingo or something like that. Changing the voice/ language settings may help. I thought there was a language pack going around somewhere. I will see if I can pull one out.

subvertz

Feb 9, 2012
Bergen
JUst a heads up, changing the buil.prop device name changes how your phone shows up in the play store. Not a problem, but dont get excited and think you have won a GT-I9300 or something.

anupam05

Apr 9, 2011
Singapore
updated one is working fine on ICS333 as it should.....thanks for porting this. not too great but fun.... :) [double tap home button don't work for me also]

schteevy

Feb 3, 2012
Preston
Hi there all

I also have a HTC Sensation XE (Android Version 4.0.3 / HTC Sense Version3.6) and it wont work :/ It always crashed when I start the app.

I tried both versions, the normal one "S-Voice of GS III.apk" with the build.prop which I had to edit 2 lines and the new "svoice-signed.apk" where you have to change nothing. (i rebooted always after the app-install)

I put big effort in it and I am clueless now..

Here is an explanation what I did:

1. I read the whole Thread, no help :( Then I registered here and saw the xda-noob-video, so funny :) because I know exactly what you mean... I work at an IT-Helpdesk..

2. First I had to Root my Phone: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1632553#

3. i am rooted now, i checked it with this tool: Root Check Basic --> everything fine

4. then i installed the standard-version S-Voice of GS III.apk, opened "root explorer" (which i bought especially for this!), mounted the \system as R/W, edited the build.prop with Jota Text Editor, saved it (original-file got named build.prop.bak), reboot the phone

5. i could start the app, but could never finish the introduction because it always crashed after 2-3 setup steps...

6. then i cleaned everything (deleted the old app, renamed the build.prop.bak back again, reboot the phone, fix permissions in the recovery mode), because i saw there is a new modified app here

7. then I installed the new app svoice-signed.apk, reboot the phone, now it doesnt even start, it always crashes at the beginning...

Any help/ideas?

Is it maybe because my system language of Android is German ?

same but mine is a Samsung GT-S5670 but my phone is GB

ehBrY

Network error on MOST WIFI Connections

S voice will connect on Mobile data network, but on MOST WIFI connections it will give NETWORK ERROR response. 4 out of 5 wifi spots have this problem. Does anyone know a work around or can identify this problem and help fix it?! I use my phone on WIFI 90% of the time, thanks. This is on the updated patched APK, changing build.prop and also flashing the version in CWM as well, they all still give network error when connected to some wifi spots.

Last edited:

BlackElvis79

May 2, 2009
SoCal
S voice will connect on Mobile data network, but on MOST WIFI connections it will give NETWORK ERROR response. 4 out of 5 wifi spots have this problem. Does anyone know a work around or can identify this problem and help fix it?! I use my phone on WIFI 90% of the time, thanks. This is on the updated patched APK, changing build.prop and also flashing the version in CWM as well, they all still give network error when connected to some wifi spots.

Maybe the wifi spots you're trying it on have wep or need you to open the browser first or something like that? Are you getting network errors on your own personal wifi?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Upstreammiami

Jun 8, 2010
Davie
If you guys flash the touchwiz clock s voice will save your alarms .there's a thread here with a flash toucwiz clock

Love my G Nexus

k.janku1

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Works perfectly :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338249545809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338249545809.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was able to modify the apk in order to send the "GT-I9300" string, so that I didn't have to modify my build.prop. Those that don't wish to modify build.prop, or can't (because you aren't rooted) can give it a try and see if it does the trick for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fp04n29phdzeram

Of course, thanks to the OP, as I wouldn't have known what to modify without the information about the build.prop changes.

For the purpose of disclosure on what was modified, and for those that wish to make the changes manually, you can use apktool to decode the apk, then edit smali/com/vlingo/sdk/internal/deviceinfo/PhoneInfo.smali and modify:
    "method public getModel()" and "method public getDeviceID()". Right before the return at the bottom of each function, put: const-string v1, "GT-I9300" (replace v1 with the value the return uses, v0 for getModel, v1 for getDeviceID.
    After installing the S Voice app, use a root explorer app to edit your build.prop to mimic that of the SGSIII. SEE POST #5 FOR PIC GUIDE.

Change...
    ro.product.model=(Your Device)

To...
    ro.product.model=GT-I9300

Do the same with line ro.product.device

Save changes and exit app. Reboot device and enjoy.

EDIT: Its been reported that this may cause GWallet not to function!!

Modified APK Courtesy of pHaez. Thanks B.

GDrive Mirror Courtesy of Waldos

For the purpose of disclosure on what was modified, and for those that wish to make the changes manually, you can use apktool to decode the apk, then edit smali/com/vlingo/sdk/internal/deviceinfo/PhoneInfo.smali and modify:
    "method public getModel()" and "method public getDeviceID()". Right before the return at the bottom of each function, put: const-string v1, "GT-I9300" (replace v1 with the value the return uses, v0 for getModel, v1 for getDeviceID.

~pHaez

Here's a visual step by step...

4b522f2d-a123-bc41.jpg

4b522f2d-a130-d222.jpg

4b522f2d-a141-22d9.jpg

4b522f2d-a158-d485.jpg

4b522f2d-a162-2c25.jpg

4b522f2d-a16a-a77c.jpg

4b522f2d-a174-888b.jpg

Reboot...

Don't see why anyone is bothering with this. The app is hopeless, its just so much quicker typing in what you want to do.

Probably because we have a secret plan to piss you off. Last time I checked it was called: xda"developers" not xda"FindAnExcuseToBitch"

And note to people with FC's
    I cleared the applications data, uninstalled, reinstalled and it worked for me. I was getting mad Fc's.. might wanna try that?

Also a lot of the commands are looking for TouchWiz applications, so not everything will work... I'm sure they will never update it to utilize custom apps but I guess we'll see