[MOD] CirclesMod for Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

slballer

Nov 15, 2009
Does any of these work on a rooted stock GN or do I have to flash a rom. I like stock, has everything I need, just love the battery mod...

Dmw017

Aug 6, 2011
Wowww it looks even better in person than on the pics.. dude you need to get a f***ing medal for this or something...
ಠ_ಠ Allow me to nurture your children in my womb.

bufodill

Sep 11, 2007
did anybody else try it on romans kang rom? I tried the iml74k, as it is what it says in "about phone", but after flashing I only get a screen without menubar and statusbar... :/

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
I don't want to quote your multiquote, but that's not what I meant ;)
By smooth circle I meant something along the lines of..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=748178
Where the circle isn't broken up into smaller pieces :)
Mmmno, I don't think so. That's not the style. I break them up into at least 4 segments. Would never be the same.
Dude... I love you beyond all reason
This thing is too sexy for my eyes
I will masturbate to it long time
Thanks. I think :)
Does any of these work on a rooted stock GN or do I have to flash a rom. I like stock, has everything I need, just love the battery mod...
If you have clockworkmod recovery, you can flash a zip. If I can get at the proper files (system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk), I'm fairly sure I can build on it.
Wowww it looks even better in person than on the pics.. dude you need to get a f***ing medal for this or something...
ಠ_ಠ Allow me to nurture your children in my womb.
Eehhh...no...hard cash or sexual favors, please...
did anybody else try it on romans kang rom? I tried the iml74k, as it is what it says in "about phone", but after flashing I only get a screen without menubar and statusbar... :/
Any of you have a link to that ROM?
No modifications to system files will work on the stock rom. You need a custom deodexed rom
I have succesfully built plenty of Mods for odexed stock firmwares on the Galaxy SII and Galaxy Tab 10.1, so I don't see why not...
What is the rom that is closest to stock that i can flash, that has everything working, fast and stable?
From personal experience, AndroidRevolution is good. So is PaulOBrien's from MoDaCo.com. He has a kitchen with UI customizations too.

jeff5891

Nov 15, 2011
Well, I'm replacing SystemUI.apk, so whatever preexisting Mods were there are wiped out by whatever settings and tweak (or lack thereof) are included in my Mod. If I'm building on e.g. AndroidRevolution 2.1.2, there won't be a softkey mod included, because Mike1986 doesn't include it in his...

Mine's the european GSM. I've done the 4G icons, because I anticipated being asked for Mods built on LTE firmware too ;)

Yep. Give me system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk, I can build on that ;)

If I'm understandig you right, see my first answer in this multi-reply-post. If not...weird. LOL. I'm not being much help, am I? :D

You saying my Mod ain't smooth?
Whatever do you mean, kind sir? :)

What are we talking about here? Pure AOSP, modified, CM9, bastardized hybrid...?

Mmmmmno...? Not as you describe it. You can't take stuff out, you can put less in at build time.

Is there anyway to only add the circle battery mod. I want to keep everything else stock except for the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Revolution

slballer

Nov 15, 2009
Originally Posted by slballer

If you have clockworkmod recovery, you can flash a zip. If I can get at the proper files (system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk), I'm fairly sure I can build on it.

That would be awesome if you can make that!! Love everything about my GN so I personally dont want to leave stock for anything less than perfect.

Hooolm

Jul 28, 2010
Odense
hooolm.com
Originally Posted by slballer

That would be awesome if you can make that!! Love everything about my GN so I personally dont want to leave stock for anything less than perfect.
It should be fairly easy, but the If I can get at the proper files thing implies someone provide them for me...cough*hint*
Is there anyway to only add the circle battery mod. I want to keep everything else stock except for the battery.
Yeah and meh. I'm not really that into maintaining multiple branches of one mod.
Takker :)

roboots21

Aug 25, 2010
I am on droidtheory zygot3 rom .. I really want this mod and I tried to just replace the png's but when I booted the wifi and signal icons overlapped .. is there an XML mod that needs to be done? I couldn't get apkmanager to decompile the systemui but maybe I should try the apk tool you listed .. any help you can provide would be great :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So of course I had to get a Galaxy Nexus. After having stared at its unimaginative statusbar icons for a few days, I felt there was a certain, circular aspect missing from its UI, so I took a deep breath and fired up Photoshop. I've kept the style similar to my previous versions of CirclesMod, but the icons are completely redrawn to make use of the Nexus' higher display resolution, and also incorporating some of my ideas from the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Looks like this ...
    ss_GNexus_CirclesMod_001.png

The most convenient way to get the Mod is via the Play Store, if you're running CyanogenMod 9, AOKP, Gummy or another ROM that incorporates the CM9 Theme Engine... I'm in the process of converting my themes to this format.

http://c0.dk/cmicsblue

My website holds all other versions, and I encourage you to bookmark this link, if you want to keep track of my Galaxy Nexus downloads :)
    http://circlesmod.dk...?s=dl&vl=gnexus

Disclaimer zero: I'm pre-supposing that you already know what to do with flashable zips, and that you accept responsibility for your own actions. Use your head, keep your device backed up and so on and so forth
    Disclaimer one: You're welcome to modify or repurpose my work as long as it's not generating income and I'm credited with a link to either http://circlesmod.dk or this thread.
    Disclaimer two: As for updates and versions, I'm not gonna do massive change logs and follow seven forums to cover the "market". I can't and won't spend all my waking hours building for any and every half-hourly KANG out there, so I'm inclined to pick one or two major ROMs and support that... I'm inclined to spend most of my time maintaining my Play Store theme(s) as it allows me to hit the greatest amount of devices with the least amount of effort...
    smile.png

Disclaimer three: I have the European GSM variant, also known as Maguro. Assume that my builds are for the GSM version. When in doubt, ask.
    AOKP Milestone 3 GSM/Maguro
    CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_maguro_milestone03_b001-signed.zip (undo)

AOKP Milestone 3 CDMA/Toro
    CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_toro_milestone03_b001-signed.zip (undo)

Milestone 3 contains an option to select a "CircleMod" battery.
    This set isn't mine, to be clear. Mine will appear in the next version
    Update for AOKP Milestone 5

-= Maguro / GSM =-
    Good old CirclesMod : CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_milestone05_maguro_b001.zip (undo)

New, awesome CirclesMod Freehand : CirclesMod_Freehand_GNexus_AOKP_milestone05_maguro_b001.zip (undo - same as the regular undo ;))

-= Toro / CDMA =-
    Good old CirclesMod : CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_milestone05_toro_b001.zip (undo)

New, awesome CirclesMod Freehand : CirclesMod_Freehand_GNexus_AOKP_milestone05_toro_b001.zip (undo - same as the regular undo ;))

-= White CirclesMod for Black Exodus =-

Both Maguro/GSM and Toro/CDMA : CirclesMod_for_BlackExodus_GNexus_AOKP_milestone05_maguro_toro.zip (undo)

What happens here is, what used to be "Black Nexus by Nitroz and Hooolm" is technically just Black Exodus infused with my white icons... So instead of Nitroz doing the extra work...here is CirclesMod for Black Exodus. It's a theme for a theme, like that movie with the spinning thingy and the dreams within dreams, right? Basically you flash Black Exodus on Milestone 5, then my theme on that.
    Would someone running Android Revolution 4.0.0 GSM try this please?

CirclesMod_GNexus_ARHD_400_maguro_b001.zip (undo)

I've thus far been unable to decompile ARHD 3.x and 4.x, but I'm trying out a modified apk_tool which appears to work. But Please please get the undo as well, and/or Nandroid. Uncharted waters.

------------

I will be doing a couple of themes for the upcoming CM9 theme engine.

I flashed it through recovery and it seems to work. No bug to report. Been waiting for this. Thx a lot!!!!