Condition

6 Vote(s)
85.71%

[MOD] Sense 4.0 clock widget APK

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 228

By J3bu5Cru57, Senior Member on 2nd April 2012, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE 17-OCT-2012: My apologies for not being around this thread in a while as I am currently deployed right now. As it has been stated in posts the weather no longer works. I am looking into the code of the APK to see if its an easy fix, but as I stated earlier I am currently deployed so it might be a while before I figure it out and post a fixed version (If I can even fix it). Everything else works, so if you don't care about the weather aspect of it, feel free to continue to use the widget as I'll be leaving the apk's up. For those that do care about the weather aspect here are some alternatives I recommend to tied you over for the time being.

Beautiful Widgets
Fancy Widgets
One More Clock
HD Widgets

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of this widget or the images used in it. I will try my best to give the correct credit to the correct personnel and link to their works original site. If I miss someone please let me know so I can add them to the credits section and if a dev doesn't want there work being used in this widget let me know so your work can be removed.

Was over in the Xoom Themes Board getting a Sense 4.0 clock widget.apk to put on my Xoom. After seeing it on my tablet I wanted to see if I could also install it on my gnex.

• 3 new versions: 4x1, ICS, and ICS Stock
  • basst's alarm and stock re-size functions included
  • higher resolution weather icons by VClouds and joshj132 included
  • Completely rearranged the landscape view to look like Sense 4.0's
  • can view in 4x2 size fully (except stock launcher.)

basst85's Version

artvandelay440 Version

Update - 4/24/12 - Updating my versions is on Semi-hold for a little while as I am in the process of preparing to move to another state. I'll keep the OP updated with other versions that people come up with. (Dang. Should have reserved the second post. Shows how new I am to posting. ).

Things to note for 4x1 - I was using a 5x4 grid (port and land) and didn't resize wanting to keep it the 4x1 size while assembling. Deviating from either of these settings will probably result in the widget looking all funky. I'm still preparing to move so I won't be updading this like I was in the past for previous widgets. Also to note, the weather icon in landscape mode is as big as it would let me make it (increasing the dip would do nothing as I would prefer the icon to be larger too ).

Thanks for all the feedback and I appreciate the patience with me during this learning process. This has been my first time messing with things like XML, compiling, signing, ect... and because of you guys it has been nothing but a pleasurable learning experience for me.

Credit to:

Yngwie Malmsteen (Thread) for the original APK used.
xvicedice's (Thread) for his help in getting this started.
basst85 (Post) for his help in getting an alarm / stock resizing function working on this widget and for his version.
artvandelay440 (thread) for his themed version used in his elegance theme
VClouds (Webpage) For his nice weather icons
joshj132 (Webpage) for extracting and sharing the HTC Touch Dimond Weather Icons.

My Screenshots:

Pic 1, 2, & 3:
- ROM - MIUI 2.4.6 ported by Magiman and Project_Fien_X at MIUI.us
- Wall - Pure Black & Bright Colors wallpaper pack by atticus182 (Thread)
- Icons - Illest Icon Set Miuiv4 by kgill7 (Thread)
- Dock - from the Genesis Experiment by Team Komminated at MIUI.us spliced into the Home theme from VA Aura by vukandric (Thread)

Pic 4 & 5:
- ROM - ICSourcery 2.0 by Team Sourcery found Here
- Wall - ICSourcery Wallpaper APK included in there ROM

Pic 6:
- ROM - AOKP Milestone 5 by Team Kang found Here
- Icons - MIUI-Metro by Delvien (Thread) & ICS Plates HD by solarus2011 (Thread)
The Following 140 Users Say Thank You to J3bu5Cru57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J3bu5Cru57 Ad-Free

2nd April 2012, 01:50 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,787

Donate to Me
More
Cheers for this boss i was wondering the same thing from the xoom thread

Edit.. It is still a little odd for me.. Even with the same width grid and resizable widgets..

Sent from my mind control device
2nd April 2012, 01:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
the sun is a little big, but other than that, fantastic!
2nd April 2012, 02:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshndroid

Cheers for this boss i was wondering the same thing from the xoom thread

Edit.. It is still a little odd for me.. Even with the same width grid and resizable widgets..

Sent from my mind control device

Not sure why it would do that as the high/low temps are lining up perfect on my phone. try the attached file. let me know if there's a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjfosho

the sun is a little big, but other than that, fantastic!

attached with smaller weather icon. let me know how it is
Attached Files
File Type: apk Sense_4_clock_Gnex[1].apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.33 MB, 4255 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J3bu5Cru57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J3bu5Cru57 Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 03:05 AM |#5  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thanks for this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
2nd April 2012, 03:42 AM |#6  
Flag Android City
Thanks Meter: 33

More
This is beautiful! There was a time when you needed to have the sense frame work to actually get any widgets working.. Now a little modding goes a long way
Thanks for sharing! Any idea if we could also get the weather animations ?

Edit: I just noticed after checking the widget out, this is not the real deal but hell it's the exact same style though! Only discrepancy is that the clock does not flip, weather animations and temperature it's out of alignment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 03:43 AM |#7  
Flag Ha Noi
Thanks Meter: 598

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3bu5Cru57

Not sure why it would do that as the high/low temps are lining up perfect on my phone. try the attached file. let me know if there's a difference

I still have a little issue with position of high/low . nothing change ( overlap high and low )
2nd April 2012, 04:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3bu5Cru57

the weather doesnt look like its changed in size. still pretty large
2nd April 2012, 04:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is it this low-res on HTC?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
2nd April 2012, 04:35 AM |#10  
Flag Android City
Thanks Meter: 33

More

Sent from my gNe-X using a Swyping thumb!
2nd April 2012, 04:57 AM |#11  
Flag Mendoza
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Me da force closet después de instalar. alguna sugerencia???
Uso la Rom Miui 2.2.3 para Milestone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)