[MOD][24-DEC] Stock Launcher | Invisible Folders | V2

Search This thread

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
As requested and to be honest, I like this alot

This has only been tested on my device running ARHD 1.3.0 so let me know how it goes.

Make sure you take a NANDROID backup before doing anything!

I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter while or, from installing this apk

preview.png

download-1.png

instructions.png

TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
1) Download Launcher2.apk
2) Open up CMD/Terminal and use ADB to do the following commands
3) adb pull /system/app/Launcher2.apk C:\nexusbackup\
4) adb remount
5) adb shell stop
6) adb push <Launcher2.apk location> /system/app
7) adb shell start

credits.png

djmcnz

All comments and feedback welcome

Last edited:

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
Funny enough I made a similar version in my Home forum, but I added semi transparent popup (also slightly more square, only 2 degrees) and based it on CM9 Launcher (compiled from source). If you are interested, I can PM you downoad link.

So sorry for highjacking this Thread, if you`re not happy with this post, I will delete it. In any case feel free to add my version to OP, if you like.

LauncherLucid2.jpg

LauncherLucid3.jpg

LauncherLucid5.jpg

LauncherLucid4.jpg

Last edited:

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
Funny enough I made a similar version in my Home forum, but I added semi transparent popup (also slightly more square, only 2 degrees) and based it on CM9 Launcher (compiled from source). If you are interested, I can PM you downoad link.

So sorry for highjacking this Thread, if you`re not happy with this post, I will delete it. In any case feel free to add my version to OP, if you like.

LauncherLucid2.jpg

LauncherLucid3.jpg

LauncherLucid5.jpg

LauncherLucid4.jpg

You got pm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

D_Magic

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks alot for this...looks really nice.

Im now on pauls rom..waiting for arhd 1.3.3 , when its out im going to try this asap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
Thanks alot for this...looks really nice.

Im now on pauls rom..waiting for arhd 1.3.3 , when its out im going to try this asap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

It should work on Pauls rom but if he has made any launcher changes then you will lose them.

Always do a backup before you flash anything though

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
Just use my update.zip from one of my threads and drag your apk in the zip. You can change name in update script with Notepad++ in MetaInf folder, so people don't read mine all the time :D

BTW - I will answer your PM once I'm back at my PC tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evostance

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
Just use my update.zip from one of my threads and drag your apk in the zip. You can change name in update script with Notepad++ in MetaInf folder, so people don't read mine all the time :D

Cheers. Just seen how to do it. Looks pretty simple.

Edit : its done but I've got status 6 :-( what program for osx are people using?

Last edited:

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
When I said on your other thread about makin the transparent background for the folders I knew it would look way better.. Thanks for makin this. I know every one using the Galaxy Nexus will use this this once they see it...

Reactions: Evostance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As requested and to be honest, I like this alot

This has only been tested on my device running ARHD 1.3.0 so let me know how it goes.

Make sure you take a NANDROID backup before doing anything!

I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter while or, from installing this apk

preview.png

download-1.png

instructions.png

TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    1) Download Launcher2.apk
    2) Open up CMD/Terminal and use ADB to do the following commands
    3) adb pull /system/app/Launcher2.apk C:\nexusbackup\
    4) adb remount
    5) adb shell stop
    6) adb push <Launcher2.apk location> /system/app
    7) adb shell start

credits.png

djmcnz

All comments and feedback welcome
    Is there a way to incorporate this with a different launcher? I would like to do this to Nova launcher. I have changed images in the Nova.apk SystemUI.apk, are those the only changes needed and if so what images? And maybe a transparent icon I can drop in it to replace stock image?

Edit: Yes you can do this on ANY Launcher. Just modify three images. The: portal_ring_inner.png, portal_ring_outer.png, portal_ring_rest.png and make them transparent using this image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14168006/hotseat_track_holo.9.zip. Its a transparent image. Rename it to the three incons above and drop them into your launcher.apk, then move to Phone and reboot.

When I said on your other thread about makin the transparent background for the folders I knew it would look way better.. Thanks for makin this. I know every one using the Galaxy Nexus will use this this once they see it...
    thks but I only need transparent font, and in zip format :p

Transparent fonts :confused:

Just don't put a folder name?